Have I Got News For You

• Page

of 13 First / Last

Previous
  • Tomo 14 Oct 2006 14:50:20 13,841 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Surprised there's not a thread about this... or is there?

Anyway, I went to the live recording of the new series on Thursday and missed the actual episode last night :/

Anyway of getting it other than uknova or would someone be kind enough to host it for me from there? Pretty please! I really rather need it :x
  • Tomo 14 Oct 2006 15:03:45 13,841 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Arf. That's leaving it late for what I need, but that may well have to do. Thanks tho, I was wondering when it was.
  • mr_steve100 14 Oct 2006 19:59:41 1,238 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Tomo, did you get a free meal from Ramsey at his restaurant, then?

:)
  • Deleted user 14 October 2006 20:11:44
    I did Saturday Cooks this morning and it's fair to say that AWT was rather enjoying Mr Ramsay's plight. Someone I know who was working on HIGNFY itself said that Ramsay called Paul a rather nasty word not long into the recording and from that point on the gloves were off. I haven't seen the show but I gather the edit has stitched him up royally - he's not a very good reader, I gather...?
  • generica 14 Oct 2006 20:14:29 4,273 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ian got him out of it by saying that Gordan promised in the way that new labour promise - an aspiration, or a lie.
  • Dirtbox 14 Oct 2006 20:15:44 76,340 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Try bt-chat.com, they often have a lot of UK shows.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• Tomo 14 Oct 2006 21:10:04 13,841 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I haven't seen the the program yet, but I can tell you that there was certainly an atmosphere in the studio.

Owen - Gordon did indeed call Paul Merton a "cunt" probably about 30 minutes into the 90 minute shoot. That was certainly the turning point. Basically, Paul Merton kept interrupting him whilst he was about to talk to camera and after several of these the C-Word was introduced.

I really like Ramsey, but my opinion of him did go down a bit after seeing him there. He was very nervous, constantly thanking the audience for its support, but he was a bit hypocritical for me. Considering he is such a hard arse in the kitchen, he should have taken the constant ribbing he got on the chin because it's what they always do on HIGNFY (especially Merton).

There was one moment when Gordon insulted Merton by saying something along the lines of: "You're clearly not that good Paul, otherwise you'd be sitting in the seat where I am tonight" and Paul seemed slightly offended by that. But, he's far too sharp to let it affect him and from that moment on Merton absolutely 0wnz0r3d Ramsey. Pretty much every single joke was fired at him and he couldn't hack it. Even that Daily Politics bloke was firing on all cylinders persistently referring to Jamie Oliver, with the backing of Merton. When we all came out of the studio, me and a friend agreed we wouldn't have been surprised if Gordon got up and lumped Paul or something.

As for the free meal, Hehe. Gordon actually said at the start of the show off camera that if he made six mistakes he'd make us all guests a Claridges for a meal and wine. Before he'd even introduced everybody he'd made five. They recorded him saying it right at the end because he made about fifty mistakes in total so the program probably wouldn't have made sense without it!

I've got my HIGNFY ticket still and I'm going to ring up Claridges and see if I can take him up on the offer, for sure. I'll let you know how I get on!
  • Deleted user 14 October 2006 21:15:02
    Tomo wrote stuff:
    Sounds like fun! Always liked a good HIGNFY roasting (no, not that kind), especially when it's somewhat deserved! Reminds me of the time that Gail Porter went on Never Mind The Buzzcocks (which wasn't necessarily deserved, but it was vaguely amusing. I mean how can you actually be offened by Mark Lamarr?!?).

Out of interest, how'd you compare the edited show to the live performance - do they cut out a whole load of crap or is it all that good?

Edited by disussedgenius at 21:16:48 14-10-2006
  • Tomo 14 Oct 2006 21:18:18 13,841 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    That's what I'm waiting to see. But with other shows I've been to they cut out a lot of bad and a lot of good. I love going tho. It's basically similar to going to see a stand up comedian, only it's free! Also great seeing the whole filming process going on, if you're interested in that kind of thing obviously.
  • Deleted user 14 October 2006 21:24:36
    Very interested in that kind of thing actually! Hat-Trick is one of the places I might spam with my showreel DVD when I get round to making it.

QI seems like another one that'd be a good live show. How did you get the tickets by the way, they're free aren't they?
  • Tomo 14 Oct 2006 21:50:57 13,841 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, QI would be a good one. I didn't get the HIGNFY tickets personally, but I think if you go on to the HatTrick website, they tell you when they are going to be released. It's then a case of waiting till they are released and being quick before they get snapped up instantly.

