Max Payne 3 Official Thread of Slow Motion Awesomeness Page 45

• Page

of 48 First / Last

• frugtkompot 9 Dec 2012 09:21:30 2,819 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah, that's true. In general he feels very weighty and unresponsive at times - like there are too many occasions where you're waiting for some kind of animation to finish before regaining control of him.

It is a shame because it takes away for gunplay that can at times feel amazingly satisfying and completely in control. Nothing beats the feeling of having dived through air to take out a dozen guys - then get in cover and paralyze for the last guy in the room to kill you easily ... :)
  • Lexx87 9 Dec 2012 11:23:35 20,869 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    On PC I get stuck on cover, it's the only bug i've found but it is fucking irritating.

Speak the truth hussy!

• Armoured_Bear 10 Jan 2013 22:43:23 10,274 posts
    Seen 53 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I played the first hour or so of this on PC tonight, looks lovely and feels right compared with my memory of the first 2 games.

The presentation is superb but that stupid effect they have in all the cut scenes so far makes me feel nauseous and annoys the shit out of me, please tell me it isn't like that all the way through.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• CharlieStCloud 10 Jan 2013 22:50:03 5,058 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    ... but that stupid effect ...
    Um, pardon me for asking, but what 'stupid effect'?
  • Deleted user 10 January 2013 22:51:16
    It isn't stupid but fyi it is used far less later on.
  • Armoured_Bear 10 Jan 2013 22:56:43 10,274 posts
    Seen 53 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    ... but that stupid effect ...
    Um, pardon me for asking, but what 'stupid effect'?
    The seeing double effect.

See it at 0:32 here

• Armoured_Bear 10 Jan 2013 22:57:14 10,274 posts
    Seen 53 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Pepsipop wrote:
    It isn't stupid but fyi it is used far less later on.
    Thanks for the information but IMO it's stupid in it's initial overuse.

• CharlieStCloud 10 Jan 2013 23:00:39 5,058 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:

That's because of his drinking problem at the beginning of his story ... it shall soon drift away later on, once you reach New York.
  • Armoured_Bear 10 Jan 2013 23:02:42 10,274 posts
    Seen 53 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:

That's because of his drinking problem at the beginning of his story ... it shall soon drift away later on, once you reach New York.
    ok, cheers.

• Lexx87 10 Jan 2013 23:03:39 20,869 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Nah, it's all the way through mostly :D

I liked it.

Speak the truth hussy!

• Deleted user 10 January 2013 23:04:16
    Love it, need to start my fourth playthrough.
  • Armoured_Bear 10 Jan 2013 23:11:09 10,274 posts
    Seen 53 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Lexx87 wrote:
    Nah, it's all the way through mostly :D

I liked it.
    Fuck

• CharlieStCloud 10 Jan 2013 23:19:59 5,058 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Nah, it isn't!

Swear they are decreased later on, but, you know ... maybe I am wrong Mr. Bear, sorry.

The game is too tricky-wicky on anything above the lowest difficulty mode for me ...

... : (
  • frugtkompot 17 Jan 2013 20:33:38 2,819 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Hmm... I was positive in the beginning, but this game is turning on me.

I don't recall playing any other game this generation with this many cheap deaths and unnecessary repetition (because of so many almost instant deaths).

It's truly a shame, because there are good moments here. But they are far and few between. There are simply too many bad moments too. I've also come to realise that there isn't a lot of good level design here. The environments are different perhaps, but it's just a shooting gallery in disguise.

Shame. Can't remember the last time I've been this dissapointed by a game. What's even worse is that I just discovered that there are 14 chapters. I was happy to reach chapter 10 and be done with it, but I guess the worst parts are still to come.
  • WoodenSpoon 17 Jan 2013 20:45:51 12,275 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    frugtkompot wrote:
    I don't recall playing any other game this generation with this many cheap deaths and unnecessary repetition (because of so many almost instant deaths).
    Don't play Dark Souls.
  • waggy79 17 Jan 2013 20:54:55 915 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I hated this on hard, very cheap in places. Only did it to unlock the harder modes(!) but on medium it's much more enjoyable. Not too easy but you can still enjoy the slo-mo diving goodness.
  • frugtkompot 18 Jan 2013 09:34:07 2,819 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    WoodenSpoon wrote:
    frugtkompot wrote:
    Don't play Dark Souls.
    Gave up on Dark Souls after getting frustrated with the first level :) I acknowledge that some people play for a genuine challenge. I'm more interested in an engrossing experience. We're all different that way, I suppose.

I'm playing Max Payne 3 on normal. Think I'll consider putting it down on easy for the remainder, because it's fun enough when things aren't being cheap. I hope they take this shooting formula, works a little on movement and integrate some of the best aspects in GTA V.

