Amazon delivery - gone to the dogs? Page 37

• Page

of 38 First / Last

• NotBdaggers 5 Dec 2017 14:53:09 171 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Working from home today, get an email saying that the courier had tried to deliver to me but no-one was home. I've been home all day.

Lying bastards.

Half hour phone call to Amazon customer service and they have promised to another deliver after 6 tomorrow. They've had my money since Black Friday. Service is shit.
  • D_arkTrooper 5 Dec 2017 18:27:26 1,460 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    A while back I ordered a couple of music cd’s. It was an Amazon Prime next day delivery jobbie. The disks arrived on time but we found the courier driver bod had managed to break the flap off the letter box. Contacted Amazon about it and they happily re-sent the EXACT same cd’s as compensation.

Thanks Amazon.....thanks very much.
  • superbob85 5 Dec 2017 20:17:06 8,201 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Amazon customer service are a nightmare. Had a similar experience took all day to get through. Gone off ordering from them.
  • NotBdaggers 6 Dec 2017 15:15:44 171 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Fuck me.

They've just emailed me to say that they failed to deliver today because no one was home. At 3pm.

When I had a promise from them that they would do the redelivery after 6pm today.

What a bunch of Muppets.
  • Zomoniac 6 Dec 2017 15:50:40 9,470 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    On the upside, their continuing fucking up of my non-urgent Christmas present deliveries followed by some complaints to their web chat has seen me with three months of Prime and two £5 account credits in the last week. I think I prefer it if they're a day late if it's non-urgent, I always profit from it.
  • Zomoniac 6 Dec 2017 16:45:50 9,470 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    So the Yodel delivery that I've "not been in" for three times was out for delivery again today. When it got to 3 deliveries before mine I went and stood on the street, hitting refresh for 20 minutes until it said "you were out, we left a card". I now have a bleeding hand and a dented filing cabinet. And no parcel.
  • Rivuzu 6 Dec 2017 17:40:47 16,737 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Just had HZD: Complete Edition moved back on delivery by Amazon. The fucking cock sleeves. I put that preorder in two weeks ago. You'd of like to think they'd know stock allocation a fucking fortnight ahead of time.

Off to Smyths I go, for a penny cheaper and small delay. Whatev. If I wasn't getting free Prime, I'd riot.
  • PazJohnMitch 6 Dec 2017 19:07:39 13,020 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Zomoniac

The Eastern European Driver might not be able to read very well and the lady 2 roads down now has a pile of you were not in cards.

I live in a massonette and delivery drivers of all types continually fail to differentiate between my residence and upstairs who have their own separate front door. It is not like we are 23A and 23B either, we have unique numbers. (As does the other 45 identical buildings on the road).
  • greg_wha 6 Dec 2017 19:19:47 1,000 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Rivuzu wrote:
    Just had HZD: Complete Edition moved back on delivery by Amazon. The fucking cock sleeves. I put that preorder in two weeks ago. You'd of like to think they'd know stock allocation a fucking fortnight ahead of time.

Off to Smyths I go, for a penny cheaper and small delay. Whatev. If I wasn't getting free Prime, I'd riot.
    Same here, but I only ordered it on Saturday. I’d been checking for the listing to preorder since the announcement pretty often but didn’t see the Complete version available until last weekend.
    Sod it l’m just gonna wait until the 21st, they’ll honour the 32 quid price and that’s the day I break off work for Xmas so it’ll be my Christmas game.
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 6 Dec 2017 19:47:09 2,794 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    This fear, particularly with it being December, is why I asked for my Xenoblade LE to go to a shop pickup which I hope is safer...

Unlike preorders earlier in the year (Breath of the Wild and Nier Automata) they haven't automatically sent me a £5 voucher for it being late just a warning email the day before the release date. Maybe I need to actively moan this time.
  • GuybrushThreepwood 6 Dec 2017 20:18:39 1,383 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    Had my replacement boxes turn up today. Smashed through the side of two of them. I've complained... Yet again
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 6 Dec 2017 20:57:32 2,794 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Late post I can understand, damaged post is pretty unforgivable. I did receive a big box last week with a a massive dent in the side from the postie (not Amazon) which was to be signed for. I checked contents before signing which were thankfully well protected by airbags.

Weirdest one ever was a paperback book I had ordered from ebay. Found the book under the letterbox one morning (inside), never did see the packaging. The book was fully intact too. At that house we did have a crazy postwoman who would try and squeeze oversized parcels through the letterbox rather than ring the doorbell (and denied it one day when we opened the door with the parcel halfway through...). Thanksfully we have a better postie now. I do always worry about anything from Amazon/Hermes though. Luckily I live in an out of the way road so the parcels left on steps are relatively safe.
  • NotBdaggers 6 Dec 2017 21:32:42 171 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Promised redelivery didn't make it. Fifth call to Amazon customer service !

£5 account credit for the first cock up.

£25 credit for the cocked up second delivery (I kicked off and spoke to a supervisor on that call)

Just been given a £10 credit for the latest delivery fuck up.

Considering the Chromebook only cost £179.99 to start with, (and I've now had £40 in pay offs) if they keep this service up, I'll be quids in by next week.

Cocks.
  • Psychotext 7 Dec 2017 18:03:48 62,167 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Three orders placed (Prime) in the last few days. Earliest any of them will arrive is Monday. They're all in stock.

