Game - New bunch of c***s

  • Page

    of 46 First / Last

    Previous
  • jaffacake 8 Jan 2007 14:29:13 986 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    As is usually the case, as we live opposite ends of the country, my brother was good enough to supply this year's xmas present with the receipt just in case.

    He bought me Red Steel for the Wii which, unfortunately, my father out-law had already got me.

    So off I trekked to Game in Basingstoke at the weekend to get a refund.

    The game, totally sealed up, never opened and a full valid receipt were supplied.

    Would they give me a refund under their "buy with confidence" policy? Would they bollocks.

    I, apparently, needed the original credit card in order to get a refund. Naturally this was the other end of the country...not much use.

    I argued for a considerable length of time. They couldn't show me any policy that showed it had to be credited to the original card...presumably because they just made it up. Even the small print on their "buy with confidence" notices didn't cover it.

    I got the cardholder on the phone to supply the full details of the card, expiry date etc. but they wouldn't even do this.

    Bunch of cunts.

    They are now blacklisted by me, my family and my friends.

    Bunch of cunts, I'll drink champagne on the day you call in the liquidators.
  • deem 8 Jan 2007 14:31:26 31,641 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Post deleted
  • jaffacake 8 Jan 2007 14:33:06 986 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    deem wrote:
    Every shop in the country has this policy.

    Why not just get vouchers?


    Bollocks do they.

    You ever taken anything back to John Lewis?
  • captbirdseye 8 Jan 2007 14:33:49 4,787 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    jaffacake wrote:
    As is usually the case, as we live opposite ends of the country, my brother was good enough to supply this year's xmas present with the receipt just in case.

    He bought me Red Steel for the Wii which, unfortunately, my father out-law had already got me.

    So off I trekked to Game in Basingstoke at the weekend to get a refund.

    The game, totally sealed up, never opened and a full valid receipt were supplied.

    Would they give me a refund under their "buy with confidence" policy? Would they bollocks.

    I, apparently, needed the original credit card in order to get a refund. Naturally this was the other end of the country...not much use.

    I argued for a considerable length of time. They couldn't show me any policy that showed it had to be credited to the original card...presumably because they just made it up. Even the small print on their "buy with confidence" notices didn't cover it.

    I got the cardholder on the phone to supply the full details of the card, expiry date etc. but they wouldn't even do this.

    Bunch of cunts.

    They are now blacklisted by me, my family and my friends.

    Bunch of cunts, I'll drink champagne on the day you call in the liquidators.

    Everywhere operates like this buddy because you paid on your card but they should be able to offer you vouchers or an exchange if it is a prevention against fraud mate.

    /glad he has never had a credit card

    Edited by captbirdseye at 14:37:58 08-01-2007
  • darrenb 8 Jan 2007 14:33:50 676 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Sorry, but as far as I am aware that is the policy at all stores with credit/debit cards.

    I have been told this by my wife that is a manager at RBS so I think you rant at Game (for once) was a little injustified.

    You "possibly" would have been entitled for an exchange but as you have told them that you were not the original purchaser you arent technically entitled to that either!

    Sorry to spoil your day :-)

    As it appears a few other already have done so!!!

    Edited by darrenb at 14:34:52 08-01-2007
  • jaffacake 8 Jan 2007 14:34:48 986 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Furbs wrote:
    Yeah its actually an anti fraud measure, so maybe you should take it up with the Banking Code people?

    Like I said, if it was policy it would be written down.

    That's 2 bad experiences with Game in 2 visits. It's interesting how they seem to train their management in how to handle irate customers.

    Surely customer service should be key, not just pissing people off and making them get angry.

    He fed me the usual "if you're going to talk to me like that, I'm just going to walk away line." Shame really, I hadn't got started at all.
  • TheSaint 8 Jan 2007 14:36:14 14,201 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    jaffacake wrote:
    deem wrote:
    Every shop in the country has this policy.

    Why not just get vouchers?


    Bollocks do they.

    You ever taken anything back to John Lewis?

    When I used to work in retail the computer would only let us refund to the original card used at purchase. However the system used to save all the details so the card holder didn't need to be there.
  • Deleted user 8 January 2007 14:36:29
    lol
  • jaffacake 8 Jan 2007 14:37:00 986 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    captbirdseye wrote:

    Everywhere operates like this buddy because you paid on your card.

    No, they don't.

    Game aren't just happy to overcharge for most of their games, that are nearly always cheaper elsewhere, but they wanna piss around with refunds too.

    Last time it was a genuinely faulty PC game which they didn't want to refund because 'PC games can be copied'.

    Yes, I knew that...I was a paying fucking customer.
  • darrenb 8 Jan 2007 14:37:10 676 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    But he wanted a refund, all shops will do during this period is exchange goods if you dont have the reciept with original card.
  • deem 8 Jan 2007 14:37:47 31,641 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Stickman 8 Jan 2007 14:38:05 29,662 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Bet you didn't see the thread turning out this way, eh?! :D

    Come on...give us a sheepish grin, an "aw shucks", and retire, dignity half intact.

