Game - New bunch of c***s Page 39

• Page

of 48 First / Last

• Deleted user 18 March 2013 16:15:58
    Zomoniac wrote:
    Their trade-in price match is stupidly generous. Though if they can shift the stock at those silly prices I guess they may as well. Got MG Rising and Tomb Raider from ShopTo for 31.85 each, had each for a fortnight, got Game to pricematch Cex's 30 and add a quid, so having two new releases for two weeks cost me 85 pence each. Mental.
    They recently declined a trade of mine - CEX offered 26, Game said "we can't do that as we only sell it for 14.99".

Seemed fair enough, actually, and the rest of the price they offered was more than fair (beating CEX across the board, plus 25% as I was exchanging for PSN points)
  • Lotos8ter 18 Mar 2013 16:22:02 2,364 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Yenrug - ok, cheers.

Its a clever strategy though. I've now got 3.50 to offset against a new game which will lead to more points etc etc. I quite fancy Last of Us but will wait and see if they're still trading nearer June before I take the plunge.

Fiat Lux

• Vortex808 22 Mar 2013 19:23:09 7,448 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I think I am done with game for preordering games i really want now. Two of the last three have come after release since their financial issues. It really can't be that difficult to get stuff in the post for release. Unless they don't get their stock until later now.

Regardless, I guess that's 10+ games a year I won't be buying from them now.
  • jonsaan 22 Mar 2013 19:31:24 25,428 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've been in three times this week to check my DOA 5 plus pre order was on track.
    When I get in today not only am I spun some utter bullshit about boxed copies not being ready for sale yet. They also told me I could get it from PSN today and that it was 39.99 and 6gb available right now on PSN. Well it's not out till next week on PSN for starters and I went and got it for 20 quid from CEX instead.

Had. I listened to their ill informed paff I'd have been utterly DOAless this weekend.

FCUTA!

• thedaveeyres 22 Mar 2013 19:41:11 11,426 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Game online now refuse to sell me anything, cancelling my last order at the point when they are about to dispatch. It's very bizarre.

Ah well, more money for Rodger ShopTo and Rodger SimplyGames.

XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

• ElNuevo9 22 Mar 2013 19:57:01 13,538 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Game have been decent the last couple of times I've traded games in. Gave me 16 for NFS Most Wanted a couple of weeks ago, and then added a further 25% because I wanted a PSN voucher.

Also price matched CEX for Tomb Raider plus added a quid, giving me 31. Only paid 32 for Tomb Raider from Tesco.

Hated, adored, never ignored.

• dgb 22 Mar 2013 20:30:34 657 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    3 month guarantee on an Xbox headset it seems, now that the thing has died after about 14 weeks. I'm arguing with them online but I don't hold out much hope.
  • bigshaba 23 Mar 2013 02:29:50 10 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Game have gone downhill imo.. rarely have the cheapest price anymore
  • MrDigital 23 Mar 2013 09:40:00 1,866 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    dgb wrote:
    3 month guarantee on an Xbox headset it seems, now that the thing has died after about 14 weeks. I'm arguing with them online but I don't hold out much hope.
    Fairly certain all electronics have a standard 1 year guarantee.

Edited by Geesh at 09:40:33 23-03-2013

Formerly TheStylishHobo and Geesh.

• Garfy 23 Mar 2013 12:14:53 692 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Any ideas on how to spend reward points at checkout? Cos I can't find how to do it.
  • Garfy 23 Mar 2013 13:46:48 692 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Seriously how do you do it? I want to buy the tomb raider offer before they completely sell out.
  • YenRug 23 Mar 2013 14:13:51 2,384 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Garfy Just tried to "buy" something myself, the reward points entry box is missing, looks like there's something wrong with their website.
  • LionheartDJH 26 Mar 2013 14:26:00 19,514 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The new trade-in calculator on their website is pretty handy. Some of my older games were worth more than I thought so had a mini clear out. Traded against Bioshock so got 25% extra too, pretty good deal actually, especially as I got 18.50 for Far Cry 3 which I paid less than that for when I bought it from them originally. Bioshock, Tomb Raider and 12 left over; my Easter is sorted!

She dives for cheese pasties

• X201 26 Mar 2013 14:35:28 15,680 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    dgb wrote:
    Provided it was a brand new one, not second hand... They're talking total bollocks.

