Amazon delivery - gone to the dogs? Page 14

• Page

of 16 First / Last

• TheSaint 25 Feb 2014 15:03:13 14,260 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Don't they just keep adding months every time you complain? You may never have to pay again.
  • Deleted user 25 February 2014 15:06:05
    @Boo... feel exactly the same. I've not got a Kindle (so can't borrow a book a month) and I've no interest in watching downloaded films and series on my computer when I've got more "normal" TV than I can manage to watch. There's a reason I'm not a Lovefilm member and thats because I was never watching the stuff when I was.

I'm cancelling my subscription when it comes up for renewal in November.
  • Deleted user 26 February 2014 11:36:17
    Complained about this and said I'd be cancelling in November. As intimated above, I got given another 3 months of Amazon Prime. I'll cancel at that point.
  • TarickStonefire 26 Feb 2014 11:50:20 2,978 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Been reading more about how strictly Amazon runs it's warehouses. Really feel for the staff there, whose breaks start the second they start the 5-to-10-minute walk to the security checkpoint, and include the walk back from the security checkpoint, and include any delays at the security checkpoint, and whose daily/hourly quotas regularly rise to the point where they're impossible to achieve and they get fired.

:(

Edited by TarickStonefire at 11:50:50 26-02-2014

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• DFawkes 26 Feb 2014 12:01:52 22,752 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I almost got a job with them, but the agency seemed to forget about me so I missed out. They put on a bus service to get people to and from the warehouse, but the bus left 5 minutes after clocking out time, despite hundreds of people clocking out at the same time (and not a second early or that's a timekeeping infraction). So people just got stranded there at 11:30pm, miles from anywhere.

As far as I could see from all the documentation we had to sign, they pretty much use agencies exclusively so they can fire people in situations it'd be illegal to if they took them on themselves, as they're not really firing you, they're just cancelling their contract with the agency. They also used it to get around other things, like less than the statutory holiday entitlement and no statutory sick pay as your contract is terminated before you get to 4 days illness. I'm not entirely convinced it was all 100% legal, but as I say I think I dodged a bullet not getting a job there so never had to question it.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• CharlieStCloud 25 Mar 2014 12:00:01 5,202 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Oh God ... no, no, no, no!

Amazon to invest in the UK's least popular delivery service

If investing in Yodel delivers a hundred times better service, then I am all for it, but I just cannot see it happening.
  • CosmicFuzz 25 Mar 2014 12:03:12 23,696 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:

Flashbacks?

We're celebrating 75 years of Batman - and here's my look back at Rocksteady's Arkham series.

• Rens11 25 Mar 2014 12:07:00 1,391 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Had 2 packages left in stupid places from Amazon the past 2 weeks. A game left resting up against my front door which is about 6feet away from the road delivered by UPS. The other PS4 (DPD) which I asked to be left with a neighbour but instead left in full view with the bins. I came back from work and the box was soaked cos it pissed it down

Dont kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, hed eat you and everyone you care about!

• DUFFMAN5 25 Mar 2014 12:09:41 14,523 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    CharlieStCloud wrote:

Flashbacks?
    ;)

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Zomoniac 25 Mar 2014 12:10:02 7,820 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    CharlieStCloud wrote:

Flashbacks?
    :D
  • iancognito 25 Mar 2014 12:12:21 1,148 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I like the one hour delivery slot information from DPD. It's 2014. Online order tracking saying it's "out for dispatch" for hours doesn't cut it any more.
  • iancognito 25 Mar 2014 12:14:21 1,148 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Receiving a special delivery at a large house in Norfolk...
  • CharlieStCloud 25 Mar 2014 12:20:02 5,202 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Guys, this is serious.

... do you really want Yodel to become the dominant delivery force for Amazon?

I admittedly smiled at CosmicFuzz's post although that is also an equally serious (and entirely separate) issue, okay?
  • Psychotext 25 Mar 2014 12:31:28 53,915 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yodel became that some time ago. =/

I do so enjoy some random joe showing up to my door in his Ford Granada and grunting as he throws my parcels at me.
  • iancognito 25 Mar 2014 12:42:41 1,148 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I thought the Amazon Click & Collect was a good idea (have parcel sent to local shop, collect at some convenient time later) until my local C&C point stopped accepting deliveries and my parcel bounced around for a couple of weeks saying it had been dispatched and delivery had been refused.

They might have made a bit of a mistake by linking Prime deliveries with Lovefilm. 80 a year for next day delivery and the hit and miss selection of movies is not bad value but it sounds like a big expense upfront.
  • Psychotext 25 Mar 2014 12:46:34 53,915 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm cancelling when my renewal comes around. It's ridiculous.
  • RyanDS 25 Mar 2014 12:47:57 9,154 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    Guys, this is serious.

