Amazon delivery - gone to the dogs? Page 12

• Page

of 16 First / Last

• Sharzam 9 Sep 2013 16:11:27 3,010 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Tell you what annoys me is that with prime you could select 1 or 2 day, if you chose 1 day then it was courier and 2 day was royal mail first class. But recently they have changed it that 2 day doesn't necessarily mean royal mail.

This is a problem as I cant use couriers, no one is in during the week I have no neighbours and the warehouses for couriers are in Bristol which is 30 miles away (post office sorting office is 1 mile). Basically I can no longer be sure I will get an item if I buy from Amazon.

If there is a way to ensure to use royal mail Iam happy otherwise it's just wasting everyone's time.

Known as 'Sharzam' in 98.5% of games

• X201 9 Sep 2013 16:14:36 15,581 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sharzam wrote:

If there is a way to ensure to use royal mail Iam happy otherwise it's just wasting everyone's time.
    Its puzzled me for ages why online shops don't let you choose your courier.

I know they do deals for exclusivity etc, but they could do a similar arrangement with multiple couriers.

Edited by X201 at 16:14:55 09-09-2013
  • LionheartDJH 9 Sep 2013 16:34:10 19,492 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    BillMurray wrote:
    I've not kept up with this thread for a long time but I decided to go with Amazon for my GTA V pre-order. Are my chances of getting it on release day slim to none?
    No you should have a good chance. Recently they've started offering free 1st class postage on game pre-orders to ensure release day delivery. Previously it was the case you had to pay 2 extra for that or take the chance with the free super saver delivery that might not make it for release day.

Edited by LionheartDJH at 16:34:38 09-09-2013

She dives for cheese pasties

• BillMurray 9 Sep 2013 18:15:31 7,792 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    LionheartDJH wrote:
    BillMurray wrote:
    I've not kept up with this thread for a long time but I decided to go with Amazon for my GTA V pre-order. Are my chances of getting it on release day slim to none?
    No you should have a good chance. Recently they've started offering free 1st class postage on game pre-orders to ensure release day delivery. Previously it was the case you had to pay 2 extra for that or take the chance with the free super saver delivery that might not make it for release day.
    Ahh, that's good news. Fingers crossed then.
  • Deckard2 9 Sep 2013 18:22:21 3,289 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    To offer another view, I paid for first class a couple of times, and both times it arrived three days late.
  • spamdangled 9 Sep 2013 19:53:25 27,413 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm a member of that Prime thing they offer, and things still turn up late, or don't even get delivered when they're supposed to. Plus the courier company they use is terrible.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• xuiton 9 Sep 2013 20:03:13 297 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I forgot about them removing free delivery unless it was like a game or dvd for stuff under 10. didn't think much of it until I tried to buy a memory card for a psp I just bought. puts the price up by 4 when the item is 8.

fuck amazon, this plus that news thing about them treating workers like shit can get to fuck now.

Edited by xuiton at 20:13:59 09-09-2013
  • danathjo 9 Sep 2013 20:03:44 7,434 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The wife ordered a few things through their 'Amazon Family' scheme last week and ended up getting yelled at by the postman because no one was home. I ended up talking to him to talk him down because he was so annoyed. Really weird!

Which then of course was followed by a complaint to Amazon, was hoping he gets fired for being such a dick but I somehow doubt it!

Edit: Amazon courier I meant.

Edited by danathjo at 20:05:23 09-09-2013
  • Megapocalypse 21 Sep 2013 19:05:16 5,469 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Useless twats. Been waiting for a package all day. Just checked the status and apparently an attempt to deliver was made about 20 mins ago, but there was nobody in. Which is strange as I was here, my door bell works fine and no note has been put through the door. Lazy twat courier has just fucked off home early knowing there's no way I can prove otherwise.

Edited by Megapocalypse at 19:05:45 21-09-2013
  • askew 6 Nov 2013 13:39:13 12,424 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just had a similar experience! Ordered something to the office, and I get an email telling me that he was unable to deliver. Cheeky bast.

Complained at once and asked if they could call him back, but that's not possible. So I will have to wait until tomorrow.

Wonder if they'll refund the extra money I spent on next day delivery?
  • BigOrkWaaagh 6 Nov 2013 14:27:45 2,096 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I ordered a pair of boots to be delivered to work via prime next day and they used Amazon post or whatever the fuck their own courier is. The reason for the urgency was that I had walked to work in the pissing rain the day before and realised that my old shoes had a frigging hole in, and my feet were soaked, so I needed them sharpish.

Cue half past 4 and no shoes, but the site says they're still out for delivery. I phone up Amazon and they tell me that they're still out for delivery. I ask when they will be delivered and they can't say - any time up until 9pm sir. Which is of course ridiculous as it's my work address. They told me there is no way on Earth they can possibly find out how much longer I will have to sit at work twiddling my thumbs. I got a bit shirty and by some miracle they eventually managed to get in touch with the driver who said he was half an hour away. 15 minutes later some random guy turns up in a tiny little plain white van with my boots and I shove them on and bugger off home.

