Seen 38 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Post deleted
  • DUFFMAN5 10 May 2011 17:01:03 14,657 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Murbal wrote:
    cianchristopher wrote:
    Anyone know of the likelihood of the DLC (all five) being reduced from 800 points apiece to 400 points apiece in an Xbox Live sale?

I'd plump for all five for 2000 points if it were possible, but not for 4000.

Pm me your address - you look trust worthy enough to borrow my GOTY disc to install; already did the same with Duffman.

Twice if I remeber correctly you lovely man ;)

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Deleted user 13 May 2011 16:00:10
    Just a heads up for GFWL PC FO3 players - 50% sale is apparently running on the core game and all the DLC packs:

This week witnesses a nuclear apocalypse as Fallout 3 and its add-ons are discounted by 50%. As a LIVE enabled game, it does carry achievements.

Fallout 3 (PC) - $19.99 / £14.99 $9.99 / £7.49
    Vault-Tec engineers have worked around the clock on an interactive reproduction of Wasteland life for you to enjoy from the comfort of your own vault. Fallout 3 includes an expansive world, unique combat, shockingly realistic visuals, tons of player choice, and an incredible cast of dynamic characters. Every minute is a fight for survival against the terrors of the outside world – radiation, Super Mutants, and hostile mutated creatures. From Vault-Tec®, America’s First Choice in Post-Nuclear Simulation™. Download Link: http://www.gamesforwindows.com/Games/Fallout-3/

Broken Steel $9.99 / £6.75 $4.99 / £3.37
    You may have dealt the Enclave a serious blow at Project Purity, but their forces are still out there, and still pose a grave threat to the people and security of the Capital Wasteland. In Broken Steel, you’ll continue your current Fallout 3 character past the events of Project Purity, and work with the Brotherhood of Steel to eradicate the Enclave threat once and for all. You’ll travel to new locations like the Olney Powerworks, wield destructive new weapons like the Tesla Cannon, fight powerful new creatures like the Super Mutant Overlord, marvel at the destructive power of Liberty Prime, earn new Perks like the devastating Nuclear Anomaly… and play Fallout 3 all the way to level 30! Download Link: http://www.gamesforwindows.com/Games/Fallout-3/Broken-Steel/

Mothership Zeta £6.75 £3.37 - still at the full price of $9.99 in North America
    A strange Alien signal is being broadcast throughout the Capital Wasteland, originating from a crashed UFO. Is it a distress call, or something far more sinister? That question is answered when you find yourself beamed aboard an enormous Alien spacecraft, with only one alternative – to fight your way to the bridge of the ship and secure your escape. Mothership Zeta takes Fallout 3 in an entirely new direction – outer space. Meet new characters and join with them in a desperate bid to escape the Aliens’ clutches. To do so, you’ll wield powerful new weapons, like the Alien Atomizer, Alien Disintegrator and Drone Cannon, and deck yourself out in brand new outfits, like the Gemini-Era Spacesuit and even Samurai Armor. Download Link: http://www.gamesforwindows.com/Games/Fallout-3/Mothership-Ze...

Operation: Anchorage $9.99 / £6.75 $4.99 / £3.37
    Enter the simulation pod and embark on one of the greatest military campaigns of the Fallout universe – the liberation of Anchorage, Alaska from its Chinese Communist invaders. Experience harrowing winter combat using Fallout 3’s patented V.A.T.S. targeting system, and employ powerful new equipment like the Gauss Rifle, Chinese Stealth Armor, Winterized T-51b Power Armor, and more. Enlist today, soldier! Download Link: http://www.gamesforwindows.com/Games/Fallout-3/Operation--An...

Point Lookout $9.99 / £6.75 $4.99 / £3.37
    Buy a ticket and hop onboard the Duchess Gambit, as Tobar the Ferryman takes you to the strange seaside town of Point Lookout. What secrets does the dilapidated boardwalk hold? Who lives in the sprawling mansion? Why is the Punga Fruit so important? And what horrors lie in the depths of the murky swamp? Point Lookout is the most open-ended DLC yet, and allows you to explore an entirely new and expansive gameplay area any way you’d like. A completely new questline allows you uncover the town’s hidden secrets, and wield powerful new weapons like the Double-Barrel Shotgun against the swamp’s dangerous, and deformed, denizens. So venture to Point Lookout, if you dare. Just pray it’s not a one-way trip. Download Link: http://www.gamesforwindows.com/Games/Fallout-3/Point-Lookout...

