Emailing your Wii

  • Page

    of 2 First / Last

    Previous
  • wiintendo 12 Dec 2006 20:15:28 117 posts
    Registered 9 years ago
    Anyone manage to successfully email their Wii yet?
  • York 12 Dec 2006 20:16:17 8,667 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    What kind of address do you get?
  • GrayFox 12 Dec 2006 20:21:13 1,698 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    okay, This is the time when Wii fans should ask themselfs - "Is this getting silly now?"

    The answer is: "Yes".

    ;)
  • HoriZon 12 Dec 2006 20:21:39 13,526 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It works the same as Console way both have to agree to it, and you get your 16 digit number @wii.com.

    I used to be a gamer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

  • York 12 Dec 2006 20:26:19 8,667 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    GrayFox wrote:
    okay, This is the time when Wii fans should ask themselfs - "Is this getting silly now?"

    The answer is: "Yes".

    ;)
    I'm still waiting for the "do you keep it vertical or horizontal?" thread.
  • Pirotic Moderator 12 Dec 2006 20:29:56 20,646 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    York wrote:
    GrayFox wrote:
    okay, This is the time when Wii fans should ask themselfs - "Is this getting silly now?"

    The answer is: "Yes".

    ;)
    I'm still waiting for the "do you keep it vertical or horizontal?" thread.

    depends, briefs or trunks?
  • York 12 Dec 2006 20:31:24 8,667 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Pirotic wrote:
    York wrote:
    GrayFox wrote:
    okay, This is the time when Wii fans should ask themselfs - "Is this getting silly now?"

    The answer is: "Yes".

    ;)
    I'm still waiting for the "do you keep it vertical or horizontal?" thread.

    depends, briefs or trunks?
    lawl :)
  • Pirotic Moderator 12 Dec 2006 20:32:48 20,646 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I know it was obvious, but somebody had to say it ;)
  • wiintendo 12 Dec 2006 20:33:44 117 posts
    Registered 9 years ago
    GrayFox wrote:
    okay, This is the time when Wii fans should ask themselfs - "Is this getting silly now?"

    The answer is: "Yes".

    ;)

    Hold it right there - it's a genuine question. I can't seem to get it to work and I want to know if anyone has managed it.

  • MadMirko 12 Dec 2006 20:39:00 2,974 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    HoriZon wrote:
    It works the same as Console way both have to agree to it, and you get your 16 digit number @wii.com.

    Isn't it w16digitNumber@wii.com ?
  • MadMirko 12 Dec 2006 20:42:10 2,974 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    wiintendo wrote:
    Anyone manage to successfully email their Wii yet?

    First you add the email address to your Wii-address book, then you'll automatically get an invitation mail sent to that mail address.

    Then log into that mailbox and reply to the mail. Then the address and your Wii are "friends", and from then on you can send mails to / from the Wii.
  • DrCongo 12 Dec 2006 20:42:45 912 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Go to the address book in Wii and register an email account that you use (for instance your gmail address or whatever). This will cause the Wii system to send an automatic mail to that address - it might take up to an hour to arrive. When you reply to that mail, then that address will be "registered" and you'll be able to send messages to it from the Wii, and emails from it to the Wii.

    You can register any friends' "real" email addresses this way too.

    Oh, and your Wii's email address is

    w(16digitfriendcodegoeshere)@wii.com

    I haven't tried what happens if you try emailing to that address from an "unregistered" email account yet.

    Edited by DrCongo at 20:43:01 12-12-2006
  • secombe 12 Dec 2006 20:44:58 1,328 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yep all works for me, just email from your Wii to your email address, then reply to that email back to your Wii. Then it should all be registered etc.

    It's not instant, but the Wii does glow a lovely colour when it arrives!
  • wiintendo 12 Dec 2006 20:45:44 117 posts
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oh well, it's all academic now anyway - got it to work.

    It was just taking ages to wing it's way through the ether. Or, more likely, it was negotiating it's way through Nintendo's all-seeing sweary word filter.

    Thanks for all the replies :p

    ps sorry for not phrasing the question properly, I'd done everything correctly just hadn't received back the confirmation email to my Wii.

    Edited by wiintendo at 20:47:28 12-12-2006
  • Carlo 12 Dec 2006 20:45:49 17,990 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sorry guys, but can I ask why you email your console?