You have 6 years of protection under the EU regulations that the UK adopted. The amount of protection can alter as the time progresses but your headset should have lasted longer than it did. So you're covered.

http://sogahub.tradingstandards.gov.uk/

Edited by X201 at 14:41:36 26-03-2013
  • BigOrkWaaagh 26 Mar 2013 14:46:31 2,218 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @LionheartDJH This actually helped me out in store. I wanted to trade in Darksiders II (a few months ago) and they offered me 9, I think. I said whoa there, your online calculator jobby says 14 - look it's on my phone and everything. So he took my phone off me and input the barcode "because sometimes that works better" and I ended up getting the 20ish for the Limited Edition. Good times!
  • dgb 16 Apr 2013 23:21:38 657 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    X201 wrote:
    dgb wrote:
    Provided it was a brand new one, not second hand... They're talking total bollocks.

You have 6 years of protection under the EU regulations that the UK adopted. The amount of protection can alter as the time progresses but your headset should have lasted longer than it did. So you're covered.

http://sogahub.tradingstandards.gov.uk/
    Well it took 3 emails and a visit to store but they replaced the 9.99 headset. It should not be that hard!
  • Angry_Man_Dan 19 Aug 2013 00:34:32 191 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I haven't been in a Game store for about 6 months or so and have some stuff I intend to trade in tomorrow, as a bit of a clear out. I'm looking to get them to price match Cex (plus 1) on my trade in items and I'm also hoping that they will still offer the 25% extra as I'm looking to trade in for a PSN voucher. Can anybody confirm if they still do this or am I going to get looked at like I'm some kind of imbecile? Previous experiences with them have been pretty dire!

PSN / NNID -Angry_Man_Dan
    Live - AngryManDanHD

• Angry_Man_Dan 19 Aug 2013 01:32:28 191 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Great, the Cex is about 50 yards down the road so should be ok! Cheers

Live - AngryManDanHD

• ZuluHero 19 Aug 2013 01:38:21 4,228 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    They price match anyone in town..so if you have a hmv or anything else play them off against one another.
  • santashi 19 Aug 2013 02:27:42 5,167 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    They won't price match if they would sell the same game for less than they'd give you, but otherwise you should be okay.

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• munki83 19 Aug 2013 08:42:47 1,445 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    They also don't like price matching when other deals are involved I tried to get them to price math cex when they were doing the steam wallet promotion and they wouldn't however they also claimed that the steam deal was no longer on even though they had a poster in the window and banners on the website
  • killersrquiet 19 Aug 2013 08:59:34 2,116 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I wouldn't go near game. A few months back I tried to trade some games only to be told I'd need proof of address ie an electric bill. As if that wasn't laughable enough i was picking up black ops 2 for a friend and they were selling it for 45, I asked the manager did she wonder why game are close to going under with those prices considering tesco, asda and every else where selling it for 25
  • MrSensible 19 Aug 2013 09:04:33 25,290 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Like the manager has control over those things...
  • Angry_Man_Dan 19 Aug 2013 09:05:34 191 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Thanks for the advice guys, I'm armed and ready to go and sort them out at lunch! I've got a Game loyalty card, so hopefully they aren't going to ask me to produce any bills etc.
    I'm not the biggest fan of them, but the specific reason for going is that they offer the discount against digital purchases and CEX don't tend to keep PSN cards as stock, so they're kind of the default option unfortunately.

Live - AngryManDanHD

• Kosmoz 19 Aug 2013 09:07:10 7,734 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    killersrquiet wrote:
    I wouldn't go near game. A few months back I tried to trade some games only to be told I'd need proof of address ie an electric bill. As if that wasn't laughable enough i was picking up black ops 2 for a friend and they were selling it for 45, I asked the manager did she wonder why game are close to going under with those prices considering tesco, asda and every else where selling it for 25
    The first part has nothing to do with game, its the law.

Every girl I ever kissed I was thinking of a pro footballer.

• J.C 19 Aug 2013 09:35:04 1,271 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Game fucking suck end of. Anyone defending them on here can fuck off as well. Robbing cunts they are.
  • MrSensible 19 Aug 2013 09:45:08 25,290 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Their prices might not be great, but you don't have to take them. How is that robbing? Just say no, kids.
  • Load_2.0 19 Aug 2013 09:51:04 19,506 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Exactly they are not obligated to take anyones second hand products and you are free to shop anywhere!

Take some deep breaths.
  • Page

of 48 First / Last