Amazon delivery - gone to the dogs? Page 36

• Page

of 38 First / Last

• MadCaddy13 30 Nov 2017 07:24:45 2,676 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The_Goon wrote:

Ordered Bulletstorm from Amazon (not a third party seller). Wtf?
    Warehouse or brand new?
  • The_Goon 30 Nov 2017 09:25:47 626 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @MadCaddy13 Brand new!
  • BigOrkWaaagh 30 Nov 2017 09:30:53 6,942 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    GuybrushThreepwood wrote:
    Ordered some boxes. They said they were delivered. I checked the delivery tracking information and they were apparently delivered to somewhere in another county by yodel.

Muppets.
    They were right when they said they were delivered. What more do you want?!
  • JamesUK 30 Nov 2017 12:49:07 650 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Is it possible that the delivery date information contained in an Amazon email can change whilst it's sat in your inbox?. I'm not sure how email tech works, is it set in stone once it's been sent or is it pulling information from amazon servers?

I was going to message them about a late delivery. I made a Prime One day delivery order late on Sunday night and I'm sure that the email stated that delivery would be on Tuesday. I've just looked at the email and it says that it's arriving Wed (which it did).

Edited by JamesUK at 12:49:46 30-11-2017
  • Psychotext 30 Nov 2017 14:09:56 62,167 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    If it's a HTML email, yes, it can update via the web.
  • JamesUK 30 Nov 2017 16:30:20 650 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ta. Maybe I'm not imagining it. I'll contact Amazon later and see what they say.
    I'm not bothered about it being late and my experience of Amazon delivery is pretty good. But from what I've read it's common place for Amazon to compensate late deliveries with an extra month of prime added to your sub.

Edited by JamesUK at 16:31:13 30-11-2017
  • NotBdaggers 30 Nov 2017 18:46:53 171 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Amazon Prime Guaranteed delivery on Wednesday has now turned into 'check back on Saturday'.

Grrrrr
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 30 Nov 2017 19:12:05 2,118 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Amazon delivery does typically get a bit shit(ter) this time of year.

You might get comepnsation for a late delivery by means of a Prime extension. I've had a couple myself. But by and large, that's only for fairly high value orders, or where the delivery is substantially late. I wouldn't hold your breath over a 24 hour delay.
  • NotBdaggers 30 Nov 2017 22:34:03 171 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Order was £180 value, placed on Friday (the Black). Typical delivery would be expected on Monday, but Wed ain't too bad, considering. Waiting to see when it actually does arrive ....

Chatting to a mate tonight, he's had two missed deliveries of a 50inch TV in the last week. Both times Amazon stating it was delivered, but neither time it actually was delivered.
  • Nazo 30 Nov 2017 22:37:51 722 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    JamesUK wrote:
    Is it possible that the delivery date information contained in an Amazon email can change whilst it's sat in your inbox?. I'm not sure how email tech works, is it set in stone once it's been sent or is it pulling information from amazon servers?
    No. An image could be remotely hosted and changed but, text is fixed. If it weren't, email would be fundamentally untrustworthy and useless.
  • mal 30 Nov 2017 23:08:18 28,662 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    If your email client supports javascript, they could pull all sort of DHTML shenanigans. No idea if any do though, I read most of my emails in plain text still. And I've just checked the source of my latest HTML amazon dispatch email, and it's got CSS but no Javascript.

And even if the page was dynamically generated the text portion would be unaltered. Most email programs let you look at the different parts of email messages, and amazon messages all have the text part still.
  • Psychotext 1 Dec 2017 00:40:26 62,167 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    My company does it. I know a number of delivery companies do it to.

But yeah, if it's text in the original email you get, it's staying that way (we do it with CSS and dynamically generated images).
  • Psychotext 2 Dec 2017 15:55:19 62,167 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Seems things could be worse than their normal delivery service...

http://www.kcra.com/article/video-amazon-contractor-defecates-in-front-of-sacramento-home-2/13989485
  • Zomoniac 2 Dec 2017 17:24:43 9,470 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    6 of my last 8 Amazon deliveries have been late. An eBuyer order on Wednesday with paid for next day was twice ‘attempted’ by Yodel (it wasn’t, I was in and no card was left), and today an Insert Coin delivery was apparently delivered by Royal Mail (it wasn’t, no card left and not with any neighbours).

Perhaps I should just go back to using the high street. Until online retailers all start using DPD I’m not convinced it’s any less hassle to just go to a shop. Certainly a lot less frustrating than having to deal with couriers.
  • GuybrushThreepwood 2 Dec 2017 19:23:04 1,383 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    My delivery turned up. No note or anything and it's been trashed. Looks like they dumped it somewhere and after I complained delivered it.
  • freddymercurystwin 4 Dec 2017 12:01:41 1,266 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've had 18 deliveries in the last month, all delivered on time. Though I am having them delivered to a business address which I accept may help. Not much has been next day but then I've only just joined Prime so I wasn't expecting next day for much as nowadays Prime clearly doesn't promise that. I guess I would be pissed if I'd joined Prime from the start when it promised the earth and I'd seen the service decline.

