of 15 First / Last

• sport 8 Dec 2012 18:08:47 12,499 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You need this guy Gl3n
  • meggsy 8 Dec 2012 18:09:02 1,628 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Royal Mail here (rural County Durham) seem to do a great job in delivering things. Amazon with Prime through Yodel is a complete disaster, my parcel has been with them since Thursday morning and no attempt has been made to deliver, the online tracking page is full of the usual bullshit about attempted delivery, left a card. Absolutely useless.

3DS: 3454-0647-5991

• Gl3n Moderator 8 Dec 2012 18:14:57 5,310 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    sport wrote:
    You need this guy Gl3n
    Ruddy do! the bare faced cheek.

PSN: Glendemic Xbox: Gl3n Steam: Gl3n

• onestepfromlost 8 Dec 2012 18:16:27 2,039 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    no you need the address of the supplier and a bat!
  • YenRug 9 Dec 2012 02:08:31 2,014 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Gl3n wrote:
    Never order earphones from Amazon. I ordered two sets of them new 'EarPods' and both are blatant fakes. I know I only paid half the normal retail price, but they come in new iPhone boxes and i was hopeful.

Fuck you G3 Bits.
    I take it you didn't actually order from Amazon, then, rather a Marketplace seller? If so, let Amazon know that the products supplied are fakes, they'll probably refund your money.
  • Gl3n Moderator 9 Dec 2012 02:26:47 5,310 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Heh, literally just got this message as well:

Hi,

I'm sorry you are not happy with the goods received.

The items are brand new and were supplied in blister bags.

Apple do not discount there products and so sellers like myself go to the same factories where they are made and order the same earphones without the fancy packaging.

They are not fakes as they are the same cables from the same moulds from the same factory. This is why I and other uses on amazon are able to sell them for 50% cheaper.

I will process a refund for you straight away. I am sorry for any inconvenience caused.
    Oh, so not fakes at all then? Derp der.

PSN: Glendemic Xbox: Gl3n Steam: Gl3n

• teamHAM 11 Dec 2012 23:43:45 2,742 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I bought a load of stuff last Monday from Amazon on priority delivery. It was marked dispatched that evening and Tuesday morning the tracking came up for HDNL and it was marked "out for delivery". "I'll make sure I'm in" I thought. Nothing came.

Wednesday checked tracking. "Out for delivery" (again). Nothing came (again). Same for Thursday, and Friday. Nothing came over the weekend.

I checked the tracking this morning. "Out for delivery" (again). I was planning to go out today but thought I'd better stay in. Well it didn't turn up. No card through the door. My neighbour didn't have anything. I checked tonight and the tracking still says "in transit".

Then about an hour ago I had a knock at the door. A weary looking woman was standing there holding all my stuff in a torn box (which they obviously opened). She lives about 3 miles from me, the address sounds nothing like my address, and to make it even worse after she handed my stuff over she said "right, so where's mine?". After asking her what she meant she said that the HDNL guy said that he delivered her stuff to me and my stuff to her by mistake so we'd just have to "deal with it". Firstly how on earth you could make that mistake I will never know, and secondly of course he was bullshitting because nobody came here, so I had to send her away empty handed and she was not happy.

Yes. It has gone to the dogs. And then some.

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• mal 12 Dec 2012 00:41:55 22,332 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    So, checking back through some recent orders for a small order I'm sure I'd made, but have no record of receiving, I discover it's yet again been delivered by Yodel, and yet again they've faked my signature for the delivery, and presumably they've again delivered it to the wrong address, but this time the people at the address it was delivered to haven't redelivered it to me (nor should they have to).

Poor show Amazon. I expect this from Yodel, but for you to continue to use this shower of shit is disappointing. I'll be complaining to you about them - again.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• SuperCoolEskimo 12 Dec 2012 01:07:56 9,705 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The thing is Amazon do not give a shit about Yode/HNDL fucking their customers about.

I bought a TV for a friend early this year, which had to be replaced. For the pick up of the faulty TV, they had to arrange three collections before it got picked up, costing my friend (a single mum) three days off work. Two of those failed collections were Amazon's fault (sent the wrong courier who deal with smaler items, then they sent the courier to my address instead of my friend's).

Rang them to complain, they didn't care. Wrote to them and received a bullshit reply. Not even an apology.
  • YenRug 12 Dec 2012 15:35:10 2,014 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-rights
  • AccidentProne 12 Dec 2012 15:40:46 1,152 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Do they only use Yodel with prime, or is it just certain parts of the country?

Was a bit worried after reading this thread, but being a lazy git I still did most of my Christmas shopping on Amazon. So far, it's all been delivered by Royal Mail or City Link.
  • TheSaint 12 Dec 2012 15:46:02 14,199 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Most of my Prime deliveries seem to have been Royal Mail recently. They haven't arrived the next day as they should but still far less hassle than Yodel.

