Halo 3 Page 2

• Page

of 13 First / Last

• ilmaestro 16 Dec 2006 19:50:32 32,406 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    "the new assault rifle has a little bit of a longer range than in Halo, and it's a little more accurate."

Super.

"Think of the times when you've been in a game and you see a team-mate up ahead and you yell, 'Hey, you over there with the spiky blue head logo - oh, you're dead.' We're implementing Service Numbers as they're more legible. Now you just yell, 'Hey, t44 get that Warthog!'"

Sounds like someone's been playing Chromehounds (and probably a dozen other games that did it before)

"Jaime Griesemer: Well, we're doing what we're calling Saved Films. You can pause the action and see what's going on, so if there's a crucial moment in your game you can check it out in slow-mo. If you just want to get to the action, you can fast forward. If there's a scene that you really want to check out and get a bird's-eye view of, you can fly the camera around and start the action again and watch it from a different angle. If there's a moment that you've missed - you can rewind! You'll also be able to watch the fight in third-person, and you can do all of the same things from that perspective.

Brian Jarrard: One of the things that's exciting is being able to watch your Saved Films with your party over the network. Imagine what the community will do with that! It's a great way to review your game and work on your strategies and find out what worked and what didn't."

Wow. Sounds like a ridiculously good idea, exactly the sort of thing people would have been dying to have in Halo 2.

• Xerx3s 17 Dec 2006 12:56:39 23,944 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ronuds wrote:
    Definitely the lobby system in Halo 2 could be tweaked for 3. I don't know too many people who liked it. What scares me is that Bungie seemed to think it was the cat's pajamas and may not change the system for H3. And now that GoW implements something similar, we may be in for the same system as before. Maybe it's an MS thing?

They had better add online co-op, though. To not would be disgraceful.

What are you smoking? The H2 system is the best lobby system I've ever seen. It's one of the reasons that the game is still effin popular. What strikes me is that nobody else chose to copy at least the party system.
  • morriss 17 Dec 2006 13:30:19 70,911 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Xerx3s wrote:
    ronuds wrote:
    Definitely the lobby system in Halo 2 could be tweaked for 3. I don't know too many people who liked it. What scares me is that Bungie seemed to think it was the cat's pajamas and may not change the system for H3. And now that GoW implements something similar, we may be in for the same system as before. Maybe it's an MS thing?

They had better add online co-op, though. To not would be disgraceful.

What are you smoking? The H2 system is the best lobby system I've ever seen. It's one of the reasons that the game is still effin popular. What strikes me is that nobody else chose to copy at least the party system.
    +1
  • phAge 17 Dec 2006 13:35:24 24,336 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Up for an hour or so of Gears, mate?
  • Deleted user 17 December 2006 13:40:12
    Some of us should really get some Halo 2 going sometime. Haven't played it in ages, and I totally suck at it. :)
  • JCHilton 17 Dec 2006 13:41:19 1,452 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    deathgibbon wrote:
    Some of us should really get some Halo 2 going sometime. Haven't played it in ages, and I totally suck at it. :)
    Im not a regular or in this "some of us group" but i agree ;)
  • mcmonkeyplc 17 Dec 2006 13:45:47 39,384 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    phAge wrote:

What!?

Heresey! The Sangali will rip you apart.

/is bored

Come and get it cumslingers!

• JCHilton 17 Dec 2006 13:46:39 1,452 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    phAge wrote:

What!?

Heresey! The Sangali will rip you apart.

/is bored
    Can I play too master?? :*(
  • Xerx3s 17 Dec 2006 13:50:21 23,944 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    phAge wrote:

err... I should be working.
  • Deleted user 17 December 2006 13:51:20
    Xerx3s wrote:
    phAge wrote:

I think he was talking to morriss about co-op. :)
  • phAge 17 Dec 2006 13:53:57 24,336 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Xerx3s wrote:
    phAge wrote:

How to put this delicately... ;)
  • morriss 20 Dec 2006 00:30:41 70,911 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Bungie cover their own backsides :)
  • ilmaestro 20 Dec 2006 01:30:24 32,406 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    "The documentary will run for almost exactly seven minutes (coincidence? UNLIKELY!) and contains a first peek at the bad guy you will grow to love and hate in Halo 3."

Excited? I think so.

• TwistidChimp 20 Dec 2006 01:32:20 8,825 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    2 PST.. in GMT that would be.. ?
  • ilmaestro 20 Dec 2006 01:39:54 32,406 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    10am.

• matrim83 20 Dec 2006 07:30:15 5,587 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Wohoo.

Valar morghulis.

• Xerx3s 20 Dec 2006 07:52:54 23,944 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    That 10 am is UT. That would be 11 am for the civilised zone. ;)
  • morriss 20 Dec 2006 09:31:13 70,911 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    29mins!!!
  • Onny 20 Dec 2006 09:50:41 5,697 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This is what I'd like to see; the chief and the arbiter combined in a single campaign. If you like the chief, fine, you can go through and play using him. If you like the arbiter, you can play the same campaign from his point of view. This would mean that in co-op, one of you would choose the chief, one would choose the arbiter., and in single player the other fella would be CPU controlled.