    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

  • jaffacake 8 Jan 2007 14:38:49 986 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    TheSaint wrote:
    When I used to work in retail the computer would only let us refund to the original card used at purchase. However the system used to save all the details so the card holder didn't need to be there.

    We were more than happy with this option. I had the cardholder on the phone with all the security details...but they wouldn't do it.

    It's policy apparently, but not one that anybody has ever written down.

    Seriously have never been closer to smacking somebody in the mouth in my life.
  • Deleted user 8 January 2007 14:38:56
    Stickman wrote:
    Bet you didn't see the thread turning out this way, eh?! :D

    Come on...give us a sheepish grin, an "aw shucks", and retire, dignity half intact.

    He's right though, GAME are a bunch of cunts but not for the reason stated.
  • TheSaint 8 Jan 2007 14:39:40 14,201 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    jaffacake wrote:

    Last time it was a genuinely faulty PC game which they didn't want to refund because 'PC games can be copied'.

    Yes, I knew that...I was a paying fucking customer.

    No shop will refund a PC game they will only ever offer you an exchange if it is faulty.
  • jaffacake 8 Jan 2007 14:39:43 986 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    deem wrote:
    jaffacake wrote:
    deem wrote:
    Every shop in the country has this policy.

    Why not just get vouchers?


    Bollocks do they.

    You ever taken anything back to John Lewis?

    Every shop in the country has this policy.


    No...they don't.
  • Stickman 8 Jan 2007 14:40:37 29,662 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    boabg wrote:
    Stickman wrote:
    Bet you didn't see the thread turning out this way, eh?! :D

    Come on...give us a sheepish grin, an "aw shucks", and retire, dignity half intact.

    He's right though, GAME are a bunch of cunts but not for the reason stated.

    Oh, I agree, a thread based on that is usually a sure fire winner. That's what makes this one so delightfully funny.

    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

  • jaffacake 8 Jan 2007 14:41:20 986 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Mapster wrote:
    They should have paid cash instead of getting it on the never never :)

    If you knew the buyer you'd realise just how funny that is.
  • Huntcjna 8 Jan 2007 14:41:36 13,871 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    jaffacake wrote:
    captbirdseye wrote:

    Everywhere operates like this buddy because you paid on your card.

    No, they don't.

    Game aren't just happy to overcharge for most of their games, that are nearly always cheaper elsewhere, but they wanna piss around with refunds too.

    Last time it was a genuinely faulty PC game which they didn't want to refund because 'PC games can be copied'.

    Yes, I knew that...I was a paying fucking customer.

    Yea, unfortunatley you are massively wrong on this one. I have to know the banking code due to some of my retailer based clients at work and game could actually be sued for refunding cash on a card payment by the credit card company.

    They are not obliged to refund you and if they offered you vouchers you should have taken them as they don't even need to offer you those.
  • jaffacake 8 Jan 2007 14:42:14 986 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    TheSaint wrote:
    No shop will refund a PC game they will only ever offer you an exchange if it is faulty.

    No, you're wrong again.

    Even Game will do a refund, if you ask them nicely enough.
  • Deleted user 8 January 2007 14:42:33
    /blinkers
  • captbirdseye 8 Jan 2007 14:42:39 4,787 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    jaffacake wrote:
    deem wrote:
    jaffacake wrote:
    deem wrote:
    Every shop in the country has this policy.

    Why not just get vouchers?


    Bollocks do they.

    You ever taken anything back to John Lewis?

    Every shop in the country has this policy.


    No...they don't.

    I suppose you must have been lucky mate the time before game.
  • deem 8 Jan 2007 14:42:55 31,641 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Post deleted
  • jaffacake 8 Jan 2007 14:43:42 986 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    deem wrote:
    jaffacake wrote:
    No...they don't.

    It's the Law ffs.

    Seriously, when 2000 people tell you to lie down, lie down.



    All I can say is John Lewis. Been there, done that, didn't need original card.

    And it's not the law, you talk shit.

    Edited by jaffacake at 14:44:06 08-01-2007
  • captbirdseye 8 Jan 2007 14:44:26 4,787 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    jaffacake wrote:
    deem wrote:
    jaffacake wrote:
    No...they don't.

    It's the Law ffs.

    Seriously, when 2000 people tell you to lie down, lie down.



    All I can say is John Lewis. Been there, was lucky, i was served by a muppet.
  • jaffacake 8 Jan 2007 14:44:59 986 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Huntcjna wrote:
    [Yea, unfortunatley you are massively wrong on this one. I have to know the banking code due to some of my retailer based clients at work and game could actually be sued for refunding cash on a card payment by the credit card company.

    They are not obliged to refund you and if they offered you vouchers you should have taken them as they don't even need to offer you those.

    Link me to this law/policy/whatever?
  • Page

    of 46 First / Last

    Previous
Log in or register to reply