Amazon delivery - gone to the dogs? Page 7

  • Page

    of 16 First / Last

  • Daryoon 23 Nov 2012 20:59:05 4,641 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I usually get things faster through super saver delivery than I do first class o_O
  • Psychotext 23 Nov 2012 21:02:10 54,509 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ordered some pans on Monday, fuck knows where they are (no tracking).
  • elvenscroll 23 Nov 2012 21:07:49 1,420 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Its just occurred to me that I could have kept this Vita. HDNL left it on the front porch. No signature, nothing. It just so happens that my other half spotted it and brought it in.

    However, I'm not a thieving pikey so I am arranging a return. Amazon live chat are making me wish I hadn't bothered.

    NNID/PSN - Chipworm

  • kentmonkey 23 Nov 2012 21:13:19 20,800 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    elvenscroll wrote:
    Its just occurred to me that I could have kept this Vita. HDNL left it on the front porch. No signature, nothing. It just so happens that my other half spotted it and brought it in.

    However, I'm not a thieving pikey so I am arranging a return. Amazon live chat are making me wish I hadn't bothered.
    To be honest, not that I advocate stealing but...well, on this occasion I will.

    Amazon are ignoring the feedback and requests from customers to change delivery company. The Yodel 'petition' on Amazon is full of feedback from customers and goes to prove, yet again, that petitions are worthless.

    There are numerous threads on the internet about their delivery service, and again no change.

    Why? Because people keep buying from them, so they can just keep going with the cheapest provider. Yodel.

    Now if people stopped buying, as I have, not because of some 'stick it to the man' crusade but because, frankly, the odd quid I saved wasn't worth the grief of not getting any of my last four parcels within a week, and even at one point of having a Yodel prick walk up my driveway, put a 'you were out' card through my door and walk straight back down it again, running and jumping into his van when I opened the door and shouted at him, it might change.

    Or, if people kept what they had because they don't bother following the instruction of delivering it safely, or getting a signature, they may also change.

    In short, because the above isn't, I'd rather you hadn't said anything and just kept it.
  • elvenscroll 23 Nov 2012 21:18:58 1,420 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I see your point. To be fair though, Amazon were nice enough to refund me weeks ago, despite not having the item back. This enabled me to pop down HMV and buy it rather than waiting for HDNL to get their act together.

    As evidenced, this would have been three weeks!

    Although I understand Amazon have made their own bed by using a frankly shit courier I still would have had reservations about lying to them.

    Edit: I have made them aware that I could have ripped them off but didn't. I suggested they contact HDNL to enquire why they are leaving 200 worth stuff outside a door.

    Edited by elvenscroll at 21:20:58 23-11-2012

    NNID/PSN - Chipworm

  • skuzzbag 23 Nov 2012 21:21:22 5,653 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm confused. What exactly do Yodel delivery monkeys benefit from going right to your house and not even bothering to see if you are in. Do they get a bonus or something for this behaviour?
  • kentmonkey 23 Nov 2012 21:22:53 20,800 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I would normally too, but I've had really shit service from them, no concern over lost parcels and their courier company not bothering to deliver, me taking three days off at one point to receive a parcel because Yodel refused to change the delivery address as they kept claiming 'we're delivering and he isn't there' and Amazon doing shit about it, and well, frankly, they've had enough feedback to do something about it and haven't.
  • elvenscroll 23 Nov 2012 21:33:14 1,420 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    With that kind of history with Amazon I probably would have thought twice! My own has been largely good, other than a few issues with the trade in service.

    Their online chat service however is pretty poor. Is it unreasonable of me to expect a bit of gratitude for not completely fucking them over, which I could have easily done?

    NNID/PSN - Chipworm

  • kentmonkey 23 Nov 2012 21:35:32 20,800 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Their online chat is really abrupt at best.

    'They tell me they tried to deliver'
    'I'm on phone now'
    'They tell me they tried to deliver'
    'You have green door'
    'They tell me you have green door'

    Shit like that. Awful.

    They used to be really good, but now their marketplace sellers are better at the customer experience than Amazon are, and most don't use shitty Yodel either, meaning you get your stuff. Well, mostly, because while the other couriers are better, few are perfect.

    (nobody in my road has a green door. Nobody for at least 1 square mile has a green door, I've checked, seeing as there are only about 50 houses tops in that area.)

    Edited by kentmonkey at 21:36:29 23-11-2012
  • elvenscroll 23 Nov 2012 21:38:30 1,420 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I shall be making an effort to avoid companies that use Yodel/HDNL from now on.

