Amazon delivery - gone to the dogs? Page 8

• Page

of 14 First / Last

• kadooosh 24 Nov 2012 22:15:45 1,197 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    skuzzbag wrote:
    urban wrote:
    Came home to find Yodel had delivered my Neil Gaiman Sandman series boxset worth 150. They left it sat in front of my door.
    What is this boxset? I'm about to put all my Sandman books on ebay but I'm not expecting much for them. I think there's 10 books.
    They 'didn't' turn up...
  • munki83 30 Nov 2012 12:10:24 1,332 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Me and my house mate have had huge problems with Amazon over the last month or so with missing packages and late deliverys. This weeks saga was I ordered Hitman on the black friday deal and I was expecting it the next day as I'm a prime customer. It didnt arrive. So I emailed asnd they told me to wait till Tuesday, it still hadn't arrived so I got back to them and they sent out another copy... the next day the original order was delivered and now I have two copies so one is going to HMV for tradeing in. However they have fucked up again. Had Far Cry 3 on preorder with them and thats not arrived today either so need to send another email to tell them that I will be sending it back and I'm just going to pick the game up from Asda for about the same price.
  • Deleted user 30 November 2012 15:51:16
    Fucking yodel.

Order two parcels, one meant to arrive yesterday, the other today. Got todays fine. Checked amazon for yesterday, apparently its been signed for and delivered. Bollocks as it.

Checked wiht upstairs, next door to the right nope.

Tried ringing my local depot. I can't get anywhere because i was left no card with a refrence number on, it then just hangs up.

Tracking said it was signed for at 9pm. Infact todays i didn't even sign for. he just handed it over. I asked about the other parcel, he said my other colleague isn't working today. So i wonder if its been overloaded with parcels (wii u's) and just didn't get round to me, and will try tommorrow.

Thing is i ordered on Free super saver. On a parcel which is no bigger than what my flatmate recieved today. The fact we don't even get a choice pisses me off.

last two times i have issues now:(
  • FortysixterUK 30 Nov 2012 17:22:01 382 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Being an Amazon Prime member I was hoping deliveries would improve.
    First bad failure to deliver on time from Amazon was Bordelands 2, it turned up on the Monday AFTER the official Friday release.
    Now it would appear the special edition of Farcry 3 has gone walkabout...here I am on release day...and no game.

I don't live in the middle of nowhere, I'm in South West london a few miles from Heathrow...so not exactly off the beaten track.

I bought it from them as they were the cheapest by about 3.00.
    I wish I'd bought it from Shopto, as my sons copy of vanilla Farcry bought from them turned up on Wednesday of this week. Looks like I'll be sticking with Shopto for anymore pre-orders, Amazons standards APPEAR to have seriously dropped.

I'll just stick with books for Amazon from now on....
  • robthehermit 30 Nov 2012 17:26:18 3,831 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I opted for Super Saver delivery on my copy of Lego Lord of the Rings. Posted last Thursday apparently. It arrived this morning. Slightly better than Zavvi though, they posted Sonic Racing last Tuesday, that arrived this morning as well. Still at least I should have a good weekend.

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• OmniaVincitAmor 30 Nov 2012 17:44:47 1,514 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    Ordered some pans on Monday, fuck knows where they are (no tracking).
    Don't know why but that made me laugh out loud.

Yodel were ok for me. Ordered an s3 through my shit mobile company and turned up next day like they said it would. Just luck I guess.

Defeat is not getting knocked down, but refusing to get back up.

• Deleted user 30 November 2012 18:24:18
    Actually arrived after i left to go work. next door flat as it.

Reckon the never got round to it at the end of yesterday and he just found it at the back of his van.

still for easeof mind going to use collect plus for more valuable stuff from now on. work does it so itmakes sense
  • von_Doll 30 Nov 2012 18:24:33 2,096 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just as a heads up, the last week in November is the start of Xmas pressure for delivery companies. We (by we, I mean Royal Mail) are failing packets (not getting them delivered on time) by one or two days at the moment. I was out until 5:30 yesterday and today delivering packets in my own car, and my depot still had around 100 left to go out.

13-hour days are the perks of management, I guess.