... do you really want Yodel to become the dominant delivery force for Amazon?

I admittedly smiled at CosmicFuzz's post although that is also an equally serious (and entirely separate) issue, okay?
    It's better than Shittylink at least.
  • DFawkes 25 Mar 2014 12:56:39 22,752 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yodel are fine in my area, but given the drivers are self-employed and working to strict targets, some of them are clearly going to be terrible. I'd be surprised if there wasn't a really high staff turnover.

It's certainly not the sort of company I'd expect to deliver stuff if I was paying over 70 a year.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• iancognito 25 Mar 2014 13:08:31 1,148 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I cancelled my Lovefilm subscription because the selection was a bit poor. Some highlights plus a lot of filler. I'd not appreciated how small the "one kindle book a month" selection was either. In 9 months of Prime there have been about five deliveries gone wrong. Amazon might need to improve things if they're hoping for more subscribers.
  • iancognito 30 Apr 2014 13:29:36 1,148 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I have a parcel coming with "Amazon Logistics". Is that renamed Yodel? And why has 'logistics' become the word for anything that involves moving things? It's the new version of technician and engineer where everyone has an exotic sounding job title. I imagine it won't be long before delivery drivers are called logistics technicians.
  • DUFFMAN5 30 Apr 2014 13:33:35 14,523 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    iancognito wrote:
    I cancelled my Lovefilm subscription because the selection was a bit poor. Some highlights plus a lot of filler. I'd not appreciated how small the "one kindle book a month" selection was either. In 9 months of Prime there have been about five deliveries gone wrong. Amazon might need to improve things if they're hoping for more subscribers.
    You are spot on with this. My first two orders via "Prime" went wrong. First being the BR Frozen, turned up 2 days later! and then Titanfall just didn't turn up!

...its ok though because I got an extra month Prime on each occasion, totally not the point. If you USP is next day make the fooker next day.

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• TheSaint 30 Apr 2014 13:55:16 14,260 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    When the HBO catalogue arrives on Prime it's going to give Netflix a run for it's money.
  • Widge Moderator 30 Apr 2014 14:07:12 13,390 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Although Netflix originals... much better than the Prime equivalent.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• teamHAM 2 May 2014 17:55:04 2,855 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So I ordered something for delivery for today, specifically today because I made sure to be in. Supposed to come between 3 and 4. Carrier was DPD.

Gets to 4.10 and nothing, so I call them. "Oh, you weren't in" they say. Oh really? Well I live in a building with an intercom that tracks bell pushes and also has a camera. Nobody pushed the bell and nobody came within 30 feet or so of the external door.

Needless to say, the office said they had a photograph from the driver of the external door, taken from some distance away, and that was proof he turned up. So the driver turned up, took a picture of my external door from the road, then just drove off! No knock, bell push, card through the door, nothing.

I got them to (supposedly) re-deliver tomorrow AM but still, I am furious at the tidal wave of incompetence.

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• iancognito 2 May 2014 18:02:54 1,148 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    They messed up the delivery and performed some creepy long range stalking. Interesting development.

DPD are normally good. The online tracking is accurate so you can keep an eye on where they are. Not really the point to watch out for deliveries, but it means you can run outside and wait for them when they're a few minutes away.
  • Gruff 2 May 2014 18:53:41 2,850 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Cancelled my Prime, deliveries are pretty decent up here in the frozen highlands, but don't use the Film service much (Netflix and Unblock US is more than enough) and have never used the kindle thing despite having an ancient kindle.

70 is too pricey just for delivery, especially if yodel are gonna be delivering in the future, they are feckin crap in my area. The Yodel thing who usually rolls up to my front door should not be allowed out after dark IMO.

Edited by Gruff at 19:14:52 02-05-2014

It's not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it's not possible to find it elsewhere.
    ― Agnes Repplier

• Goban 2 May 2014 18:58:46 9,051 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yup delivery up here in the sunny frozen north pretty good, shame they keep sending me the wrong stuff. I prefer the selection of stuff on amazon though, which is putting me in two minds. If they had a pay monthly option id be happy.
  • Psychotext 2 May 2014 19:37:24 53,915 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Gruff wrote:
    The Yodel thing who usually rolls up to my front door should not be allowed out after dark IMO.
    :D
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 2 May 2014 19:44:12 37,655 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've never seen our Yodel delivery man, what with him being the North West's knock-a-door-run champion and all.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• iancognito 2 May 2014 19:49:13 1,148 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    After my recent delivery, I think Yodel is now called Amazon Logistics. It was still a bloke in a t-shirt with an unmarked van.
  • Page

of 16 First / Last