Resistance No blood fix and FYI

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous
  • stevo7790 7 Dec 2006 01:08:31 233 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Okie, I've been onto Insomniac, and this is the deal:

On topic it is possible to get the blood in the japanese version of the game/system simply by

1. Import the US version of the game in question (less convenient) and download a starting save from anyone in the US (super easy to get) (aka, the person turned on the game, created a save [maybe saved if necessary at first save point] and turned it off) and load that save. You should then be playing the uncensored version that US players are playing.

2. Buy the domestic JPN version (convinient)and find a starting save from SOMEONE with a US system + JPN version of game in question (this could be really hard for something like God of War; why would anyone in the US have a JPN version), load it and then play the uncensored version the US players are playing.

I haven't tried it yet, but im just about to, however if any strange things happen for any other games like this, the same remedy will fix it.
    According to Sony its to do with CERO censorship, ill see what its like to implement and report back.
  • stevo7790 7 Dec 2006 01:10:49 233 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    OOhh, does anyone with a US PS3 have a US game save of Res that they can send me via msn or what not?

• stevo7790 7 Dec 2006 04:50:46 233 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ive managed to get a US saved game from Insomniac, was sent to me as a zip file, how do i get it on the PS3 from the PC?
    I don't have a sony momory duo card, just a PSP... any ideas?
  • TripSkyway 7 Dec 2006 05:04:06 2,584 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Not got a memory card in your psp?

EDIT: Ahh is it non Sony brand?

EDIT2: Wouldn't mind giving this a crack myself if you wouldn't mind mailing me the file.

Edited by Trip SkyWay at 05:08:04 07-12-2006
  • Blerk Moderator 7 Dec 2006 09:03:18 48,225 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    How nice of Insomniac themselves to send you the stuff you need!

Blimey! +1 kudos!
  • one-eye 7 Dec 2006 09:11:37 1,221 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Oooo mines due this week with JPN Resistance also, let's share the love !

• Blerk Moderator 7 Dec 2006 09:17:41 48,225 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Thanks for that stellar contribution.
  • one-eye 7 Dec 2006 09:24:12 1,221 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    J*C wrote:
    Blerk wrote:
    Thanks for that stellar contribution.
    Your welcome blerk, the game is just average though. dont you think? not what i was expecting at all :(

Whether it is or not, is irrelevant ! This is a thread discussing how to work around the blood issue !

If it's of no interest you can avoid posting if you so wish ! :p
  • one-eye 7 Dec 2006 09:36:25 1,221 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    :)

Mate just telling you as it is, no sense in de-railing a thread unless its entirely necessary ;)

• dudewheresmybrain 7 Dec 2006 10:24:53 669 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    if anyone has a jap save from a us system id appriciate it, email is in profile :D
  • uiruki 7 Dec 2006 13:06:47 3,708 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Could somebody with this save perhaps upload it to one of the free file services? I think putfile.com has zip support, for example. As soon as you have the file on a device connected to the ps3, if it's the same as in the other direction then go to game/game save util, select the device, highlight the save and copy it across. I think you use the triangle button menu, I can't check as i'm not at home. Thanks!
  • stevo7790 7 Dec 2006 17:45:56 233 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Trip:

Ive just emailed you the file via hotmail.

I'm having difficulty getting the game from my PSP to the PS3, it can't find the save file.

On the PSP it comes up as a corrupt file, even though it isnt.

Disc:

I have a duo card but its made by sandisk and therefore doesnt fit in the ps3, even though it fits in the psp.

Anyone got any ideas?

There is a PS3 server called Red Kawa, that can supposedly let you transfer files from your PC to PS3, but im yet to figure out how to get it to work.
  • stevo7790 7 Dec 2006 18:02:39 233 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ok, it works, to my delight :D

If anyone is in the same position as me with only a PSP and a sandisk duo card, here is what to do.

Start up Resistance and make a saved game.

Copy this saved game to your PSP via the USB, or wireless.

You will now notice that when you browse your PSP on the PC in the main Folder you now have a PS3 folder and in there is the saved game you just made.
    Once you have obtained the saved game that you need, simply overwrite the data in the save file with the one you have just got. ( hope that makes sense )
    Now simply plug the PSP back into the PS3 go to game/ game save utility and copy the file over using the triange button, again allow it to overwrite the existing data and your all sorted.

Thanks goes to uiruki for explaining how to get the file from one to the other.

Hope this helps :D
  • dudewheresmybrain 9 Dec 2006 01:47:22 669 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    if anyone has a jap save from a us machine id really appriciate it
  • uiruki 10 Dec 2006 05:19:32 3,708 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I found a file here, simply copy it to a PS3/GAME directory on a memory stick then copy it through the game save utility:

http://rapidshare.com/files/6045181/BCJS30003_PROFILE.ZIP.html
  • TripSkyway 11 Dec 2006 13:52:10 2,584 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Thanks for the files and info guys :)
  • jamesy 16 Dec 2006 03:02:28 1 posts
    Registered 8 years ago
    hi, ive got a JPN ps3 with US resistance. anyone got a save file i could use? cheers
  • CODEGURU 16 Dec 2006 23:17:00 1 posts
    Registered 8 years ago
    SgtFrog wrote:
    I have gotten a file from Insomniac forums and loaded that in the way I described, it works and there is now blood in reddy brown splashes lol If anyone wants the file then just ask.
    hi mate could u email me the resistance save file and how 2 do it 2 word.life.2005 @gmail.com no space tho lol
    thanks

Edited by CODEGURU at 23:17:28 16-12-2006
  • banger 18 Dec 2006 16:15:01 183 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hey my US copy of resistance just turned up and I cant get online!!! Does anyone else have this problem? I have a Hong Kong PS3 and US copy of Resistance.
  • stevo7790 18 Dec 2006 16:47:54 233 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    banger:

Sorry to have almost appeared to correct you in another thread... I didn't realise you'd posted in here.