It would be even better if the environments wasn't so confined. You can do a lot of awesome jumps and slow-mo moves, but most of them are directly into a wall.
  • kinky_mong 18 Jan 2013 12:06:17 9,958 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    WoodenSpoon wrote:
    frugtkompot wrote:
    Don't play Dark Souls.
    Dark Souls doesn't have cheap deaths. It has "you got cocky and thought you could be complacent, so take this, fool!" deaths.

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• Rusty_M 18 Jan 2013 12:10:52 4,579 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    WoodenSpoon wrote:
    frugtkompot wrote:
    Don't play Dark Souls.
    Dark Souls doesn't have cheap deaths. It has "you got cocky and thought you could be complacent, so take this, fool!" deaths.
    I don't know. My Havel death was cheap/unlucky. Walked through a door, shield up, and the blow came from the side. Camera hadnt even seen inside.

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• WoodenSpoon 18 Jan 2013 15:23:35 12,275 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    WoodenSpoon wrote:
    frugtkompot wrote:
    Don't play Dark Souls.
    Jesus Christ how can people actually believe this?
  • RedSparrows 18 Jan 2013 15:25:55 22,031 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've not played Dark Souls, but the way some people go on it's like God or something.

I'm not sure why I still haven't played it!
  • kinky_mong 18 Jan 2013 15:39:16 9,958 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    WoodenSpoon wrote:
    kinky_mong wrote:
    WoodenSpoon wrote:
    frugtkompot wrote:
    Don't play Dark Souls.
    By playing it for a few hours perhaps?

• DUFFKING 18 Jan 2013 15:52:31 7,091 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    WoodenSpoon wrote:
    frugtkompot wrote:
    Don't play Dark Souls.
    Exception: Bed of Chaos
  • WoodenSpoon 18 Jan 2013 18:50:06 12,275 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    WoodenSpoon wrote:
    kinky_mong wrote:
    WoodenSpoon wrote:
    frugtkompot wrote:
    Don't play Dark Souls.
    I played it for about 60 hours.

Kid yourself that Dark Souls is all about skill if you want, but don't try to sell it to others on that basis, it's not fair on them. Ninja Gaiden was about skill; Dark Souls is all about trial and error, repetition and stat grinding.

And Bed of Chaos isn't the exception, it's just the crowning glory.

Edited by WoodenSpoon at 18:51:29 18-01-2013
  • Armoured_Bear 20 Jan 2013 23:08:22 10,274 posts
    Seen 53 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Quite enjoying this and the superb visuals but the motion sickness is too much, it'll have to be abandoned :-(

• kinky_mong 21 Jan 2013 11:25:07 9,958 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    WoodenSpoon wrote:
    kinky_mong wrote:
    WoodenSpoon wrote:
    kinky_mong wrote:
    WoodenSpoon wrote:
    frugtkompot wrote:
    Don't play Dark Souls.

Kid yourself that Dark Souls is all about skill if you want, but don't try to sell it to others on that basis, it's not fair on them. Ninja Gaiden was about skill; Dark Souls is all about trial and error, repetition and stat grinding.

Ninja Gaiden is far more cheap than Dark Souls ever is, and if Dark Souls is all stat grinding how comes people can finish the whole game at SL10?

• creepylizard 21 Jan 2013 12:16:22 786 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    WoodenSpoon wrote:
    kinky_mong wrote:
    WoodenSpoon wrote:
    kinky_mong wrote:
    WoodenSpoon wrote:
    frugtkompot wrote:
    Don't play Dark Souls.

Dark souls isn't about grinding at all. Its about getting better at killing things which you can do at a low level and with shit equipment if you're good enough.
    which I'm not and will probably never be. I think I'm one of the few people who love this game that actually wants the sequel to be easier..
  • Deleted user 26 January 2013 22:08:14
    Nearly finished my fourth play through. Still love it so much. Shame I never found aiming as smooth as it should be, rockstar seem unable to nail it. On halo and battlefield I fine it easy on a pad to aim quickly and accurately but on rockstar titles it is a real struggle to be precise with ease.

Stunning soundtrack and beautifully directed.
  • CharlieStCloud 26 Jan 2013 23:00:25 5,058 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Pepsipop wrote:
    Nearly finished my fourth play through. Still love it so much.

Stunning soundtrack and beautifully directed.
    My problem with this is that medium mode is not much fun because it is leaning towards the too-hard-it's-unfair side of things ... and the fact that you cannot skip the cutscenes after you have already completed it is daft!

I'll keep hold of it, but those are the reasons why I don't feel compelled to play through the story again.
  • Deleted user 26 January 2013 23:09:14
    Yeah it is a very hard game. I've completed it on hard but it is actually the most fun on easy.

Agree that it is mad not being able to skip
  • Page

of 48 First / Last