Edited by TheSaint at 15:46:39 12-12-2012
  • robthehermit 12 Dec 2012 16:08:30 3,966 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    After waiting a week after release date for my Lego Lord of the Rings on supersaver delivery, Amazon surprised me by delivering Homefronr in 2 days. I wonder if having it delivered to a business address made any difference to the post office?

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• AccidentProne 12 Dec 2012 16:15:26 1,152 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well that might be it, as all my stuff is being delivered to work. So far everything seems to be taking around 2-3 days, which I'm quite impressed with at this time of year.
  • X201 12 Dec 2012 16:17:26 15,124 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    mal wrote:
    I discover it's yet again been delivered by Yodel, and yet again they've faked my signature for the delivery,
    Amazon allow them to leave certain items without being signed for. They put a special label on stuff like that.
  • Kostabi 12 Dec 2012 16:35:09 4,874 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ordered 3 different items yesterday and picked combine deliveries. Amazon then used 3 different couriers (HDNL, DPD and Parcel Force) to dispatch.
  • Dougs 12 Dec 2012 17:28:59 66,589 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    On the flip side, they took back a load of stuff I ordered but didn't want any more, no questions asked. I lied about the reason for return so thy paid the postage, they don't seem fussed.
  • Gruff 12 Dec 2012 18:36:49 2,839 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    X201 wrote:
    mal wrote:
    I discover it's yet again been delivered by Yodel, and yet again they've faked my signature for the delivery,
    Amazon allow them to leave certain items without being signed for. They put a special label on stuff like that.
    Yep, my yodel delivered parcel has gone missing

The new Shitty-Link?

“It's not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it's not possible to find it elsewhere.”
    ― Agnes Repplier

• mal 12 Dec 2012 19:16:05 22,332 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    X201 wrote:
    mal wrote:
    It looks like it's the same guy who signed for my 100+ quid plus of stuff the other week, and I doubt Amazon would allow that to be self-signed for. This really ought to have been small enough to pop through the letterbox too, but I'll have a check of the bins and environs before I report it as missing.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• mrpon 14 Dec 2012 11:21:19 28,414 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Amazon mobile app now supports iPad.

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• SuperCoolEskimo 13 Feb 2013 14:07:36 9,705 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Seems like Yodel are pretty active on Twitter - merely tweeting something about them will get a tweet back from them asking if they can help.

Quite amusing going through their timeline and seeing that most of the messages they're replying to are people bemoaning the fact that Yodel are the courier for whoever they've ordered from.

@YodelOnline is the official account.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 13 Feb 2013 14:08:04 9,705 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Also I didn't know HNDL is part of Yodel too.
  • MetalDog 13 Feb 2013 14:14:41 23,708 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I always adjust the prime deliveries to free first class so that the Royal Mail handles them instead of the shit useless bastards that handle the 'next day' stuff. At least if I miss a delivery with them, I can pop down to the high street and pick it up instead of having to hunt out a dismal trading estate in the middle of fucking nowhere - great fun without a car.

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• Zomoniac 13 Feb 2013 14:14:51 7,785 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Pretty sure Yodel is just the new brand name for HDNL. Though it still says HDN on their labels. I believe they were owned by Littlewoods. I may have dreamed all this though.
  • Psychotext 13 Feb 2013 14:15:19 53,775 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    They keep changing their name to try and lose their awful reputation.

Still not ordering from Amazon whilst they're using them.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 13 Feb 2013 14:22:49 9,705 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've also stopped using Amazon, messed me about twice, couldn't give a shit when I complained. And they're tax dodging bastards.

Let out a big meh when I got an email from Yodel this morning, I wasn't aware Sports Direct use them too. Apparently they're going to deliver it today but it'll be tomorrow at the earliest knowing them.
  • Ultrasoundwave 13 Feb 2013 14:24:44 3,264 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Interesting observation :

I ordered two PS3 games off Amazon, pretty much at the same time (the same day anyway).

I ordered the Resistance Trilogy off Amazon.com (because its not available in this country) and i ordered Gran Turismo 5 Academy Edition off Amazon.co.uk.

I'll give you all one guess (because thats all you need) which one showed up first......

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• SuperCoolEskimo 13 Feb 2013 14:27:20 9,705 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Ultrasoundwave Who did Amazon UK use for delivery?

Royal Mail are generally very good nowadays.
  • Ultrasoundwave 13 Feb 2013 14:30:16 3,264 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @SuperCoolEskimo

As far as i could tell they both got to me through Royal Mail - standard delivery from Amazon.co.uk and standard (international) delivery from Amazon.com.

Resistance arrived three days before GT......:confused:

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• SuperCoolEskimo 13 Feb 2013 22:39:13 9,705 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So Yodel didn't deliver my parcel today like they promised, which isn't a surprise. Whats fucking annoying is their tracking tool had the status as 'out for delivery' all day and after 9pm cut off it changed to show that the parcel didn't even leave the depot.

One of the worst companies I've ever come across.
  • Page

of 15 First / Last