    /misses the point completely

    PSN ID: Djini

  • pauleyc 12 Dec 2006 20:50:23 4,447 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    360 users can read blogs written by their consoles, Wii owners sent their consoles mail. How can the PS3 possibly top this madness?
  • secombe 12 Dec 2006 21:05:09 1,328 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Carlo wrote:
    Sorry guys, but can I ask why you email your console?

    /misses the point completely

    It's not so much that we can email our own consoles, it's that any of our friends can as well, and if they have a Wii then I believe their Mii can show up in the crowd of your Wii Sports games etc.

    Probably lots more stuff possible in the future (Animal Crossing should be interesting) but for now it's all fairly basic.
  • Carlo 12 Dec 2006 21:06:52 17,990 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    secombe wrote:
    Carlo wrote:
    Sorry guys, but can I ask why you email your console?

    /misses the point completely

    It's not so much that we can email our own consoles, it's that any of our friends can as well, and if they have a Wii then I believe their Mii can show up in the crowd of your Wii Sports games etc.

    Probably lots more stuff possible in the future (Animal Crossing should be interesting) but for now it's all fairly basic.
    Thanks for filling in the blanks for me.

    PSN ID: Djini

  • Pac-man-ate-my-wife 12 Dec 2006 23:20:09 7,007 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Can you email JPEGs to yourself? I've not got my SD card yet but would like to have a crack at the Photo Channel.
  • wii.wii 13 Dec 2006 08:59:30 156 posts
    Registered 8 years ago
    Pac-man ate my wife wrote:
    Can you email JPEGs to yourself? I've not got my SD card yet but would like to have a crack at the Photo Channel.


    try www.mobymemory.com
  • Tonka 13 Dec 2006 09:56:19 20,167 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Pac-man ate my wife wrote:
    Can you email JPEGs to yourself? I've not got my SD card yet but would like to have a crack at the Photo Channel.

    Yes you can. I did it yesterday.

    If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

  • magicpanda 13 Dec 2006 10:13:24 13,327 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Wii Porn! \o/

    There, I said it.

    Edited by Magic Panda at 10:17:34 13-12-2006
  • DrCongo 13 Dec 2006 10:17:51 912 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I took a photo with my digital camera, resized it in Paint Shop Pro, tried sending it to my Wii email address. Showed up on the Wii as just a question mark. I wonder if that was because of the resizing or what.
  • jaffacake 13 Dec 2006 10:46:42 986 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    secombe wrote:
    Carlo wrote:
    Sorry guys, but can I ask why you email your console?

    /misses the point completely

    It's not so much that we can email our own consoles, it's that any of our friends can as well, and if they have a Wii then I believe their Mii can show up in the crowd of your Wii Sports games etc.

    Probably lots more stuff possible in the future (Animal Crossing should be interesting) but for now it's all fairly basic.

    Is Animal Crossing confirmed for the Wii?
  • mouse Moderator 13 Dec 2006 10:48:09 10,312 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Pretty much - Nintendo themselves have mentioned ways that AC can use WiiConnect. Besides, they'd be mad not to do one :)
  • jaffacake 13 Dec 2006 10:51:10 986 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    BTW...this feature has to be called Wiimail from now on.
  • Tonka 13 Dec 2006 12:16:50 20,167 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    DrCongo wrote:
    I took a photo with my digital camera, resized it in Paint Shop Pro, tried sending it to my Wii email address. Showed up on the Wii as just a question mark. I wonder if that was because of the resizing or what.

    I sent a small jpeg. Hey, it was my profile pic actually.
    It got streachedpretty badly though.

    If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

  • wiintendo 13 Dec 2006 21:57:24 117 posts
    Registered 9 years ago
    jaffacake wrote:
    BTW...this feature has to be called Wiimail from now on.

    oh yes \o/
  • brim4brim 13 Dec 2006 22:27:27 169 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    DrCongo wrote:
    I took a photo with my digital camera, resized it in Paint Shop Pro, tried sending it to my Wii email address. Showed up on the Wii as just a question mark. I wonder if that was because of the resizing or what.

    Probably not small enough or something stupid like that or wrong format. Like Jpg instead of JPEG or something like that.
  • BartonFink 13 Dec 2006 23:00:19 34,851 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    \o/

    I now have a nice pulsing blue light coming out of my Wii ... errr
  • Page

    of 2 First / Last

    Previous
Log in or register to reply