/has been playing a lot of GoW lately

Oh and as an incentive to play through as both characters, when you're MC you can understand humans but not covenant; when you're the arbiter you can understand covenant but not humans. Although that would be a bit of a continuity error, as in Halo2 all the covenent speak english anyway, BUT A MAN CAN WISH, CAN'T HE?

:)
  • morriss 20 Dec 2006 09:52:19 70,911 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Onny wrote:

Although that would be a bit of a continuity error, as in Halo2 all the covenent speak english anyway, BUT A MAN CAN WISH, CAN'T HE?

Well, the only reason you can understand them is because Cortana has a translation chip in your helment. If she's not around, The Master Chief wouldn't understand thing...
  • matrim83 20 Dec 2006 09:56:29 5,587 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    rotj wrote:
    morriss wrote:

Reading that, I feel a little bit easier about having to fight the Brutes as a main enemy. I'm still a little uneasy about it - would rather be facing off against Elites, but if they've made the Brutes more intelligent, it may just prove to be a much of a muchness.

Shields. For the love of god, give the brutes shields. That alone would improve combat by a factor of three.

I loathed the fact that they had a bazillion HP and just stood there in the open occasionally strafing and taking all your weapon hits.

Valar morghulis.

• Onny 20 Dec 2006 10:03:13 5,697 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    morriss wrote:
    Well, the only reason you can understand them is because Cortana has a translation chip in your helment. If she's not around, The Master Chief wouldn't understand thing...
    I'm not sure if that's true. Was she around when the chief fell into the ocean and met Gravemind and the arbiter for the first time?
  • ilmaestro 20 Dec 2006 11:17:50 32,406 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Xerx3s wrote:
    PST is GMT-8, he asked for GMT @ PSt 2am, which is what I gave him. Away with you and your wrongclock.

• Pob 20 Dec 2006 11:36:55 680 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Onny wrote:
    morriss wrote:
    I'm not sure if that's true. Was she around when the chief fell into the ocean and met Gravemind and the arbiter for the first time?

Yeah she is around at that time, but the concept is now "officially" broken anyway. I don't think Bungie really care that much :)

This is because she leaves the chief at high charity, but you still understand the general announcements you hear whilst killing things later on when the prophet is declaring, 'the flood too shall fail blah blah blah'. Also the general chatter of the covenant is still understandable.

I know where morriss is coming from though. I think the idea comes from one of the books.
  • Xerx3s 20 Dec 2006 11:42:28 23,944 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ilmaestro wrote:
    Xerx3s wrote:
    PST is GMT-8, he asked for GMT @ PSt 2am, which is what I gave him. Away with you and your wrongclock.

That still makes it 11 o'clock in UT+1. And our clocks own yours.
  • Xerx3s 20 Dec 2006 11:43:59 23,944 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    matrim83 wrote:
    rotj wrote:
    morriss wrote:

Reading that, I feel a little bit easier about having to fight the Brutes as a main enemy. I'm still a little uneasy about it - would rather be facing off against Elites, but if they've made the Brutes more intelligent, it may just prove to be a much of a muchness.

Shields. For the love of god, give the brutes shields. That alone would improve combat by a factor of three.

I loathed the fact that they had a bazillion HP and just stood there in the open occasionally strafing and taking all your weapon hits.

I think that this is where the grenade thing comes into play. Besides, they could solve it by giving them jackal shields, it wouldn't be the first time.
  • ilmaestro 20 Dec 2006 11:46:46 32,406 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    If you keep referring to the time in Unreal Tournament, I will keep on not understanding what you mean. :p

• oceanmotion 20 Dec 2006 11:58:07 15,641 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    7 minute Halo 3 documentary about Brutes.

Youtube link for those that can't wait

Animation looks to be top notch. Funny Bungie rightfully slating themselves at the start. Good on them.
  • Forebodin 20 Dec 2006 12:01:54 161 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Note: I'm aware the video doesn't feature finished graphics and/or gameplay.

Just saw the video. It's definitely worth watching, even if only for a glimpse of Halo 3 in the last couple of minutes.

Really like the new models for brutes, especially the armor. I was honestly impressed with the skirmish at the end of the video. Graphical effects were nice with the exception of the Brutes' green blood. Did note the bland environment (it looks almost like a car park), but that was probably intentional, as - no doubt - they're saving the impressive stuff for later.

One thing the video made me realize was how much I'd like to see the melee attack improved. At the moment the animation for it looks rather weak, and would be much better if they could make it appear more vicious. Also think those who receive melee attacks should animate accordingly, instead of indicating a successful attack with a mere blood effect.

I can definitely see Brutes (perhaps not the Chieftains, though) being a playable character 'in multiplayer, in that their size could seemingly allow this.

• oceanmotion 20 Dec 2006 12:03:46 15,641 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yea, I noticed the shotgun melee and thought, shite just like Halo 2 melee. Hopefully they improve that.
  • Page

of 13 First / Last