• Page

of 52 First / Last

Next
  • Bremenacht 6 Jul 2014 00:23:43 19,663 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ChiefGB wrote:
    I heard that this one is likely to be the shortest of the lot
    Hope so. I was rather expecting it to be long and probably dull, although I can't see how it can be as dull as #2.
  • Mola_Ram 6 Jul 2014 02:05:18 8,271 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    jimnastics wrote:
    Sometimes I think it's easy to get in to comic book guy mode if you are too involved or invested in something, which I'll be honest comes across a lot in many posts in this thread.
    A lot of the comments appear to be of the "it was too long and boring" variety, which applies whether you've read the book or not. And in any case, why is it up to you to decide whether someone is "too involved or invested" in something? People are fans of the book, and want the films to reflect what they liked about it. What's wrong with that?
  • M83J01P97 6 Jul 2014 08:23:24 6,710 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think the main problem a lot of people have with Peter Jacksons: The Hobbit is that he's taken the original, and much beloved story, and adding a lot of unessicsary extras to it, some of which wasn't in any of the Middle Earth set books at all.

At least with his LOTR trilogy the films were mostly faithful to the source material give or take.
  • Grax 6 Jul 2014 08:31:39 2,296 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Well he needs to do something to split one book into three movies!!!! If my memory is correct it isnt even as long as one of the lotr books
  • ecu 6 Jul 2014 08:56:46 77,313 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's a really short book, you can read the whole thing in a weekend no problem. It could have been done in one film but I'd have been happy with two. Three is stretching it too much.
  • beastmaster 5 Aug 2014 12:56:16 11,986 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug Extended Edition Blu-ray

An extra 25 minutes which takes it to 186 minutes.

Why? Was to it too boring for the theatrical cut?

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Page

of 52 First / Last

Next