The Pitt $9.99 / £6.75 $4.99 / £3.37
    Pittsburgh was once the industrial center of the pre-war world. The city was spared the horrors of nuclear fire, only to have its people infected by a nightmare plague of disease, infection, and mutation. Travel to the ruins of this industrial city, now called The Pitt, and discover a secret that could send shockwaves through the entire Wasteland. Battle vicious mutated Trogs, employ deadly new weapons like the AutoAxe and Infiltrator silenced assault rifle, and decide the fate of the infected slaves and slavers that call this city home. Only you can find the cure – but will you have the guts to use it? Download Link: http://www.gamesforwindows.com/Games/Fallout-3/The-Pitt/

Source
  • DUFFMAN5 20 May 2011 08:41:57 14,657 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    After 92 hours of wondering the wastelands I finally completed the nuke cola challenge! last night

I had not read any guides so didn't save any of the premium bottles, oh well a great relief to have done it...once I handed over the bottle I killed her of course.

• DUFFMAN5 21 May 2011 08:15:16 14,657 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    After 92 hours of wondering the wastelands I finally completed the nuke cola challenge! last night

I had not read any guides so didn't save any of the premium bottles, oh well a great relief to have done it...once I handed over the bottle I killed her of course.

Those poppy seeds are a bit trippy ;) I thought all the BH's were too good to be true.

• Deleted user 21 May 2011 08:21:50
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    ...once I handed over the bottle I killed her of course.

Hehe, I did the same :)

It's great fun wandering around isn't it?
  • DUFFMAN5 24 May 2011 13:55:30 14,657 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    And I'm spent ;)

Last night, well 02:20 this morning I completed Broken Steel, so that is all 5 dlc + main game of course completed. 105 hours were give or take a few (the last 3 of so!) awesome. I have loved nearly every minute of this wonderful game.

I did get massively pissed off with BS, I could not find a way to the presidents metro even sending snakehips a plea for help. In the end I had to youtube it
    fucking manhole cover, was not even mentioned in 3 walkthroughs I looked at :(
    The only thing I didn't get on with from the getgo and infact it nearly made me put the game away on a number of occasions was the Metro system, why does it not track you the same was as above land ?

I amassed 1260 gamer-points and it is unlikely I will ever get the full set*, but I'm ok with that. I do need a break from the wastelands now, I may return at some point, but it is more than likely to be FNV...next year.

*although I could find the BH's (only found 6!) and the 5 behemoths I suppose, oh and make one of all the weapons...

• Deleted user 24 May 2011 14:02:24
    Just read your msg dude - glad you found it on youtube

Some of the bobbleheads are bitches to find. They do make a nice feature in your house though ;)
  • cianchristopher 7 Jun 2011 17:01:16 6,360 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I spent some time with this on Saturday and Sunday, and i really enjoyed it. I find the open-world aspect to be more engaging than the "closed-off, seperate levels"-style of BioWare RPGs and The Witcher and its sequel.

One question, did the framerate always stutter like this? It's not quite how I remembered it, though it's so long since I've spent time with the game that I may have forgotten.

I'm playing on Xbox 360, it's the Games on Demand version. I've cleared the cache from the HDD, and it just stutters occasionally while out wandering. It's just a one-or-two second pause. I didn't think it did that, and it's not really affecting my enjoyment.

Maybe it's all that time I've spent PC gaming over the last two years - I seem to have become hyper-sensitive to things like this, whereas before I'd never notice.
  • Flying_Pig 7 Jun 2011 17:12:56 10,973 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Can't speak for the 360 version, but the PS3 one does suffer from occasional slowdown.

The DLC packs are much worse for that than the main game as well...
  • LawrenceArms 8 Jun 2011 01:56:00 1,475 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Regarding the proposed Fallout Online it appears it may be in big trouble as once again Interplay have gone into financial freefall.. Perhaps it would be a good idea to sell the rights to Bethesda (prays)
  • Flying_Pig 13 Jun 2011 15:56:42 10,973 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Only 65hours!? Lightweight ;)
  • Deleted user 13 June 2011 16:01:29
    i have to admit i prefer fallout 3 to fallout NV. although i like the addition of hardcore mode in NV. i hope they add a hardcore mode in skyrim. :)
  • DUFFMAN5 13 Jun 2011 16:22:14 14,657 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Re spoilers, I agree great, just like the "dream" in MGS3