Edited by freddymercurystwin at 12:02:34 04-12-2017
  • NotBdaggers 4 Dec 2017 13:09:27 171 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Amazon Customer service calmly accepted that my delivery wasn't ever going to make it, and are sending out a replacement. One month Prime subs as compensation. There is a Chromebook out there somewhere without a home.

They know im not going to cancel the delivery cos the purchase was a Black Friday deal and I won't get that price elsewhere ......
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 4 Dec 2017 13:33:06 2,118 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @freddymercurystwin I think it's a bit of a postcode lottery. My parents live in a sparsely populated rural area and get a pretty great service. But that seems to be entirely down to the fact that Amazon Logistics uses a single, regular (and reliable) driver to cover their village.

The decline in my part of outer London suburbia over the past 18 months or so has been pretty shocking.
  • dwalker109 4 Dec 2017 13:45:07 86 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I ordered some expensive (£300) headphone on Black Friday, from Amazon. Got a notification on delivery day saying "delivered to neighbour, Charlie at number 12".

There is no number 12. Parcel was sat on my doorstep in the snow when I got home, 5 hours later.

Was tempted to claim no delivery, but didn't, because the item was fine and I'm too damn nice.
  • DFawkes Friendliest Forumite, 2016 4 Dec 2017 14:08:59 31,575 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I had a parcel delivered to Andy in Room R.m in my office building recently. There is no room R.m. There is no Andy in any office in this building. I contacted Amazon to query it and they got back to me with a message saying "We can confirm it was successfully delivered to your neighbour Andy in Room R.m". Yeah, thanks for confirming it went to the person I told you isn't here, in the room that doesn't exist. To be fair to Amazon they did offer a full refund once I explained that part, but I thought I'd give it a few days just in case.

Fortunately, the guy that it was delivered to brought it round when he was quiet later that week. It has went to a separate building down the road. To be fair, it was signed for by Andy in that entirely separate, non-neighbouring building. Still no Room R.m in either building though.
  • PatrickEwing 4 Dec 2017 15:06:39 2,337 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I had to laugh the other day, ordered a crafty kids crimbo present other day, only 1 review on Amazon for it and it was only 1 star as the review said the package arrived in badly damaged packaging with Polish language packaging and instructions.
    Took a punt on ordering it anyway so a couple of days later I received a tatty as hell item, courier labels slapped all over the box itelf, completely damaged on all corners (no outer box) top flap not sealed and all packaging and internal instructions in Polish.

This business of deducting returns postage costs from the full refund value is a bit BS too.
  • y2rich 4 Dec 2017 15:11:35 3,165 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ordered from Amazon on Friday and thank god it wasn’t delivered by Logistics in Saturday. It was Hermes but at least they showed up
  • The_Goon 4 Dec 2017 15:27:27 626 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Not the first time but Amazon cocked up a delivery for my wife by not including a second item of clothing in her package. As it was a lightning deal, however, they cannot supply said item at the lightning deal price and she will have to pay full whack to get it...bizarre logic on their part.
  • Zomoniac 5 Dec 2017 10:29:22 9,470 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Neither of my two Amazon deliveries due yesterday showed up (separate drivers).

My eBuyer delivery that was split into five shipments, two Parcelforce and three Yodel and was for delivery last Thursday, still hasn't arrived. One of the Yodel ones came on time, Parcelforce and Yodel keep saying they've tried delivery but nobody has ever been and no card has been left from anyone. eBuyer don't care, they have some of the worst customer service I've ever had to deal with.

And my Insert Coin order never showed up. At least they were decent about it and just sent out a replacement, hopefully that one arrives.

I feel like I've done something to anger the courier gods.
  • Spectral 5 Dec 2017 11:13:07 5,728 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I stopped using Ebuyer years ago after they outright lied regarding a refund
  • Zomoniac 5 Dec 2017 11:24:17 9,470 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've used them a few times before over the years and not had a problem, but after this I'll certainly never use them again. I see Overclockers offer DPD so I'll be using them for everything in future.
  • Spectral 5 Dec 2017 11:28:05 5,728 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Yeah, I used them a lot before I had trouble with them. They have some good prices and its all fine until something goes wrong, then they are a pain in the arse.

Edited by Spectral at 11:36:57 05-12-2017
  • y2rich 5 Dec 2017 12:32:55 3,165 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I don’t mind using eBuyer as they’re Collect+ so I can get it delivered to the shop next to my office
  • Spectral 5 Dec 2017 12:34:45 5,728 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    They're great so long as nothing goes wrong. But their customer service is absolutely terrible.
  • Zomoniac 5 Dec 2017 12:35:07 9,470 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    One of my Yodel deliveries just turned up even though the tracker said it was at the depot. Driver said he didn't know anything about a second box.
  • Page

of 38 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.