Speedball 2/Chaos Engine return Page 2

  • Page

    of 3 First / Last

  • Deleted user 29 September 2006 10:56:30
    The Chaos Engine was clearly the better game. Alien Breed was also good but not in the same league.
  • Lutz 29 Sep 2006 10:56:57 48,854 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    /calls men in white coats
  • Deleted user 29 September 2006 10:57:50
    Lutz wrote:
    /calls men in white coats

    :)
  • ilmaestro 29 Sep 2006 11:24:50 32,406 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Clive Dunn wrote:
    I think you can probably do both Peej, release the original over XBLA and then redo it properly for a retail release.

    Although of course the original is the only one we'll want to play. Perhaps they can release a really uncomfortable controller so we can recreate the old bruises on the thumb feeling.
    I agree on both points, and this is how they are dealing with SWOS, if I understand it correctly.

    Edited by ilmaestro at 11:25:06 29-09-2006

    4235

  • Retroid Moderator 29 Sep 2006 11:52:57 44,503 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    boabg wrote:
    I'll see your Comp Pro and raise you one of these. That was the bestest controller I've ever owned :)
    I have two of those in a box - not bad, it has to be said!
  • pjmaybe 29 Sep 2006 11:55:25 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Sacred Armour of Antiriad for the methafeckin' winneroonie!

    On live of course.

    With new shiny graphics

    And costing 1200 points!

    Peej
  • pjmaybe 29 Sep 2006 11:56:00 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    (yes yes I know it wasn't a Bitmap Bros game but still, GIMME!)

    Peej
  • ilmaestro 29 Sep 2006 12:07:35 32,406 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Retroid wrote:
    boabg wrote:
    I'll see your Comp Pro and raise you one of these. That was the bestest controller I've ever owned :)
    I have two of those in a box - not bad, it has to be said!
    I've still got one of them knocking around, but I only used to use it when my 'normal' Quickshots broke and I needed a new one.

    4235

  • pjmaybe 29 Sep 2006 12:15:56 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Don't make me get all medieval on your arses and tell you that you're all horribly wrong, and in fact Suncom's "Chernoball" was in fact the best 9-pin D controller in the entire universe, EVER.

    Fucked if I can find a picture of one though.

    I'd give my left nad for one of those again. Should never have got rid of it.

    Peej
  • ilmaestro 29 Sep 2006 12:20:57 32,406 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm suspicious about this "Chernoball" given that the only google result for it (relating to joysticks, and not misspellings) is a post of yours on here!

    4235

  • Retroid Moderator 29 Sep 2006 12:21:18 44,503 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    pjmaybe wrote:
    Don't make me get all medieval on your arses and tell you that you're all horribly wrong, and in fact Suncom's "Chernoball" was in fact the best 9-pin D controller in the entire universe, EVER.
    Pffft, I say.

    PFFFFFFFT

    FTUMFW
  • pjmaybe 29 Sep 2006 12:23:39 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    ilmaestro wrote:
    I'm suspicious about this "Chernoball" given that the only google result for it (relating to joysticks, and not misspellings) is a post of yours on here!

    I know, tell me about it - Alas, "Chernoball" was merely a term that Zzap Magazine used for the thing (which is why I bought one, after seeing it reviewed in their Joystick Jury section).

    Hmm, I haven't looked through the online back issues, anyone know the URL and whether or not they're full issues that might contain the review?

    Peej
  • billythekid 29 Sep 2006 12:26:01 11,012 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Retroid wrote:
    pjmaybe wrote:
    Don't make me get all medieval on your arses and tell you that you're all horribly wrong, and in fact Suncom's "Chernoball" was in fact the best 9-pin D controller in the entire universe, EVER.
    Pffft, I say.

    PFFFFFFFT

    FTUMFW

    That is THE joystick, i had a black one and a black and clear and never managed to break either. Unlike every other stick i owned.
  • pjmaybe 29 Sep 2006 12:28:36 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Buggerfucks,

    These are (i believe) the issues in question....


    Zzap!64 #062 - June 1990 - Megatape 8

    Reviews: International 3D Tennis (C64), Ninja Spirit (A), Tennis Cup, Their Finest Hour: The Battle of Britain
    Features: Creature Feature, Joystick reviews part 1, Reader's Awards

    Zzap!64 #064 - August 1990

    Reviews: Klax, Kick Off 2 (A), Turrican (A), Unreal
    Features: Creature Feature, Joystick reviews part 2, Music Maestro, US Gold preview


    But no bloody online versions that I can find. Anyone anal enough to have 'em at home that they can scan?