Hattrick are giving out Room 101 tickets on Wednesday I believe. Been to it once and was alright. Phil Collins whom I'm not so bothered about.
  • Tomo 14 Oct 2006 21:51:01 13,841 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Deleted user 14 October 2006 21:55:00
    The trouble with 101 is that it depends who's on as the show is pretty much build round them. QI or HIGNFY have very few clangers. Well, QI would be a safe bet and HIGNFY would be if those spineless fuck-wits would swallow their pride and get Angus Deyton back.
  • nick303 14 Oct 2006 23:52:07 1,526 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    disussedgenius wrote:
    Tomo wrote stuff:
    Sounds like fun! Always liked a good HIGNFY roasting (no, not that kind), especially when it's somewhat deserved! Reminds me of the time that Gail Porter went on Never Mind The Buzzcocks (which wasn't necessarily deserved, but it was vaguely amusing.

Edited by disussedgenius at 21:16:48 14-10-2006

The Roasting Sophie Ellis bextor got on Buzzcocks was another highlight of that series. And that time it was deserved :)

Roastings are always good on shows like that - Paula Yates on HIGNFY with 'You're the sperm of the devil' to Hislop was a highly amusing moment :D
  • Tomo 14 Oct 2006 23:56:40 13,841 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Pete Burns on Buzzcocks is one of the best I've seen. Not so much a roasting tho, more of a Lamarr mickey-taking fest.
  • Deleted user 15 October 2006 00:00:32
    nick303 wrote:
    The Roasting Sophie Ellis bextor got on Buzzcocks was another highlight of that series. And that time it was deserved :)

Roastings are always good on shows like that - Paula Yates on HIGNFY with 'You're the sperm of the devil' to Hislop was a highly amusing moment :D
    Isn't Simon Amstell the new presenter? He might be half-way qualified to replace Lamarr, Popworld was probably the best music show ever. The look on Snoop-Dogg's face when Simon asked him if he wanted some cheese from his pocket at some awards red carpet thing was priceless.

The Piers Morgan roasting on HIGNFY was top drawer as well.
  • nick303 15 Oct 2006 00:01:44 1,526 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Tomo wrote:
    Pete Burns on Buzzcocks is one of the best I've seen. Not so much a roasting tho, more of a Lamarr mickey-taking fest.

How could i forget that one. And DJ Sammy who just couldn't stop saying flip the mole!
  • Tomo 15 Oct 2006 00:14:11 13,841 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Simon Amstell is hosting it, yes. He did a guest one last series too and was absolutely brilliant. It's a great choice altho I enjoyed the guest presenting.
  • nick303 15 Oct 2006 00:28:34 1,526 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Although that could be very hit or miss. I thought Boris Johnson was pretty good.
  • Deleted user 15 October 2006 00:47:38
    Tomo wrote:
    Simon Amstell is hosting it, yes. He did a guest one last series too and was absolutely brilliant. It's a great choice altho I enjoyed the guest presenting.
    Trouble is that tese types of shows are great because they're so consistantly brilliant. Now HIGNFY changes it's comedic style every week it just isn't up there with the Angus seasons (can't think of a guest presenter that was better than him). Same with Buzzcocks - Lamarr's vitriol made that programme week in, week out. Bring in some numpty every week and it becomes missable tv.
  • Deleted user 15 October 2006 10:56:26
    Absolutely, but they didn't have Angus' deadpan delivery. The way the lines were written for him was fantastic (just checking briefly on Wiki: "Good evening and welcome to Have I Got News for You, the show that's done for Friday and Saturday nights what ten pints of lager does for Sunday mornings." is an as good example as any).

But the newsreaders they get in don't have the comic timing/delivery and Clunes/Armstrong don't have that 'newsreader' feel to them. It's really noticable in the "In the news this week..." bits.
  • Tomo 15 Oct 2006 14:22:16 13,841 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I agree that the original presenters are still the best, but with the guests it's certainly not missable. The shows are still excellent, Buzzcocks more so in my view.
  • Lukus 15 Oct 2006 15:04:12 18,955 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Buzzcocks is ok, but the recent adverts remined me of something; how much I can't stand Phil Jupitus. Does anyone actually find him funny. If so how?

Paintings & Photographs

• Tomo 15 Oct 2006 16:10:20 13,841 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Me. I think he's great.
  • Deleted user 15 October 2006 16:14:19
    /raises hand

He's pretty amusing, not bad on QI either.
  • Lukus 15 Oct 2006 23:41:11 18,955 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm shocked AND disappointed.

Paintings & Photographs

• Deleted user 16 October 2006 22:29:37
    I wasn't really clear what people were going on about the other night about Gordon Ramsay on this, but watching the repeat tonight I see what you mean...absolute zero tolerance for the chatting about other chefs, isn't there?
  • nick303 16 Oct 2006 23:06:17 1,526 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    By the way, i forgot to ask Tomo, how does one go about geeting tickets for something like HIGNFY, QI or Buzzcocks? I understand you have to register or apply for them but who with?
  • Deleted user 16 October 2006 23:12:04
    Check his post further up the thread. :)
  • nick303 16 Oct 2006 23:14:36 1,526 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    About Hattrick? Ahhh i was being lazy and wondering if there was a website that gives you a list of shows :)
  • Page

of 13 First / Last

Previous