House Page 4

• Page

of 40 First / Last

• ecureuil 20 May 2007 13:03:34 76,482 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ja_Long wrote:
    ecureuil wrote:
    Lost too has really well written characters and dialogue.

*sniggers*

Sure it does.

It does. Characters, are certainly very well written and fleshed out. I know you (and a lot of people) started to hate Lost when it became so popular, but it's an excellent show.
  • Whizzo 20 May 2007 13:05:25 43,032 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:I know you (and a lot of people) started to hate Lost when it became complete shit, but it's turned itself around and is now a much better show.
    Fixed.

Lost was popular from day one, it didn't "become" popular so therefore became cool to hate. The writers did.

This space left intentionally blank.

• ecureuil 20 May 2007 13:08:17 76,482 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Whizzo wrote:
    ecureuil wrote:I know you (and a lot of people) started to hate Lost when it became complete shit, but it's turned itself around and is now a much better show.
    Fixed.

Lost was popular from day one, it didn't "become" popular so therefore became cool to hate. The writers did.

Well, that's true. There were only a handful of episodes that weren't that good, though. At the moment, it's just pure quality TV.

And when I said "when it became popular", I was talking about S1 when it first started.

Edited by ecureuil at 13:08:55 20-05-2007
  • ecureuil 20 May 2007 13:19:55 76,482 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ja_Long wrote:
    Meh.

It could be the most unpopular thing ever and it'd still be shit.

Don't really get how people can dislike TV shows so much. Why did you watch it if you didn't like the idea of it? Why did you keep watching it if you thought it was shit? And if you didn't watch it enough, how could you form a decent opinion of the quality of the show?
  • ecureuil 30 May 2007 14:34:20 76,482 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    And it's over!

Wow, what an episode. I fucking love this show. I feel like standing up and applauding at the end of every episode.
  • T.G. 30 May 2007 14:51:24 5,989 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    :( Bastard. Can't find linkage anywhere yet... ;_;
  • ecureuil 30 May 2007 14:52:20 76,482 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Torrent it, it's all over the place.
  • T.G. 30 May 2007 14:56:07 5,989 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I can't do torrents. ;_;
  • T.G. 30 May 2007 15:20:45 5,989 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    TV-links generally. :/ It's a shitty solution, I know, but I tried torrenting once and I just could not get it to work for me. It seems like something well suited to PC gamers who can fiddle and tune their PCs all day long with a smile on their face. Me, I get enraged within 15 minutes.

;_;
  • ecureuil 30 May 2007 15:21:06 76,482 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ja_Long wrote:
    How do you watch TV then?

TV links, probably. It's alright if you like watching in 320x240. :D
  • ecureuil 30 May 2007 15:21:33 76,482 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    T.G. wrote:
    TV-links generally. :/ It's a shitty solution, I know, but I tried torrenting once and I just could not get it to work for me. It seems like something well suited to PC gamers who can fiddle and tune their PCs all day long with a smile on their face. Me, I get enraged within 15 minutes.

;_;

Err.. not really, it's very simple.
  • Lukus 30 May 2007 15:23:38 18,996 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ahh, seeing as how this thread has popped up, I have something I'd like to ask-

Ch5 have been repeating House recently during the day and Caught one a few days ago but missed the end.
    Basically there was a bloke who was ill but they couldn't find out what was wrong with him (like in every other episode. I don't think I could be more vague), then he started day dreaming about his dead cat, so they dug it up and House cut it open. Then I didn't see the rest. And it really pissed me off cos I wanted to know what happened. So can someone tell me what happened please? :)

Paintings & Photographs

• Lutz 30 May 2007 15:24:42 48,854 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Lukus wrote:
    Ahh, seeing as how this thread has popped up, I have something I'd like to ask-
    They have?!

When? I missed last Thusdays episode!

/realises it's Wednesday.

