Game - New bunch of c***s Page 38

• Page

of 48 First / Last

• binky Moderator 6 Nov 2012 16:48:31 9,849 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Kangoo They really need to abolish their incorrect advertising then.
  • santashi 6 Nov 2012 16:59:36 5,167 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Kangoo wrote:
    Had the same happen to me today, took Dishonored in and they offered me 16 trade. Told them CEX offer 30, said they could only offer me 24 as they only sell it for 30.00 pre-owned and they can't offer the same as they sell it for.

Must be the first game in history that a pre-owned game is not 2 less then the new version.
    They sometimes seem to charge more for the privilege of buying a preowned game, even... ;)

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• kinky_mong 6 Nov 2012 18:10:08 10,727 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    SlackMaster wrote:

When I left the store I decided that I would not shop at CEX in Lewisham again.
    To be honest I think you'd be better deciding never to shop in Lewisham again.

Or in fact go there at all!

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• PazJohnMitch 7 Nov 2012 01:02:07 8,617 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    santashi wrote:
    Kangoo wrote:
    Had the same happen to me today, took Dishonored in and they offered me 16 trade. Told them CEX offer 30, said they could only offer me 24 as they only sell it for 30.00 pre-owned and they can't offer the same as they sell it for.

Must be the first game in history that a pre-owned game is not 2 less then the new version.
    They sometimes seem to charge more for the privilege of buying a preowned game, even... ;)
    But you get more for your money if you buy secondhand!

There are extras such as pubes or left over weed fragments from when the previous owner used the manual to roll with.
  • binky Moderator 7 Nov 2012 08:44:09 9,849 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Good news! Gamestation (still undergoing the brand change there) in Dartford honoured the CEX price match with no problem whatsoever. Good guys in there. Hope the takeover doesn't change them.
  • Vortex808 30 Nov 2012 12:25:28 7,471 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    How's there delivery for pre-order these days? They always used to get pre-orders to me the day before prior to their issues.

I pre-ordered far cry 3 from them recently, and got a despatch email from them on sunday. Still no sign of it, so I'm beginning to wonder if some thieving postie is playing my copy. :(
  • Vortex808 3 Dec 2012 12:46:57 7,471 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Rightio, the postie has apparently been past and still no Far Cry 3. I reckon someone has liberated it while it's been somewhere in the postal system, so I guess it's not their fault.

:(

Now to wait for 10 working days to see if that's the case before I can register my non-receipt with Game and finally get another copy posted out.

Bah. Hopefully it'll arrive before xmas!

Edited by Vortex808 at 12:47:07 03-12-2012
  • PazJohnMitch 4 Dec 2012 04:35:12 8,617 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    If you live in Wembley then the postal service will have "misplaced" it.

Thieving cunts.
  • Vortex808 4 Dec 2012 18:22:16 7,471 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It has finally arrived after being sent to some else in the country.

At least it finally arrived!
  • oceanmotion 7 Jan 2013 16:37:10 16,088 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    http://sticktwiddlers.com/2013/01/07/game-partner-with-microsoft-for-exclusive-achievements/

Whether it's true or not I could really see MS doing something like day one achievements.
  • Raiko101 7 Jan 2013 16:42:21 6,608 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I notice GAME have stuck there 'sale' stickers on boxes now. A giant blue sticker, that completely fails to cover up the old purple one, says 'Now only 39.99!'. The old purple sticker says '29.99'.

If I go back, i'm taking a pic and tagging them in it.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87 (Dave)
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Whizzo 7 Jan 2013 16:59:29 43,272 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I must say I was a bit surprised when I bought a pre-owned copy of inFamous the other day, not because it was in decent nick and only required a light cleansing, more that I "unlocked" two achievements on my GAME account by doing it that they notified me by email.

The Stick Twiddlers story is pretty bizarre but not so bizarre that I can't see it happening, I expect it'll be for other retailers around the world as well like GameStop. Daft idea though.

This space left intentionally blank.

• kinky_mong 7 Jan 2013 17:05:59 10,727 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    oceanmotion wrote:
    http://sticktwiddlers.com/2013/01/07/game-partner-with-microsoft-for-exclusive-achievements/

Whether it's true or not I could really see MS doing something like day one achievements.
    Achievement Unlocked! Sad Twat - 0G
    Stood in the cold being mocked my drunks at kicking out time, while people who ordered online have been playing the game for the last 12 hours already.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• PazJohnMitch 15 Jan 2013 20:12:42 8,617 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I traded 4 games into GAME today. When I left I realised that the had not given me the bonus 10 their advertisement outside quoted. So I went back and complained.

The guy behind the counter told me it was included but the receipt and basic arithmetic destroyed that argument. He then said he had put a code in and this had added money to each of the trades. I questioned this and got him to scan the games again without the code. (Sure enough same total).

He then called a meeting in the back room and his boss made him pay 10 of his own money to give me a gift voucher. At that point I actually felt sorry for the guy. (Still accepted the voucher though).