    We had a bit of an experience with Yodel and sports direct a few months back. They claimed they tried to deliver at 2am!

    NNID/PSN - Chipworm

  • kentmonkey 23 Nov 2012 21:40:29 20,800 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Might be worth setting up a website of www.avoidthesecompaniesthatuseyodel.com

    It could be big business.
  • elvenscroll 23 Nov 2012 21:43:39 1,420 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hah, not a bad idea. I dont imagine Yodel would take it well though...

    NNID/PSN - Chipworm

  • kentmonkey 23 Nov 2012 21:47:49 20,800 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I suppose all the people in those comments were lying too! :o)
  • Whizzo 23 Nov 2012 21:49:20 43,228 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I must say since I had a go at them over my PVR all the orders I've placed have either been Royal Mail, CityLink, DPD or UPS no sign of HDNL/Yodel at all thankfully!

    This space left intentionally blank.

  • Zomoniac 23 Nov 2012 21:50:03 7,866 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I ordered 6 things from Amazon yesterday afternoon, sent in separate packages, some sent by RM, some by DPD, some by HDNL. They all arrived by 11 this morning. Maybe I got lucky.
  • kentmonkey 23 Nov 2012 21:51:13 20,800 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @skuzzbag Sorry, just seen this, I've absolutely no idea. I was told by somebody on here that they get delivery quotas, and so if they've hit them on one day, any 'you were outs' go into the next day as freebies and therefore it increases their delivery quota, as they count as deliveries but not on the 'expected' list.

    Sounds far too complicated to be true though. Only explanation I've ever come up with is that it was quicker to do that, than to ring and wait for me to answer. But then driving by without stopping was even quicker. Fuck knows.
  • kentmonkey 23 Nov 2012 21:51:20 20,800 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Post deleted
  • kentmonkey 23 Nov 2012 21:51:30 20,800 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Fix
  • skuzzbag 23 Nov 2012 21:54:07 5,653 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    elvenscroll wrote:
    I shall be making an effort to avoid companies that use Yodel/HDNL from now on.

    We had a bit of an experience with Yodel and sports direct a few months back. They claimed they tried to deliver at 2am!
    They probably did. My wife described one delivery woman to as turning up in a battered old ford estate looking like a crack whore out for her next fix.
  • Psychotext 23 Nov 2012 23:09:46 54,509 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Do you live near me? One of my Yodel drivers is female and goes around in a battered old Granada estate. It's... well, frankly it's amazing the thing still runs.

    Edited by Psychotext at 23:10:08 23-11-2012
  • skuzzbag 23 Nov 2012 23:21:10 5,653 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    South Birmingham? It's just me and local down this way I thought.
  • sport 23 Nov 2012 23:24:10 12,776 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    Do you live near me? One of my Yodel drivers is female and goes around in a battered old Granada estate. It's... well, frankly it's amazing the thing still runs.
    THAT IS LOCAL!!!!
  • Psychotext 23 Nov 2012 23:29:46 54,509 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    lol, no I'm in South Wales. local must be your driver then. ;)
  • sport 23 Nov 2012 23:31:59 12,776 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Poor local, she's just a mum trying to raise her child while fighting her crack addiction. I'm proud she's a Yodel driver!!
  • urban 23 Nov 2012 23:54:58 10,984 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Came home to find Yodel had delivered my Neil Gaiman Sandman series boxset worth 150. They left it sat in front of my door.
  • kentmonkey 24 Nov 2012 15:24:27 20,800 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    urban wrote:
    Came home to find Yodel had delivered my Neil Gaiman Sandman series boxset worth 150. They left it sat in front of my door.
    Careful. You'll be asked to take that down and accused of lying if they read it.
  • Liniert 24 Nov 2012 15:34:20 8 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ordered Hitman yesterday in there sale, was offered a one day trial of Prime next day delivery, it isn't here :/
  • Maturin 24 Nov 2012 15:36:08 3,121 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Hardly any of my prime stuff in recent weeks has arrived next day.
  • mal 24 Nov 2012 21:43:09 22,727 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Unfortunately, I didn't get to see the state of my Yodel delivery man today, because they delivered it to the house two doors down. Still managed to get my signature on it though, which is nice.

    Neighbours 1: Yodel 0

    Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

  • skuzzbag 24 Nov 2012 22:06:48 5,653 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    urban wrote:
    Came home to find Yodel had delivered my Neil Gaiman Sandman series boxset worth 150. They left it sat in front of my door.
    What is this boxset? I'm about to put all my Sandman books on ebay but I'm not expecting much for them. I think there's 10 books.
  • Page

    of 16 First / Last

Log in or register to reply