Amazon delivery - gone to the dogs? Page 2

• Page

of 15 First / Last

• Lexx87 2 Apr 2012 15:53:02 20,869 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Isn't it the delivery firms fault if things don't get delivered?

Amazon (at least used to be abslutely wonderful as customer service, i've never had a problem.

Speak the truth hussy!

• woodnotes 2 Apr 2012 15:54:53 4,922 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    My bad Amazon experience happened last month when I ordered a new Toshiba 42" 3D television, stocked and sold by Amazon themselves.

What I got delivered was a "Toshib" television covered in fingerprints and the back dangling off. When I called them to arrange it to be returned, they thought I was joking.

Edited by woodnotes at 15:55:03 02-04-2012
  • Dougs 2 Apr 2012 16:07:51 66,761 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    There are only certain things in their control. Assume they sorted it all out no bother?

Edit: @woodnotes.

Edited by Dougs at 16:14:13 02-04-2012
  • SuperCoolEskimo 2 Apr 2012 16:11:01 9,730 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    In the end I had to arrange for the TV to be moved to my address and I told them to arrange the collection from there.

Two of the failed collections were Amazon's fault - the first because they instructed the courier to go to the wrong address (mine, not hers) and the second because they used a courier who could not collect an item the size of a 40" TV.

The email has arrived, I'll be sending a letter to them tomorrow.
  • Dougs 2 Apr 2012 16:15:10 66,761 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The whole not having a complaints department seems a bit odd though.
  • Syrette 17 May 2012 10:47:59 43,126 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Went to download an album off Amazon's MP3 store earlier like a good boy.

My net connection died half way through and the MP3 downloader erroneously then called the download 'complete'.

Naturally I go to redownload the remaining songs but guess what - unless I'm missing something there isn't a redownload option!

I'll just go grap a coby off Mediafire or something like I wish I'd done in the first place. I download music legaly off other webstores (particularly Beatport) and can redownload them a set number of times should I so wish. But not with Amazon.

Edited by Syrette at 10:52:08 17-05-2012

• Chopsen 17 May 2012 10:51:15 15,752 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think if you use their download application instead of the website, you can redownload.
  • Mr-Brett 17 May 2012 10:53:23 12,723 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If you ask the customer service people they'll most likely give you a new link to download it from. It is unfortunate that you can't re-download but nobody ever said you could.

Portable view - Never forget.

• Syrette 17 May 2012 10:54:20 43,126 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I did - that's what I meant by "MP3 downloader". The retry option didn't exist as it thought I'd finished the complete download.

• Syrette 17 May 2012 10:56:10 43,126 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Mr-Brett

I never said they said one could either! I sort of expected it as all. I suspect this is standard practice for the bigger music stores actually. just not the smaller stores I use to buy music.

• Dougs 17 May 2012 11:04:36 66,761 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Did you try and contact them, or are you just assuming they wouldn't sort it out?
  • mrpon 17 May 2012 11:21:00 28,503 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I believe contacting Customer Support with your order numbers for the MP3 tracks and they'll send you links to redownload them.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• Mr-Brett 17 May 2012 11:21:12 12,723 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah it should be there, sorry I was being a bit snippy there but it annoys me when someone complains and says they're going to download illegally instead without even trying to contact the vendor.

• Maturin 17 May 2012 12:11:41 2,892 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    On the very few occasions I've had a problem with Amazon downloads they've sorted it out quickly when I've contacted them.

Good customer service I've found.

The only reason I don't use Amazon Mp3 anymore is its crappy low-bitrate files. Some are shockingly bad. Play and 7Digital offer 320k downloads. You can also redownload from those two.
  • mal 17 May 2012 12:33:33 22,341 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The Amazon MP3 downloader app is shockingly badly written, at least in comparison to their website. Try to run it on anything even slightly non-standard and it'll balls up, whereas I dare say I could visit their website on my left testicle if I installed an ethernet port.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• RyanDS 17 May 2012 12:41:06 9,073 posts
    Seen 27 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I was well impressed by Amazon last week. I bought the complete Star Trek box sets around 6 months ago. Last week one disc wouldn't play properly. (disc 70 or so of the entire series - I have Tos, Next Gen, DS9) I emailed them saying that the disc was faulty, what should I do, and they emailed straight back saying that a new set was in the post. No questions, no arguments over it baing ages since I bought the stuff, I didn't even ask for a new box.