    Peej
  • pjmaybe 29 Sep 2006 12:30:06 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Where's Tiger_Walts when you need 'im!

    Peej
  • ilmaestro 29 Sep 2006 12:31:28 32,406 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    pjmaybe wrote:
    ilmaestro wrote:
    I'm suspicious about this "Chernoball" given that the only google result for it (relating to joysticks, and not misspellings) is a post of yours on here!

    I know, tell me about it - Alas, "Chernoball" was merely a term that Zzap Magazine used for the thing (which is why I bought one, after seeing it reviewed in their Joystick Jury section).

    Hmm, I haven't looked through the online back issues, anyone know the URL and whether or not they're full issues that might contain the review?

    Peej
    I think you may be able to start here and change the issue number in the URL to suit. edit: you can, too.

    Edited by ilmaestro at 12:34:10 29-09-2006

    4235

  • ilmaestro 29 Sep 2006 12:33:40 32,406 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    While I was looking around the site, I found this Oliver Frey artbook that I had no idea was out. Ordering as we speak.

    4235

  • Retroid Moderator 29 Sep 2006 12:35:05 44,503 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    pjmaybe wrote:
    Buggerfucks,

    These are (i believe) the issues in question....


    Zzap!64 #062 - June 1990 - Megatape 8

    Reviews: International 3D Tennis (C64), Ninja Spirit (A), Tennis Cup, Their Finest Hour: The Battle of Britain
    Features: Creature Feature, Joystick reviews part 1, Reader's Awards

    Zzap!64 #064 - August 1990

    Reviews: Klax, Kick Off 2 (A), Turrican (A), Unreal
    Features: Creature Feature, Joystick reviews part 2, Music Maestro, US Gold preview


    But no bloody online versions that I can find. Anyone anal enough to have 'em at home that they can scan?
    Issue 63 (no joystick feature in 62) and issue 64. Can't see the stick you mentioned there unless I'm going mad ;)
  • Retroid Moderator 29 Sep 2006 12:35:12 44,503 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Post deleted
  • pjmaybe 29 Sep 2006 12:37:23 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Actually,. scrub that - it was way earlier than that.

    I'll have a trudge through the issues meself...see if I can find it.

    Peej
  • Ecanem 29 Sep 2006 12:40:02 5,035 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Post deleted
  • pjmaybe 29 Sep 2006 12:43:38 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Bingo!!!

    Top left

    Peej
  • pjmaybe 29 Sep 2006 12:58:29 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    That site is a classic btw Retroid...


    Single to Bangkok please...


    Peej


    Edited by pjmaybe at 12:59:38 29-09-2006
  • pjmaybe 29 Sep 2006 13:28:16 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Said joystick review...

    Boing!

    See, they liked it too

    Peej
  • Retroid Moderator 29 Sep 2006 13:29:56 44,503 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    pjmaybe wrote:
    Bingo!!!

    Top left
    I have a similar one to that somewhere. A Quickshot jobbie thathad at least 16 directions.... and was utterly fucking useless!

    Single to Bangkok please...
    o_o

    You just know they had to photoshop that goop from white to pink. And add that label.

    /Horp

    Edited by Retroid at 13:30:17 29-09-2006
  • pjmaybe 29 Sep 2006 13:31:49 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It's brill, I've been shuffling through that site, there are some absolute PEARLS on there.

    Peej
  • Khab 29 Sep 2006 14:04:52 6,576 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    You're all mad. This is the only joystick worth it's name.
  • ilmaestro 29 Sep 2006 23:29:17 32,406 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    pjmaybe wrote:
    That site is a classic btw Retroid...
    Oh sure, Retroid gets all the praise...

    ;)

    4235

  • TwistidChimp 13 Apr 2007 17:08:35 8,825 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So its official, SpeedBall 2 returns with the original designer at the helm, small behind the scenes vid up on EGTV now
  • DoleScum 13 Apr 2007 19:07:53 573 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    itamae wrote:
    I see no-one has mentioned Cadaver yet, so... Cadaver OMG!

    +1

    great atmosphere and rock hard puzzles, although the controls and ui were shite
  • Page

    of 3 First / Last

Log in or register to reply