Git.
  • Lutz 30 May 2007 15:25:55 48,854 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Lukus wrote:
    Basically there was a bloke who was ill but they couldn't find out what was wrong with him (like in every other episode. I don't think I could be more vague), then he started day dreaming about his dead cat, so they dug it up and House cut it open. Then I didn't see the rest. And it really pissed me off cos I wanted to know what happened. So can someone tell me what happened please? :)
    Erm, that's a pretty old one.

It was to do with the insectiside IIRC. It had got into his fat cells. That was why he was getting iller (?) in hospital: His body was burning up the fat.

At least, I think that's the same episode.
  • T.G. 30 May 2007 15:31:55 5,989 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Ja_Long:
    Error! Port 3***3 does not appear to be open. Please see www.portforward.com for more information about how to map a port.

Please make absolutely sure that PeerGuardian2 or Protowall is allowing utorrent.com (**.**.**.***) in either of those programs. Those of you using ipfilter.dat should make sure the list does not include the website's IP. After making sure of this, re-run this test by refreshing the page (F5).
    >:/
  • ecureuil 30 May 2007 15:42:08 76,482 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Do you know how to access your router?

You should still be able to download, even with that message, it will just be very slow.

Edited by ecureuil at 15:42:53 30-05-2007
  • Lukus 30 May 2007 16:30:30 18,996 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Lutz wrote:
    Lukus wrote:
    Erm, that's a pretty old one.

It was to do with the insectiside IIRC. It had got into his fat cells. That was why he was getting iller (?) in hospital: His body was burning up the fat.

At least, I think that's the same episode.
    Yeah it must be, cheers Lutz. I really wanted to see what he came up with! :p I've not really watched it much before, but I'm enjoying the odd repeat if I'm not working. They're showing them around 12.30 daytime. And I'm sure they're not bothering to censor them either!

Paintings & Photographs

• Official-Capcom-Guy 30 May 2007 16:41:41 425 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The one with the fat cells was a termite infestation, wasn't it?
    They gave off some sort of poison which was stored in his fat cells, and he hated the hospital food so he was using up his fat reserves and poisoning himself.
  • Lukus 30 May 2007 16:46:22 18,996 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Interesting! House is a very similar format to Columbo, just with germs instead of spivs.

Paintings & Photographs

• T.G. 30 May 2007 22:55:48 5,989 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Jut saw episode 24 there... ;_; What now?! Game over man, it's game over!!! /Hudson
  • Whizzo 30 May 2007 22:58:04 43,032 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Lukus wrote:
    Interesting! House is a very similar format to Columbo, just with germs instead of spivs.
    A rather older detective is the basis of Holmes, I mean House's creation.

• Whizzo 30 May 2007 23:00:01 43,032 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    T.G. wrote:
    Jut saw episode 24 there... ;_; What now?! Game over man, it's game over!!! /Hudson
    One thing House has a habit of doing is hitting the reset button at the end of an arc, give it a bunch of episodes next season and things will be back to status quo.

Hopefully with Cuddy showing more cleavage.

Why can't the big cheese at the trust I work at be like her, instead of the average, middle-aged white bloke... :-(

• Vroom 30 May 2007 23:03:52 4,644 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Jesus! just watched last ep. Am in shock right now. Really brave writing. Very risky.

/applauds

Vroom

• NBZ 30 May 2007 23:52:41 2,351 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    That was pretty unexpected.

Brave or stupid? I guess we will just have to wait - but they got balls.
  • Deleted user 30 May 2007 23:55:21
    Well as always it'll sink or swim depending on the writing for the new characters. It'll be a real toughie getting 3 more characters with their own 'thing' and not making it look cheap.

Fingers crossed, eh. They haven't failed us yet, I just hope that they don't drag it out too much. Personally I'd have ended the whole series on that episode!
  • ecureuil 31 May 2007 00:00:57 76,482 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    All three characters will return next season, it's already been confirmed that they haven't actually left..
  • Deleted user 31 May 2007 00:02:02
    SSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
  • Page

of 40 First / Last