Great service.
  • Mr-Brett 17 May 2012 12:51:23 12,723 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I downloaded an album from Amazon a while ago, I noticed that one of the tracks ended abruptly, it was only missing a few seconds so I wasn't that bothered but I thought I'd let them know so they could fix it. They confirmed the problem and gave me a refunded for the whole album straight away and pulled it from the site.

I've also had a film not arrived for a couple of weeks so I contacted them, they said it wasn't in stock atm or they would normally dispatch another straight away, so they gave me a refund instead. The film arrived about a week later and I let them know and gave them the refund back, because they were good to me I was honest with them. If only other places would learn that good customer service pays off.

• speedofthepuma 17 May 2012 12:58:32 13,268 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I have never had a problem with amazon, they always send.a replacement immediately with no questions.

I've turned off all the avatars and crap, so don't expect me to be impressed by yours.

• Deleted user 17 May 2012 12:59:36
    My only issue with amazon is some of the delivery companies they use are a bit shit. I would love to get to choose who delivers to me.
  • MetalDog 17 May 2012 13:05:19 23,708 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Ditto.
    Royal Mail have been very good to me for Amazon deliveries.
    Not so with the cunting Home Delivery Network.

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• santashi 17 May 2012 13:11:08 5,057 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Definitely. Yodel put a box of books I'd ordered in a compost bin in the snow and also didn't put a note through the door. Only found them when I went to put some compost in the bin a few days later and it wasn't a pretty sight.

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• Syrette 17 May 2012 13:14:06 43,126 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Mr-Brett

Er, hang on, it's not like I've not paid for the album. I do own a license to it.

Could have contacted Amazon, of course. Took me 2-3 minutes to find and download a pirated version of it, versus waiting however long for Amazon to get back to me with a redownload link (or not).

• TheSaint 17 May 2012 13:19:26 14,201 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Tell that to the judge.
  • Mr-Brett 17 May 2012 13:26:19 12,723 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You bought the access to a one time download of the mp3s from Amazon, that's not the same as owning a 'license' to acquire them by any means. I'm not gonna bust your balls about that though, I'm exactly a boy scout myself but there is an important difference between the two.

• UncleLou Moderator 17 May 2012 13:40:14 35,433 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Send your phone number to the amazon customer support, get called within seconds (!), 24/7, get your album download link again 5 seconds later. At least that's how .de does it, but I'd be surprised if it's different elsewhere.
  • santashi 17 May 2012 13:43:51 5,057 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yep, it works like that in the UK, too.

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• Fozzie_bear 17 May 2012 13:45:10 15,489 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    MetalDog wrote:
    Ditto.
    Royal Mail have been very good to me for Amazon deliveries.
    Not so with the cunting Home Delivery Network.
    In a daft moment last year I signed up for Prime. Odds of getting something next day are around 1 in 3. Home Delivery Network are bloody awful with City Link only a little better. Most reliable way of getting stuff though is to ignore the Prime delivery option and go for free royal mail delivery, which sort of defeats the object.

Support the Mowgli Dirty Protest!

• Dougs 17 May 2012 14:06:25 66,761 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Prime works great for me, seems most of the couriers are OK in my area. Had a few that they've left without knocking etc, but normally I am in and keeping an eye out the window just in case.
  • boo 17 May 2012 15:13:42 11,706 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Long time Prime user. It used to be astounding - order to goods-in-my-grubby-paws in sub 24 hours most of the time.
    These days it's more like 2 days, but that's still not bad, considering the price difference between them and most places on the high street.

Only had a couple of occasions when I've needed to return something, due to an item being damaged etc, and each time they've been great - no quibbling. Sent a new one out immediately, given me the return postage label to use and about a month to get it back to them.

They're not perfect, but they're pretty darn good.

As others have pointed out - the delivery companies they use aren't always up to much, but since I can now get stuff delivered to work, that's solved most of the 'finding a parcel in next door's wheelie bin three weeks later' issues.

Just Another Lego Blog

• mal 17 May 2012 15:32:53 22,341 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Fozzie_bear wrote:
    Most reliable way of getting stuff though is to ignore the Prime delivery option and go for free royal mail delivery, which sort of defeats the object.
    I suspect that depends where you live. For me, the free supersaver delivery method just as often comes via HDNL as it does via royal mail.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• Page

of 15 First / Last