Ok, can you get online with the HK PS3?

Also try to set up another account, make it a US based one and see if it works that way, let me know if you can't and i'll look into it for you.

regards

Steven
  • banger 18 Dec 2006 17:03:55 183 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hi Stevo,
    I have done an american account and can get online for downloads etc but I cannot get into Resistance online! I have searched several forums and it's a common problem.

I found this posted by someone from insomniac

The main reason why there is any kind of region-based behavior in R:FOM online is that in order to reduce lag the game is set up to connect to the closest server to where you would normally be physically located. It is also the case that Sony prefers to have you connect to a server in your home country because they are not really set up yet to do worldwide customer support and online games require significant customer support. So what was decided is your console's hardware code would be the best marker of what server you were "supposed" to be connecting to. Since the game is a universal worldwide build, it should (and pretty much does) play the same on a given PS3 regardless of which country the disc is from. Once again though what matters is where the PS3 came from, and there are definitely some specific changes we had to make for each region. Now where this all fell apart was in the case of Hong Kong and Taiwanese consoles. We were originally informed that no such consoles would exist and that our game should not choose a server if played on one of those consoles. So in the case of the Taiwanese PS3, you will have to wait for the Korean or "Asian" build of the game (which we're told is coming Dec 7th), because that build was made later and includes the most recent code that tells it what server it should connect to on your console. What I am also telling you is that your console's "native" server is going to be in Korea. I'm sorry that this wasn't made more clear by Sony, especially given their many comments about region-free PS3 games. However, we have recognized that a fair number of people have been caught up in this issue and overall we would like to make it possible for players to connect across the world. However we can't yet make any promises about when or if we'd be able to provide anything like that.

So thats a bit of a disaster it looks like only the asian version of the game will work on HK or asian PS3's!
  • stevo7790 18 Dec 2006 18:12:33 233 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    banger:

Sell your HK one on ebay and buy a US one!!
  • banger 18 Dec 2006 18:25:56 183 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I would prefer to sell my US game and buy the asian version to be honest! But I might just keep the us version as insomniac have stated they are working towards a world server which would solve the problem. I hope this is just a fault with this game but it does make you realise microsoft are years ahead when it comes to online gaming!
  • stevo7790 19 Dec 2006 00:12:36 233 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well microsoft have had a year to make it as good as it is, no doubt given time, and if sony actually focus on the online part then itll be hopefully just as good.
    I hope that by the time the PS3's come out in europe that somesort of wordwide set up will be already implemented, itd suck just playing EUR players...
  • martinthemonkey 25 Jan 2007 15:20:35 431 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    banger wrote:
    I would prefer to sell my US game and buy the asian version to be honest! But I might just keep the us version as insomniac have stated they are working towards a world server which would solve the problem. I hope this is just a fault with this game but it does make you realise microsoft are years ahead when it comes to online gaming!

It's working now banger as I was online (JP machine) with a US Resistance last night.
  • superman-walshy 27 Jan 2007 16:36:53 77 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This is the only silly part of the PS3. Why have parental control if it does not alter anything on the game.

Unless I am missing something? I get hit, I see blood. That's it? Is that all there is meant to be on this game?

I.e. when I kill things there is no blood at all. The game does stay it contain strong gore and blood?

I guess this is what the thread is about. I have a Jap console and US version of the game. Any ideas how to make it gory? The link on this thread doesn't work? If it did could I transfer it to the PS3 via USB flash drive?
  • stevo7790 27 Jan 2007 16:45:16 233 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    you should have blood already i think mate
  • superman-walshy 27 Jan 2007 16:55:07 77 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    stevo7790 wrote:
    you should have blood already i think mate

That's what I thought. Maybe you could help clarify.

By blood do we just mean when you take a hit you see blood?

Or when you shot something blood comes out of the enemy.
  • Scimarad 27 Jan 2007 17:04:45 8,567 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    There is definitely a bit of blood when you kill some enemies, usually splattered on the scenery - It's hardly wall to wall gore, though.

Edited by Scimarad at 17:05:15 27-01-2007
  • superman-walshy 27 Jan 2007 17:07:28 77 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Scimarad wrote:
    There is definitely a bit of blood when you kill some enemies, usually splattered on the scenery - It's hardly wall to wall gore, though.

Edited by Scimarad at 17:05:15 27-01-2007

Ahhh thanks. Wont be so dis-heartend then. I expected that once I killed an alian I could go up to them and pop a few caps in their face and see it mash up and stuff................I should get out more and not be so expecting of HD gaming!!
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous