Ninja Gaiden Sigma

  • Page

    of 13 First / Last

    Previous
  • Blerk Moderator 20 Sep 2006 09:17:59 48,225 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Tecmo has confirmed 'Ninja Gaiden Sigma' for the PS3 in this week's Famitsu, apparently.

    No details yet aside from you'll be controlling a lady called 'Rachel'. Which is a good, honest Japanese Ninja-like name.

    No, I don't know if there's a 360 version.

    Story's on Gamefront's front page if anyone reads German.
  • Genji 20 Sep 2006 09:21:25 19,689 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Rachel was in the Xbox Ninja Gaiden, yes? Some useless demon hunter lady.
  • Onny 20 Sep 2006 09:21:31 5,697 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Isn't "Rachel" the girl with the massive axe-hammer thing from Ninja Gaiden on xbox?

    EDIT: Pesky slow typing skills.

    Edited by Onny at 09:21:01 20-09-2006
  • Blerk Moderator 20 Sep 2006 09:25:06 48,225 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I dunno man, I never played that there Ninja Gaiden.
  • urizen 20 Sep 2006 09:27:46 2,158 posts
    Seen 18 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Onny wrote:
    Isn't "Rachel" the girl with the massive axe-hammer thing from Ninja Gaiden on xbox?

    EDIT: Pesky slow typing skills.

    Edited by Onny at 09:21:01 20-09-2006

    Indeed - though that's not the massive asset of hers that first springs to mind :-)

    /schoolboy snigger
  • Genji 20 Sep 2006 09:28:30 19,689 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I question her ninja credentials. How can you call the game Ninja Gaiden if the PC isn't a ninja?

    Huh?
  • itamae 20 Sep 2006 09:32:00 9,885 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Rachel. Slighty NSFW by the way. There's another cutscene featuring a tentacle monster with Rachel covered in vaseline, but I can't find it right now. :-)
  • Blerk Moderator 20 Sep 2006 09:32:10 48,225 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    This thread isn't nearly as awash with 360 fanboy frothing as I'd hoped it was going to be. :-(

    Must try harder!
  • Pirotic Moderator 20 Sep 2006 09:33:10 20,647 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    urizen wrote:
    Onny wrote:
    Isn't "Rachel" the girl with the massive axe-hammer thing from Ninja Gaiden on xbox?

    EDIT: Pesky slow typing skills.

    Edited by Onny at 09:21:01 20-09-2006

    Indeed - though that's not the massive asset of hers that first springs to mind :-)

    /schoolboy snigger

    picture for the people too crap at videogames to ever reach her
  • urizen 20 Sep 2006 09:34:46 2,158 posts
    Seen 18 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    PS3 is for teh gheys
  • Load_2.0 20 Sep 2006 09:36:58 19,356 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Female ninja's? Whatever next? The vote?

  • Dexter 20 Sep 2006 09:37:08 1,060 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Blerk, do you have the RSS feed from every game site on the internet fed directly into your brain? Or do you sit in front of a Wargames style command centre all day F5ing loads of websites?
  • Pirotic Moderator 20 Sep 2006 09:37:25 20,647 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Load "$" wrote:
    Female ninja's? Whatever next? The vote?


    she could jump infront of my horse anytime!
  • Deleted user 20 September 2006 09:39:33
    Blerk wrote:
    Tecmo has confirmed 'Ninja Gaiden Sigma' for the PS3 in this week's Famitsu, apparently.

    No details yet aside from you'll be controlling a lady called 'Rachel'. Which is a good, honest Japanese Ninja-like name.

    No, I don't know if there's a 360 version.

    Story's on Gamefront's front page if anyone reads German.

    Good news for PS3 owners!

    It sounds like it is a spin-off, I would be surprised if Ninja Gaiden 2 is not 360 bound.
  • Blerk Moderator 20 Sep 2006 09:40:09 48,225 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Dexter wrote:
    Blerk, do you have the RSS feed from every game site on the internet fed directly into your brain? Or do you sit in front of a Wargames style command centre all day F5ing loads of websites?
    You have a picture of my desk! Security!
  • Pirotic Moderator 20 Sep 2006 09:40:21 20,647 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    LeDilettante wrote:
    Blerk wrote:
    Tecmo has confirmed 'Ninja Gaiden Sigma' for the PS3 in this week's Famitsu, apparently.

    No details yet aside from you'll be controlling a lady called 'Rachel'. Which is a good, honest Japanese Ninja-like name.

