Amazon delivery - gone to the dogs? Page 5

• Page

of 17 First / Last

• Jmek 17 Sep 2012 11:20:56 1,358 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The postie's just been and no sign of my Avengers blu ray! I'm on prime and any time they send stuff through the regular post it frequently turns up a few days later or not at all.
  • beastmaster 17 Sep 2012 11:36:24 11,992 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Waiting for delivery of my Avengers BR box-set at work. Normally arrives at some point during the day. Certainly not by 1pm or whatever it is.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• caligari 17 Sep 2012 11:38:48 17,194 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Could a mod please change this thread title to something more appropriate?

Something like 'Amazon - the best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be'.
  • Dougs 17 Sep 2012 11:41:24 69,516 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Jmek wrote:
    The postie's just been and no sign of my Avengers blu ray! I'm on prime and any time they send stuff through the regular post it frequently turns up a few days later or not at all.
    Ever complained? My stuff has usually turned up no bother, even with RM.
  • Deleted user 17 September 2012 11:43:01
    If the issue is with RM it seems a bit harsh to blame Amazon.
  • billythekid 17 Sep 2012 11:45:19 11,397 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'd love to be able to choose the courier when I order from Amazon, purely so I'd never have Yodel touch anything of mine ever again.
    Other than that, I've had no problems with Amazon whatsoever.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 17 Sep 2012 11:46:58 39,762 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    My Avengers order from Play turned up on Saturday. I could barely believe it.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Deleted user 17 September 2012 13:05:08
    Had my first real issue with amazon this weekend. Having the walking dead compendium and dvd delivered, but for some reason instead of RM, they decided to send it through a courier. which is mental. they never done that. The only stuff they send through courier is big stuff. Or COD on release day. But also a carrier that i never seen around here. Hermes. So got a email this weekend saying the package is undeliverable and being issued a refund. I been in all week till 4 except for saturday. So they basically havn't bothered to drive down to far west cornwall to deliver it.

Since its a brithday present, i had to re-order and get first class instead of free super saver.

But i order stuff all the time from amazon and its been fine. Had one thing going missing in the christmas rush last year, but they sent out new package (the orginal packaged arrived a day later!)
  • Jmek 17 Sep 2012 13:09:24 1,358 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well the thing is this is a regular occurrence. If they use a courier there's no problem, with Royal Mail there's a good chance it's a no show. We have asked Amazon if they could not use Royal Mail for us but unfortunately it's not possible. It's got to the point we just accept it now.
  • lordofdeadside 17 Sep 2012 13:13:56 1,162 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    billythekid wrote:
    I'd love to be able to choose the courier when I order from Amazon, purely so I'd never have Yodel touch anything of mine ever again.
    Heh, I'm currently sat in waiting for Yodel to come and collect a TV (that arrived broken and a week late courtesy of CityLink). Wish me luck.
  • billythekid 17 Sep 2012 13:17:46 11,397 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    lordofdeadside wrote:
    billythekid wrote:
    Heh, I'm currently sat in waiting for Yodel to come and collect a TV (that arrived broken and a week late courtesy of CityLink). Wish me luck.
    They've probably already sneaked up to your door and stuck a card through it :)
  • beastmaster 17 Sep 2012 13:18:09 11,992 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Got Avergers box-set.

Will still never buy new games from them on launch day.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• caligari 17 Sep 2012 13:31:47 17,194 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    joelstinton wrote:
    But also a carrier that i never seen around here. Hermes. So got a email this weekend saying the package is undeliverable and being issued a refund. I been in all week till 4 except for saturday. So they basically havn't bothered to drive down to far west cornwall to deliver it.

Or that they tried to delivery it after 4:00...or on Saturday, perhaps? :)

The Amazon site doesn't have a 'notes to the courier/state a safe location for your parcel' option, does it?
  • Dougs 17 Sep 2012 13:45:42 69,516 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Hermes are mental. One package was left at the laundrette's round the corner - quite a common occurrence. Others just left on the door-step or behind bins. Still, Avengers has arrived by RM.
  • Deleted user 17 September 2012 15:03:25
    caligari wrote:
    joelstinton wrote:
    But also a carrier that i never seen around here. Hermes. So got a email this weekend saying the package is undeliverable and being issued a refund. I been in all week till 4 except for saturday. So they basically havn't bothered to drive down to far west cornwall to deliver it.