Top job!
  • mal 7 Dec 2017 20:02:54 28,662 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Even the normal postman (royal mail, or whoever actually runs these things these days) has taken to delivering all the mail from a group of about ten houses to the first one he comes across. I guess volumes have shot up now they've got to deliver cards as well as the fraction of online packages that get delivered that way too, and the cheap bastards haven't split up routes and employed more temp workers to cover the load. Maybe the same applies to Amazon logistics drivers, who in my experience have to cover much larger areas at the best of times.
  • NotBdaggers 7 Dec 2017 20:19:27 171 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Parcel delivered to my neighbour at 10am today. It was promised after 6pm, lucky he was around.

I really believe that they were lying about the failed deliveries, we had no 'missed you' cards.

All's well that ends well.
  • NotBdaggers 8 Dec 2017 14:01:59 171 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Just opened the box to set up the Chrome book for my son. Inside the box is a nappy bag - no Chromebook. Correct lable was on the box, even said Warning Lithium Ion battery.

Another phone call to Amazon and I'm told they will do an investigation but they won't send out a replacement again in case the same thing happens.

In other words - get fucked.

I'm getting my refund then cancelling Amazon Prime. Useless tossers.
  • superbob85 8 Dec 2017 14:08:34 8,201 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Wasn't there a story recently about a women who ordered a switch for Christmas opened box to find a box of daz inside. Going off ordering from Amazon after every week.

Edited by superbob85 at 14:12:25 08-12-2017
  • NotBdaggers 8 Dec 2017 14:11:24 171 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Amazingly shit service.

Maybe someone has received a Chromebook when they ordered a nappy bag ?
  • BigOrkWaaagh 8 Dec 2017 14:13:47 6,942 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I guess this is what happens when you pay people peanuts and work them into the ground.
  • superbob85 8 Dec 2017 14:18:42 8,201 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Very true reading the stories about them having timed toilet breaks. Something needs to change there needs to be a union to stop this happening
  • NotBdaggers 8 Dec 2017 15:29:34 171 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Agree with the comments above about people being paid poorly and treated bad.

I'll be voting with my feet, but I just don't see how Amazon will come around to looking after their staff.
  • Bionic_Pixel 11 Dec 2017 08:35:38 105 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    I ordered 3 Blu-rays from Amazon on Sunday, which qualified for free postage.

This morning, I’ve received an email stating that they’ve despatched 2 of the Blu-rays (presumably because 1 of the Blu-rays is out of stock) and billed me for shipping as per Amazon’s policy - wtf!?

What they should do is either not bill me shipping, or hold off until all 3 Blu-rays are in stock :)

Not wanting to phone Amazon at my expense, time, not to mention probably having to navigate a never ending automated system - the aim now is to find contact details. As with most online companies, they like to hide contact details, preferring the customer to read ‘self help’ pages, with the usual: Did you find the answer you were looking for questionnaire at the end? ‘no’ being the most common response.

This is where Google becomes king. Google the usual ‘how to contact (company name’)’ usually leads to many pages of people asking the same question. Usually someone has bothered to post ‘how to..’ instructions. These instructions sometimes work, sometimes don’t work, as companies like to move pages around, or simply remove the info.

On the contrary, paying for something online, tends to be so much simpler. Funny that ;)

/rant over. Let Monday begin! ..but first, another coffee! :D
  • mrpon 11 Dec 2017 08:45:09 33,805 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Try web chat here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/contact-us?

I always have success. If you don't, you're terrible with words!

:D
  • LelandPalmer 11 Dec 2017 09:05:12 159 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    NotBdaggers wrote:
    Agree with the comments above about people being paid poorly and treated bad.

I'll be voting with my feet, but I just don't see how Amazon will come around to looking after their staff.
    You'll be back. They always come back.
  • gooner77 11 Dec 2017 09:46:14 1,202 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I stopped using Amazon at Christmas time a couple of years ago. They are just useless at deliveries and explaining why deliveries have failed.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 11 Dec 2017 10:28:52 2,118 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I've only used Amazon for two small, low-price novelty Christmas gifts this year. 95% of my Christmas shopping, both by bulk and by value, has been done on the high street.

Admittedly, I live 5 mins walk from a major shopping centre, so this isn't too difficult for me. But it's still a big shift from two years ago, when Amazon delivery was more reliable and I probably did 75% of my Christmas shopping with them (despite living in the same place I do now).
  • Bionic_Pixel 11 Dec 2017 11:29:41 105 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    mrpon wrote:
    Try web chat here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/contact-us?

I always have success. If you don't, you're terrible with words!

:D
    All sorted now. Amazon have agreed to refund p&p as they admit they made a mistake. I wonder how many more people are ripped off this way and don’t do anything about it?

It will take 5-6 days for the refund to process?

The fact remains, once I’ve paid for an item under the agreed terms, what right do Amazon have accessing my bank-account after the deal has been done?
  • superbob85 11 Dec 2017 11:46:56 8,201 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Only use Amazon for the odd game here and there read something over the weekend that the drivers have to deliver 200 parcels a day.
  • LelandPalmer 11 Dec 2017 11:48:59 159 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    Just remember when you try to use someone other than Amazon you get this. Still waiting for a replacement.

Edited by LelandPalmer at 11:53:12 11-12-2017
  • Page

of 38 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.