• Red_Bool 28 Jul 2011 08:48:31 1,173 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Really enjoying this atm...Never really considered playing this (especially after not really liking Oblivion), but after seeing the GOTY version real cheap I decided to have a go. Glad I did :-) One thing this game teaches you quite fast though is to save often! This does give you a good sense of your vulnerability and in turn heightens the tension (which is good). Very nice!
  • rudedudejude 28 Jul 2011 09:23:52 2,170 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm up to 70 hours, finished the main story and just finished broken steel. Just popped level 30 last night. not sure if I will pick anymore dlc up, bought new vegas the other day so will be trying that out soon :)
  • ModishNouns 28 Jul 2011 09:48:30 4,655 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Adam_T wrote:
    I'm up to 70 hours, finished the main story and just finished broken steel. Just popped level 30 last night. not sure if I will pick anymore dlc up, bought new vegas the other day so will be trying that out soon :)

Point Lookout is worth it. New Vegas, on the other hand, will be a let down after 3.
  • Flying_Pig 28 Jul 2011 10:30:56 10,973 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Agree on PL.

I wouldn't say NV is a let down after FO3, but I think the newer game does anything better than FO3, and in some areas just isn't as good.

Still a great game though!
  • fletch7100 28 Jul 2011 10:39:17 7,308 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just got this(GOTY edition) again as well. Decided to delete all my saves and start afresh.
  • Deleted user 28 July 2011 12:50:08
    Over the last few months I've been slowly making my way through this again, this time being more honest with my actions. First time around I was stuck in "hero" mode.

Disappointingly, I wasn't able to finish "You Gotta Shoot 'Em In The Head" the way I wanted, by accepting Tenpenny's counter-offer to assassinate Crowley. For some reason the option to claim my reward for doing just that never appeared.
  • Madder-Max 28 Jul 2011 13:13:39 11,648 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I like hacking the head and limbs off traders (non caravan), nicking their stuff and then piling their bodyparts on those barrel fires with the head on top. It does take some skill.

99 problems and being ginger is one

• rudedudejude 28 Jul 2011 13:48:46 2,170 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yep I am thinking NV doesn't seems as awesome as the wasteland in FO3 only after a few hours play. It feels a bit more like GTA compared to the storyline of FO3 but I'm liking the faction stuff, quite cool. Will soldier on :)

I was not sure about Point Lookout, it looked a bit like a marshland adventure more than Fallout. This big attraction for me is wandering around the eerily quiet cities and buildings, totally awesome and quite chilling. I don't think countryside would interest me, I played all the Elder scrolls a lot and don't want to end up emulating that kind of gameplay.
  • stryker1121 28 Jul 2011 14:29:31 691 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Adam_T: I thought I would feel the same way as you about PL, but it really is a good piece of DLC. Good story and fairly challenging combat-wise even if your character is skilled up to 30 and beyond. There is some wandering of the countryside, but the environment is still varied enough to be interesting. I'd give it a go if were u, just sayin.
  • Flying_Pig 28 Jul 2011 15:51:22 10,973 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yep - Point Lookout is certainly not deserted - in fact it's quite densely packed with locations etc. I would whole-heartedly recommend PL to any Fallout 3 fan.
  • _Price_ 28 Jul 2011 16:12:05 3,074 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Adam_T wrote:
    This big attraction for me is wandering around the eerily quiet cities and buildings, totally awesome and quite chilling.

PL is often just as good in the ohgodohgodohgodwhatthehellisthatcreapingthroughtheshadowsbreathingheavily?! stakes as some of the best moments in the wasteland / DC ruins. Even more so in some cases as without a careful / higher level build you feel even more vulnerable in the swamps.

Add to that a few good set pieces as well as a host of new characters and you've got DLC that was actually worth the original asking price for once.
  • Psychotext 28 Jul 2011 16:49:04 54,157 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Question... I haven't bought NV yet and I'm wondering if anyone thinks that at some point a (hopefully less buggy) "complete" version will come out with the DLC?

I would have figured a game of the year edition at some point, except... well... :D
  • Spin_Dr_Wolf 28 Jul 2011 16:52:08 6,170 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I would guess that there is a good chance of a 'complete' edition with all the dlc. It would however be madness to theorise that it would therefore be less buggy. If anything it would probably be worse.
  • Page

of 396 First / Last