Truth is, despite the re-sign and modernisation at the beginning of the year, our duties aren't working as they should. How Royal Mail will do this Xmas remains to be seen, but with an estimated 100% increase in packets and parcels over last year and pressure to reduce budgets by as much as 30,000 over the five-week pressure period, I'll hazard a guess:

Tits up.

Yes dear, I'm linking your new website everwhere I go. see - www.alldogsgotoerinn.com

• sport 30 Nov 2012 19:06:15 12,046 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    von_Doll wrote:
    Just as a heads up, the last week in November is the start of Xmas pressure for delivery companies. We (by we, I mean Royal Mail) are failing packets (not getting them delivered on time) by one or two days at the moment. I was out until 5:30 yesterday and today delivering packets in my own car, and my depot still had around 100 left to go out.

13-hour days are the perks of management, I guess.

Truth is, despite the re-sign and modernisation at the beginning of the year, our duties aren't working as they should. How Royal Mail will do this Xmas remains to be seen, but with an estimated 100% increase in packets and parcels over last year and pressure to reduce budgets by as much as 30,000 over the five-week pressure period, I'll hazard a guess:

Tits up.
    What you doing posting here?!?! GET DELIVERING!!!!!
  • lavalant 30 Nov 2012 20:38:44 1,249 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm very impressed with Amazon's Prime delivery service, seriously fast, however Far Cry3 is the first game I ordered using it (pre-ordered to arrive on release day) and it's not fucking here.

The main issue is that Amazon send the games out far to late compared to shopto and others.
  • munki83 1 Dec 2012 10:54:05 1,332 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well Far Cry 3 didn't arrive today so I'm glad I got it from Asda will be sending he Amazon copy back to them when it arrives
  • Kostabi 1 Dec 2012 10:57:45 4,668 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've no issues with Amazon but I'm getting a bit sick of my postman constantly dropping my orders at the newsagents because he's to lazy to cross the road, even after I've asked him to check if I'm in first.
  • Deleted user 1 December 2012 11:10:33
    my postman used to do that but leave my stuff with my mum at the school she works in instead of just posting it to the house.
  • Kostabi 1 Dec 2012 11:31:17 4,668 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's not so bad when I'm at work but on the occasional day I've timed my deliveries to coincide with a day off it's annoying. Ho hum. At least it saves me a trip to the black hole of Hell that is the delivery office I suppose.
  • ModishNouns 1 Dec 2012 12:24:08 4,633 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    If you're heaving problems with Amazon, which delivery option do you choose?

I leave the default first class and they have never missed a release day. DX:HR even came a day early.
  • munki83 1 Dec 2012 12:36:43 1,332 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm an amazon prime user so its either next day or free first class posting. Something that I've not had properly the last month or so and has gotten especially bad the last few weeks. In the last week me and my flat mate have not had a single package delivered on time.
  • Deleted user 2 December 2012 19:49:41
    I know this is about delivery, but I bought the Dreamcast Pack on Amazon during the Black Friday deals - $5 for Crazy Taxi, Jet Set Radio, Bass Fishing Whatever, Space Channel 5 and Sonic Adventure. Only JSR came with a Steam key, the rest were download and input serial majobbies. I only got it for JSR, so I wasn't that worried about it.

Anyway, now they've redone the pack, same price, only now -all- the games have Steam keys. I emailed them just asking if the old packs would be given Steam keys too. They replied an hour later, saying that the old packs wouldn't be upgraded, and so they refunded me the $5 (without me even asking for one) and let me keep the games anyway. Amazingly good customer service.
  • munki83 2 Dec 2012 20:12:55 1,332 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The customer service is awesome but its the principle of the shit deliveries that ruins it. I love amazon but thelack of timely deliverys sucks
  • Psychotext 4 Dec 2012 23:40:13 52,797 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
  • Dougs 5 Dec 2012 06:35:11 64,910 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    munki83 wrote:
    I'm an amazon prime user so its either next day or free first class posting. Something that I've not had properly the last month or so and has gotten especially bad the last few weeks. In the last week me and my flat mate have not had a single package delivered on time.
    Getting to be the same here. Seems to have gone downhill quite rapidly in the last year.
  • THFourteen 5 Dec 2012 07:49:57 31,814 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Guess it depends where you live, most of us Londoners on Prime seem to get next day deliveries still.