Or that they tried to delivery it after 4:00...or on Saturday, perhaps? :)

The Amazon site doesn't have a 'notes to the courier/state a safe location for your parcel' option, does it?
    Perhaps on sat. Normally they leave a note through the door or leave it next door. I never heard of Hermes before this as well. Normally city link deliver down here. Wonder if it was just a mistake on there end.
  • Rusty_M 17 Sep 2012 15:07:09 4,930 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've only had Hermes once and they were great. Driver left the package under my doormat and called to check that was ok. He then called in the evening to check I'd got it.

I think they're almost like a courier agency in that their drivers are all independent.

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.
    http://www.twitch.tv/rusty_the_robot
    http://twitter.com/Rusty_The_Robot

• Deleted user 17 September 2012 15:10:07
    City Link don't even bother attempting to deliver to mine, they just say they have and don't leave a card.

I've stopped using Amazon until I can use collect +.
  • monkehhh 17 Sep 2012 15:24:27 3,516 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah, Hermes are a self-employed driver thingy - the old driver for my area was about 75 and insane, but he would come at pretty much anytime of the day to suit you (even 6am). The new one looks like he could rip my head off with his bare hands, but after a couple of deliveries he gave me his mobile number and said to call if I had any problems / stuff to return / etc. Really is the luck of the draw with these things I guess.
  • TheSaint 22 Oct 2012 17:32:21 14,829 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've been waiting in all day for a delivery only to have my neighbour call round to let me know they had found a random package in their recycling bin addressed to me. It turns out the HDNL driver had just put it in there without bothering to knock on our doors or leave a card.

I really don't understand why Amazon risk the reputation of their Prime service with HDNL.
  • opalw00t 22 Oct 2012 17:38:03 11,297 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Used Prime for the first time (on a friend's account) - ordered at 10am Thursday for a Friday delivery... was delivered on Saturday to the wrong company in our building. By which point I was already 150 miles away apologising to my brother for his lack of birthday present.

FFS

not a force for good

• Jmek 6 Nov 2012 18:29:18 1,358 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've bitched in the Halo 4 thread and I'm a gonna bitch in this one too! Amazon one again sent my pre -order (Halo 4)in the regular post and once again it's a no show. It only seems to happen to stuff I'm really looking forward to. :confused:
  • ronuds 6 Nov 2012 18:34:24 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    w00t wrote:
    Used Prime for the first time (on a friend's account) - ordered at 10am Thursday for a Friday delivery... was delivered on Saturday to the wrong company in our building. By which point I was already 150 miles away apologising to my brother for his lack of birthday present.

FFS
    I'm sorry, but you only have yourself to blame for waiting until the last minute! I'm sure you lied and told your brother that it had taken longer than a day, too. Don't deny it - I would have done the same.

We all would have.
  • Psychotext 6 Nov 2012 19:40:35 55,032 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hmm... surprised none of my bitching about Yodel is in here.
  • Dougs 6 Nov 2012 19:45:56 69,516 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Interlink delivered some stuff promptly today. They just did it by going into my back garden and leaving it in my shed,which is bang out of order IMO. Had all number of things left on the front step etc. Seems fine if you're in (for some) but you're fucked if you're out
  • Dougs 6 Nov 2012 19:46:04 69,516 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Edit double post

Edited by Dougs at 19:46:31 06-11-2012
  • Deckard2 6 Nov 2012 19:55:40 3,712 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    Hmm... surprised none of my bitching about Yodel is in here.
    Waheeeeeyyy! Yodel have a package of mine. They claimed they tried to deliver it, but left a card. At the office. Where there's always a receptionist. Amazon told me they'd deliver it today instead. They haven't. This is after my previous package never even arrived.

Fuck Yodel, and Amazon.
  • Psychotext 6 Nov 2012 20:53:51 55,032 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    My Yodel driver just throws the package at the door and fucks off.

Next time it happens I'll just say it didn't arrive. I'll keep saying it until they switch me to another courier.
  • Deleted user 7 November 2012 08:13:47
    I've never had a problem with Amazon before yesterday. Pre-ordered Halo 4 on October 10th, it was dispatched first class Monday morning and I didn't get it. I'm not really going to blame Amazon, it's shitty Royal Mail that's at fault.

If it comes in the post today, after it's dropped through the letterbox I'll open the door and punch Mr. Postie in the face.
  • Page

of 17 First / Last