I'm not sure if the moral of the story is that Amazon's own delivery service is just some random man in a van and therefore accountable to nobody but himself, or that if you complain long enough they will eventually be able to tell you what is going on with your stuff, but there you are, that's my story.

One excellent thing they have started to do that I use a lot, because like others I am never home, is that they allow you to get your stuff delivered to the nearest Co-op for free if you're on Prime, and I think a small fee if you're not.

Edited by midnight_walker at 14:30:11 06-11-2013

Previously midnight_walker

• askew 6 Nov 2013 16:08:32 12,424 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, wish I'd gone for that or got them to deliver it to an Amazon Locker.
  • freddymercurystwin 6 Nov 2013 16:16:29 480 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I order a large item on Monday, free delivery selected, its just arrived. Can't complain.
  • Moot_Point 2 Dec 2013 12:01:46 4,344 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    "Amazon deliveries take to the air", morelike!

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• THFourteen 2 Dec 2013 12:04:06 33,846 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Megapocalypse wrote:
    Useless twats. Been waiting for a package all day. Just checked the status and apparently an attempt to deliver was made about 20 mins ago, but there was nobody in. Which is strange as I was here, my door bell works fine and no note has been put through the door. Lazy twat courier has just fucked off home early knowing there's no way I can prove otherwise.
    This happened to me on Saturday. Apparent claim that they tried to deliver but failed. No note in the door and no doorbell ringing.

They delivered it on SUNDAY of all days.
  • santashi 2 Dec 2013 12:32:05 5,166 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Moot_Point wrote:
    "Amazon deliveries take to the air", morelike!
    Crazy! Although it reminds me of that Mentalist episode the other week...

Tried a next day delivery from Amazon for a small external hard drive, which Royal Mail attempted to deliver a day late when nobody was around, and then took back to the depot. Doesn't really encourage me to sign up for Prime, especially since the free delivery option usually gets it in my hands within four days, too. ;)

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• jablonski 2 Dec 2013 12:41:28 4,381 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I ordered a game through Prime, and got a card through my door for attempted delivery, package to large.
    It's a bloody Xbox game!
    Set up redelivery for today and there it is on my doormat. Weird.

Prime, on the whole, is total shit now.
    It only turns up next day about 3/10 times.

But when you order, it says underneath "Get it tomorrow (date)".
    I don't see much wiggle room there.
  • mal 2 Dec 2013 13:09:28 22,710 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Just got three separate orders with three separate dispatch notes all come in one big box, two days before the delivery estimate using supersaver delivery. Surprisingly efficient from Amazon these days.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• TheSaint 2 Dec 2013 13:24:28 14,614 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just approaching the end of my second prime trial and at first I was planning to keep it but the last few deliveries (royal mail) have taken days longer than specified. Very little incentive to pay 50 for that.
  • DaM 2 Dec 2013 13:48:33 13,332 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Waterstones announce rival service.

This sounds just as likely.
  • Load_2.0 4 Dec 2013 14:53:03 19,444 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Prime has gone to shit, I strongly advise against signing up.

Given three of my last parcels have come via Royal Mail you are better off just going free post.

Shame as it was a decent service for a while.
  • Tryhard 12 Dec 2013 19:04:30 4,136 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just a shout out that there are some Amazon support emails going out with nasty surprises inside.Block or delete if it says something about an order you know you had nothing to do with.And not the usual Amazon order email.
  • CaptainKerbal 12 Dec 2013 19:25:22 391 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Had a DVD set I ordered with free delivery Monday night turn up this morning so can't complain to be honest, you get what you pay for.....
  • santashi 12 Dec 2013 21:53:18 5,166 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    DPD are one of the good couriers, right?

• Psychotext 12 Dec 2013 21:59:28 54,391 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Pretty much the best at the moment.

Though obviously they're not 100% either.
  • santashi 12 Dec 2013 22:00:55 5,166 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Great, thanks.

• Whizzo 13 Dec 2013 00:11:10 43,195 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Getting a little ticked off with Prime deliveries at the moment, I can understand things get busy around this time of year but it seems to be getting a lot slower than usual.

This space left intentionally blank.

• TheSaint 13 Dec 2013 00:19:05 14,614 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    In my experience it's getting dispatched quickly but royal mail are taking an age to deliver.
  • Psychotext 13 Dec 2013 00:19:30 54,391 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've had loads of stuff go missing from various companies. Sadly it's down to the cuntbags that the delivery companies take on at this time of year.
  • Whizzo 13 Dec 2013 00:28:16 43,195 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It took two days for AC4 to turn up when I ordered it on Monday and that was via City-Link (I know they're not the greatest) it didn't even look like they had it until the day it was supposed to be delivered.

What's worse was that I popped in Tesco and saw the game at exactly the same bloody price but it couldn't be cancelled as it was so close to dispatch. Well so close to not actually going anywhere.

This space left intentionally blank.

• Page

of 16 First / Last