Hmmm just realised, if i move to a house who is going to be in to sign for my stuffs!!?
  • SuperCoolEskimo 5 Dec 2012 15:49:30 9,533 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Against my better judgement I ordered a router from Amazon, first time I've used them since they messed me about at the beginning of this year.

Ordered it on Sunday, paid extra for first class delivery, estimated delivery date was yesterday. Still not arrived.
  • Dougs 5 Dec 2012 15:57:53 64,910 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    Guess it depends where you live, most of us Londoners on Prime seem to get next day deliveries still.

Hmmm just realised, if i move to a house who is going to be in to sign for my stuffs!!?
    It used to be excellent. I could order something to arrive when I'm definitely in, knowing it would get here. Nowadays its a bit more hit and miss. I am currently waiting for 2 deliveries from DPD, one of which should have arrived yesterday.
  • Deleted user 5 December 2012 16:05:12
    Also i'm noticing with super saver deliveries it is now taken 5 days to get parcels to me. As advertised. Normally it would be 3. Frustrating,
  • Commander Keen 5 Dec 2012 16:13:44 718 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've stopped using Amazon and will continue to do so until they start paying their taxes and just generally being a bit more ethical and not a massive bunch of c*nts.

When I used to use them, I did so quite regularly, and I have to say that the deliveries were always very hit and miss at the best of times. But I also think it's unfair to single out Amazon in this regard as pretty much every courier I've had to deal with has been a total cowboy. 12-hour delivery slots, call centre staff who pretend they can't talk to drivers, and I've even busted red-handed a "you were out" note being filled in on more than one occasion, without them even bothering to ring the bell.

It seems like any kind of delivery pretty crappy in this country to be frank!
  • RyanDS 5 Dec 2012 16:14:04 8,700 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    joelstinton wrote:
    Also i'm noticing with super saver deliveries it is now taken 5 days to get parcels to me. As advertised. Normally it would be 3. Frustrating,
    Day 7 here for me... and still no sign.

I am tempted to have a moan at them, but it is Christmas with the huge increase in deliveries etc so will give them another 2 days.

Definitely nowhere near as good as it used to be though.
  • sport 5 Dec 2012 16:19:19 12,046 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If you guys have a issue with Yodel just PM local.
  • RichieTenenbaum 8 Dec 2012 17:42:45 2,157 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Paid for prime. Only 2 deliveries (all parcelforce) have been on time out of 9 orders so far. Appalling. Worst was today. Ordered a book I need for today, with garenteed delivery today. Not only did it not arrive but shitty link said they'd come and left a card. They clearly hadn't. Get the feeling they do that for stuff they can't deliver on time due to workload etc so amazon still pay them and they're hoping no one will complain or amazon won't get wind of it. Or won't care.
  • onestepfromlost 8 Dec 2012 17:52:29 1,966 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Im not sure if its yodel or someone else but i think a few things ive ordered for amazon have been assigned to a local delivery person and im lucky in the sense she lives across the road facing my flat so she just pops over when she sees the lights are on. I know some of my friends have been having a shit time getting stuff delivered.

Royal mail on the other hand is a pain in the ass for parcels, Im at college during the day and the mrs works long day hours, post usually comes at 11.30 so noone is ever in (unless its thurs when im off college), so it gets put to the delivery office which is open from 7.30 til 1pm when im at college! only other option is arrange redelivery for the thurs, which is a pain if the missed delivery is a friday or i have stuff to do on the thurs. Whatever happened to a morning post??

Edited by onestepfromlost at 17:54:51 08-12-2012
  • Gl3n Moderator 8 Dec 2012 17:56:09 5,168 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Never order earphones from Amazon. I ordered two sets of them new 'EarPods' and both are blatant fakes. I know I only paid half the normal retail price, but they come in new iPhone boxes and i was hopeful.

Fuck you G3 Bits.

PSN: Glendemic Xbox: Gl3n Steam: Gl3n

• Page

of 14 First / Last