The Best Goal You'll Ever See Page 39

• Page

of 51 First / Last

• phAge 19 Jul 2011 16:53:04 24,443 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    White_Shadow wrote:
    I understand your point of view, but I don't see why it makes a difference that it was a) not the best penalty and b) in a friendly. Would it have been more acceptable if he had smashed it into the top corner? And surely the best arena to try odd or difficult techniques is in a game that doesn't count towards anything?
    That *would* have made a difference, yeah - because then it would actually have been something which could potentially be used in a real game, instead of a half-arsed novelty-trick.

And the best way to practise difficult penalties is on the training pitch, where your shits and giggles don't make the keeper look like a massive idiot in front of the crowd.
  • FWB 19 Jul 2011 18:02:05 45,627 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    FWB wrote:
    ecureuil wrote:
    FWB wrote:
    I liked running past the keeper, getting to the goal line and flicking the ball up to head it in. Or if I had more time, getting down on my hands and knees and nudging it in with my nose.

Haha, everyone used to do that. I remember one kid doing it, and a defender got back and tried to clear it, and ended up accidentally booting the guy square in the face.

Despite doing it myself, I call that karma.

Nobody gave a fuck anyway. The lad just got up and carried on, everyone else pissed themselves laughing at him. Everyone gets so sensitive when they get older.

Aye. I suspect if you're moaning about it you've never played football before. Nobody takes it personally or sees it as anything more than a bit of fun. Even funnier if you mess it up. Remember the Gooners trying to pull off some trick penalty? If you're whining about it, where do you draw the line? Is a dink over the keeper, rather than calmly slotting it in on a one-on-one showing off and deemed to be an arsehole thing to do?

The back heel was a good tactic. It confused the keeper, breaking his concentrating and letting a relatively weak "kick" in.

I love watching the older players at Wilmbledon. They're always trying trick shots. Guess they must be arseholes though. How dare they entertain me.
  • Flightrisker 19 Jul 2011 18:11:09 18,138 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I do play and yeah I'd get a bit wound up if we were being hockey by another team and they started taking backheel penalties. I don't think that's particularly odd...
  • FWB 19 Jul 2011 18:16:10 45,627 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Flightrisker. You sensitive soul, you. We should ban celebrations too then. They're definitely wind ups. That Icelandic team with their comical celebrations? Ban them from football for life! And their families, in case they try it.

I never once felt any worse because someone pulled a trick against me that wasn't necessary. Guess some people are precious.

I'd say that backheel penalty was pretty damn tame.
  • LionheartDJH 19 Jul 2011 18:22:31 19,548 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    /dribbles around flighty

/doubles back and does it again

/turns around and gives him a wedgie

She dives for cheese pasties

• phAge 19 Jul 2011 18:55:21 24,443 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ka-blamo wrote:
    @phAge

You're obsessed with the keeper being humiliated for some reason, when you have no idea how he feels....the only person that seemed angry was the coach, saying its unprofessional.(oh and you)

It's no different from a dink, chip, sent the wrong way, megged......I don't think the keeper feels particularly great about them happening to him either.

Just fucking man up and enjoy yourself, you don't have to over analise every little thing, you seem to boil discussions down to an inevitably tedious conclusion every time.

Relax and enjoy yourself, I'm sure the keepers feelings are still intact and he hasn't killed himself.
    Oh do fuck off. I started by simply saying that I thought the player was a twat and that he should be fined for acting in an unsportsmanlike way. Only reason I'm still here is because of the "oi, e wuz juz' 'avin a larf innit!"-brigade showed up.

And yes, it is very much different from a dink, chip, meg, etc. etc. For reasons which I've now spent two pages trying to explain, and only gotten the aforementioned "lighten up guv!" argument return.

You thought it was cool and a bit of lighthearted fun, I thought he acted like a attentionwhoring prat to the cost of the opposing team - fair play. His actions aren't the end of the world, but if FIFA shouldn't interfere when it sees players acting against the spirit of the game, what are they good for?

And if this debate annoys you so much, I'd kindly suggest that you piss off.
  • LionheartDJH 19 Jul 2011 19:06:33 19,548 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    FIFA interfering to help the spirit of the game? You're 'avin a laugh guv! If you had a vault full of dirty cash they might be interested though.

• phAge 19 Jul 2011 19:13:05 24,443 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    LionheartDJH wrote:
    FIFA interfering to help the spirit of the game? You're 'avin a laugh guv! If you had a vault full of dirty cash they might be interested though.
    Oh, I'm well aware that they are usuually doing their very best to do anything BUT, but in this particular instance I'd actually appreciate their interference...
  • phAge 19 Jul 2011 20:11:22 24,443 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    :D
  • LionheartDJH 19 Jul 2011 20:13:55 19,548 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    8-0...

• phAge 19 Jul 2011 20:21:11 24,443 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    /backheels Ka-blamo in the nuts, then clubs the ball across the line with his (own) cock
  • FWB 19 Jul 2011 21:15:35 45,627 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    phAge wrote:
    if FIFA shouldn't interfere when it sees players acting against the spirit of the game, what are they good for?

• LionheartDJH 19 Jul 2011 21:20:20 19,548 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    A day in the life of a FIFA exec.

• LFMartins 24 Jul 2011 13:08:31 5,704 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Djaló´s second goal against Juventus.
  • Flightrisker 25 Jul 2011 11:27:27 18,138 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    See! Disrespectful! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oytEUmlkHo
  • Flightrisker 26 Jul 2011 18:58:06 18,138 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Awesome compilation video of well worked freekicks. Brilliant.. I love these kinda goals.

http://www.hostedfile.com/videos/5309/tricky-free-kicks.html
  • PlushGraffiti 28 Jul 2011 12:26:49 124 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Neymar v Flamengo
  • andywilkie35 28 Jul 2011 12:28:43 5,338 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Was literally about to post that here, what a goal!

PSN ID & Xbox Gamertag: Wedjwants

• Dougs 28 Jul 2011 12:29:47 69,535 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Heh, just came to do the same. Lovely stuff
  • PlushGraffiti 28 Jul 2011 12:39:43 124 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Had to re-watch 3 times just to work out what hell he did with the ball at the end. Fantastic.
  • LFMartins 3 Aug 2011 18:00:00 5,704 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ronaldo Heel Goal.
  • Tom_Servo 3 Aug 2011 19:07:25 18,082 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    DISRESPECTFUL HE SHOULD BE BANNED
  • ecu 12 Aug 2011 00:16:22 77,327 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiPBN4D_5JY
  • LFMartins 13 Aug 2011 15:36:53 5,704 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Lionel - Gil Vicente x Benfica

Not a bad way to start this new season of the portuguese league.
  • Trowel 15 Aug 2011 08:10:52 18,072 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiPBN4D_5JY
    I think this is the same as your link that's been taken down - boy's been playing too much PES.

Couple more from the weekend - Villa last night vs Real, and Raul's still got class.
  • ecu 15 Aug 2011 08:19:14 77,327 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah that's the one.
  • Page

of 51 First / Last