Edited by PazJohnMitch at 20:13:14 15-01-2013

Edited by PazJohnMitch at 20:13:51 15-01-2013
  • captainrentboy 15 Jan 2013 20:28:50 1,062 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    His boss seems like a giganto cunt, especially when the problem is so easy to rectify. :/
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 15 Jan 2013 20:37:10 39,371 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    PazJohnMitch wrote:
    He then called a meeting in the back room and his boss made him pay 10 of his own money to give me a gift voucher.
    I've got nothing against you PJM, but my bullshit meter nearly exploded on that one. This cannot have happened.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• the_dudefather 15 Jan 2013 20:41:26 9,396 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    trying to lie twice to worm out of it removes most of the sympathy

Edited by the_dudefather at 20:41:58 15-01-2013

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• PazJohnMitch 15 Jan 2013 20:45:15 8,617 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    He paid with his credit card. It was light blue in colour.

I was told that as the transaction was completed and signed for I could not retrospectively be given the bonus 10.

I did not argue but neither did I leave the till and a queue formed behind me.

I should clarify that I was not in the meeting. I was still waiting at the till.

Edited by PazJohnMitch at 20:46:52 15-01-2013
  • SomaticSense 16 Jan 2013 16:18:15 8,982 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I wouldn't have accepted the voucher if it meant he had to pay for it. It's the stores responsibility, not his bank account. It's easy to make mistakes in retail, and that one was staggeringly easy to fix without a total cunt of a boss demanding such a harsh punishment.

I'd have demanded the store pay for it. It would have come out of their pockets had the transaction gone through properly anyway so the poor lad got screwed by his boss fuck-up or not. Why wasn't the 10 added automatically as part of the till's calculation anyway.

Why the hell should companies take all the praise when the staff do well, but fob off any responsibility when a staff member makes an inevitable mistake?
  • SomaticSense 16 Jan 2013 16:32:16 8,982 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    LionheartDJH wrote:
    Bought something from them for the first time in ages and suffered the classic 'brand new game not working due to being left loose in drawer and getting scratched' issue. When I took it back they didn't have another copy so the guy cleaned the disc, which must have amounted to sticking some fluid on it and giving it a quick wipe cos it only took a minute and came back with all the scratches still intact, so guessing they don't use a buffing machine.

Still didn't work (surprise) so had to go back again and pick another game. I can understand needing to have a few non-sealed copies so they can have boxes out on the shelves, but I don't understand why it's such a stretch to get some zip seals and put them in so the discs aren't left to rattle around.
    They should be getting display cases specifically for that purpose so there's no excuse.

Besides the major console manufacturers told all retail stores they have to stop opening the seals anyway. So might be worth contacting the publisher/console manufacturer and them what that store's 'policy' is with regard to new games.
  • PazJohnMitch 16 Jan 2013 16:56:56 8,617 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    GAME have been pretty good with selling factory sealed boxes on new games recently.

Was it an older and/or rare game.
  • Ultrasoundwave 14 Mar 2013 10:58:52 3,398 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Anyone else noticed Game putting their prices up recently?

Pretty much all the recent releases (Crysis 3, Metal Gear Rising) are going for 42.99.

The new Tomb Raider, which is 32ish everywhere else, is 40 in Game.

Like the thread title says : bunch of cunts!

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• Raiko101 14 Mar 2013 11:12:27 6,608 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    They did that with their January sales too.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87 (Dave)
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Triggerhappytel 14 Mar 2013 11:22:08 2,695 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    Anyone else noticed Game putting their prices up recently?

Pretty much all the recent releases (Crysis 3, Metal Gear Rising) are going for 42.99.

The new Tomb Raider, which is 32ish everywhere else, is 40 in Game.

Like the thread title says : bunch of cunts!
    It's not just Game, I've noticed it in Blockbuster too. I wonder if publishers are pushing for a higher selling price to net a bit more profit in this time of low software sales.

Either way, idiots. It just makes me more inclined to shop online.
  • Lotos8ter 17 Mar 2013 13:56:01 2,364 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    GAME seemed to have introduced shopping achievements/trophies. Its been AGES since I bought anything but I did take advantage of the PS+ year sub for 20. I've now earned points for "first transaction" and there are others for downloading their app and for trading in 5/10/25/100 games, each with more points and a shitty name and icon. Its the end of the world you know.

If this has been going for 2 years and I'm late, then so it goes. I can't be doing with this life in the fast lane stuff like some of you crazy kids.

Fiat Lux

• YenRug 18 Mar 2013 16:00:23 2,391 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Lotos8ter It was introduced a couple of months back, I believe, I bought something just before they sent out e-mails and got notified I'd made my "first transaction" which seemed really odd seeing as how long I've had an account with them. Absolutely no plans to get the trade-in "achievements", I think it's pretty safe to say.
  • imamazed 18 Mar 2013 16:02:36 5,902 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeh same happened to me (first transaction bonus despite me having my reward card for over 10 years).

I don't think the "achievements" are that bad an idea. Doesn't concern me at all, but I imagine some younger people may like them.
  • Zomoniac 18 Mar 2013 16:13:04 7,908 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Their trade-in price match is stupidly generous. Though if they can shift the stock at those silly prices I guess they may as well. Got MG Rising and Tomb Raider from ShopTo for 31.85 each, had each for a fortnight, got Game to pricematch Cex's 30 and add a quid, so having two new releases for two weeks cost me 85 pence each. Mental.
  • Deleted user 18 March 2013 16:14:34
    They get allocated retroactively but only after you use your card agains as far as I can work out. My account was dormant for ages but I bought NFS MW just before Chrimbo and my emails went nuts. Ended up with a tenner's worth of PSN credit though :-D
  • Page

of 48 First / Last