    No, I don't know if there's a 360 version.

    Story's on Gamefront's front page if anyone reads German.

    Good news for PS3 owners!

    It sounds like it is a spin-off, I would be surprised if Ninja Gaiden 2 is not 360 bound.

    Nah, it's just not an exclusive.
  • Load_2.0 20 Sep 2006 09:43:22 19,356 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Pirotic wrote:
    Load "$" wrote:
    Female ninja's? Whatever next? The vote?


    she could jump infront of my horse anytime!

    Is that a ninja tactic? It certainly seems a bit hit and miss like if the horse did'nt stop.... wait a minute.... horse oh I see, yeah hot. Me too.

  • itamae 20 Sep 2006 09:44:33 9,885 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Pirotic wrote:
    Load "$" wrote:
    Female ninja's? Whatever next? The vote?
    she could jump infront of my horse anytime!
    Speaking of female ninjas, has anyone else seen the Tenchu Senran trailers over at gametrailers.com? The single-player campaign seems to be ropey as hell (as usual), but the multiplayer mode looks genuinely entertaining.
  • Retroid Moderator 20 Sep 2006 09:53:56 44,803 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Blerk wrote:
    Dexter wrote:
    Blerk, do you have the RSS feed from every game site on the internet fed directly into your brain? Or do you sit in front of a Wargames style command centre all day F5ing loads of websites?
    You have a picture of my desk! Security!
    Can't be yours. It doesn't have rubber keys!
  • Blerk Moderator 20 Sep 2006 10:21:13 48,225 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    More details. Despite the bad translation, it sounds more like a remake of the original Xbox Ninja Gaiden than a true sequel.

    "The heroine Rachel should be playable, new levels and a revised combat system was added. Graphics and production are to be improved substantially. In addition, there are new weapons and the ability to fight with two swords at the same time."
  • Deleted user 20 September 2006 10:22:30
    Got more details off jeux-france.com

    "According to Famitsu it is actually a 'complete edition' of Ninja Gaiden... Racheal will be a playable character, the combat system will be enhanced, graphics will enhanced, new weapons will be available, it will be possible to use two katanas at the same time, etc."

    So not a proper sequel, more of a remixed version. Still good news for the PS3!

    Edit: Blerk beat me to it!


    Edited by LeDilettante at 10:22:31 20-09-2006
  • Blerk Moderator 20 Sep 2006 10:29:08 48,225 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I win! \o/

    :-)
  • Universal_Hamster 20 Sep 2006 10:39:21 4,948 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Jesus! I actually predicted this, I refrained from posting this notion as I didnt want to appear a cynical asshole.
  • urizen 20 Sep 2006 10:47:36 2,158 posts
    Seen 18 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    That's quite rubbish.

    Still, nice for Sony heads who have never played NG, as it is after all utterly fantastic.
  • Deleted user 20 September 2006 10:51:14
    urizen wrote:
    That's quite rubbish.

    Still, nice for Sony heads who have never played NG, as it is after all utterly fantastic.

    +1

    I don't think it's rubbish at all, it's quite possibly the best action game ever, so PS3 owners should rejoice.

    Still no new of NG2, whatever the platform though. :(
  • Blerk Moderator 20 Sep 2006 10:53:28 48,225 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Gamefront are now reporting that it is Team Ninja working on it, so you might be in for quite a wait for a true sequel.
  • urizen 20 Sep 2006 10:55:57 2,158 posts
    Seen 18 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Feck, now that *is* rubbish news, if true. :-(

    I wouldn't mind so much if I could just replay NG, but there's no bloody sound when I try it out on my 360.
  • Messiac 20 Sep 2006 10:56:30 3,465 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This is very bad - not really a Ninja Gaiden game in my opinion unless you control Ryu Hayabusa. Please let it be a silly PS3 spin off and let us have the proper sequel to NG on the 360.

    Rachel was completely useless in Ninja Gaiden - she isnt even Ninjaesque in her fighting style or technique - bloody big hammer and a grappling hook.

    Bring back Ryu.....
  • jiveguy 20 Sep 2006 10:57:32 843 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    FUN WILL NOT BE HAD ON NON SONY PRODUCTS!


    Team Ninja are capable of working on multiple games at once, aren't they?

    Live: BocoGuy | Steam: jiveguy | Origin: Boco

  • Page

    of 13 First / Last

    Previous
Log in or register to reply