Lego Batman. Yes... Batman! Page 7

• Page

of 8 First / Last

• MrSensible 27 Jan 2009 12:50:28 25,262 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Was this any good then? I loved Star Wars and Indy and I recently got this for the grand price of... free.

Been too busy to try it out though!
  • DFawkes 27 Jan 2009 12:51:58 23,438 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I don't think I've ever played a game that wasn't worth at least zero money, and the Lego games are usually reliably good.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• jonsaan 27 Jan 2009 12:52:26 25,369 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's alright. Better than Indy, worse than Star Wars.

FCUTA!

• MrSensible 27 Jan 2009 12:54:59 25,262 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Seems about what I was expecting then. The idea of being villains looks like the most fun though.

/makes the girlfriend play as Robin

No fucking way am I being that guy.
  • Deleted user 27 January 2009 12:55:02
    They should have just left it alone after Star Wars imo. The other games just seem to have taken the whole thing backwards.
  • convercide 27 Jan 2009 12:56:24 6,104 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    They should have, but it's clearly a cash cow.

If you can read this, you don't need glasses.

• jonsaan 27 Jan 2009 12:56:26 25,369 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Star Wars is pretty much the only one that actually makes you want to unlock and play as different characters. Well, providing you like Star Wars of course.

FCUTA!

• Deleted user 26 June 2012 09:21:49
    Anyone got number 2? I never had a lego game but the reviews of this have me interested, seems a bit more to it than the dull star wars demos.
  • Red_Bool 26 Jun 2012 10:20:16 1,174 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @revan8: My son and I absolutely love it. The puzzles are quite a bit better this time around. Don't judge this by the demo btw, which is only the first "tutorial" level. The game feels a lot fresher than the first one (which is the only game I've 100%-ed so far), which was unexpected.

Just get it, you won't be disappointed :)

Before I forget: For your reference, we have Lego SW TCS, Batman, Indy 1 and Harry Potter. Of these we liked SW and Batman best. Lego Batman 2 is up there with the latter two.

Edited by Red_Bool at 10:23:25 26-06-2012
  • Deleted user 26 June 2012 10:23:16
    Yeah I bought it off the back of EGs 9. I thought the demo of the Star Wars games were shit but I was intrigued by this.

If it's shite I won't be happy.

It'll be a while before I get to play it though, it's at the back of a looonnnggg steam list.
  • Grump 26 Jun 2012 10:35:41 1,180 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Lego games seem to get better with each new game - apart from the Indiana Jones ones which were a bit meh.

The most annoying thing about the old Star Wars ones was how far the lego studs would fly off every time you destroyed something. They would fly halfway across the screen while you ran around in a panic trying to pick them all up before they vanished! They seem to have calmed down a lot in recent games though.

Lego Batman 2 is great though. I haven't played enough of it to judge it alongside the others (The Clone Wars one is my fave) but first impressions are really promising. Looking forward to unlocking Superman to start flying around Gotham!
  • spamdangled 26 Jun 2012 10:38:23 27,417 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Warning - there's a game-breaking bug on level 12 where the game freezes up during the end-of-level cutscene and requires a console restart to resolve. No fix possible, randomly triggered. Apparently WB are "aware" of the issue and "looking into it".

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Derblington 26 Jun 2012 10:42:32 21,947 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'll be controversial and say that Batman 1 has been the worst of the games for me so far, and while Indy 1 started off slow it ended up as one of the better ones.
  • Britesparc Creative, ITV 26 Jun 2012 10:47:13 1,909 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've only played the first three levels of Batman 2, but so far it's my favourite of all. In fact, Batman 1 was my previous fave, so this is just icing on the cake.

I love the open world Gotham City, I think they've tightened up the level design, but most of all it's just hilarious. Really, really funny.

It is a BIT buggy, though; my wife's nearly finished it and complained of bugs that see characters get stuck behind scenery or trapped in an infinite death-loop; plus it's crashed at least once. I think there's something about Lego that makes me more forgiving though.
  • spamdangled 26 Jun 2012 13:02:25 27,417 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Still stuck on this thanks to the level 12 bug. Grrrrr.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• RelaxedMikki 26 Jun 2012 16:57:11 937 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    My little man accidentally deleted his save yesterday.

He wasn't happy, poor guy...

There should be a friendly audio warning before deleting any save with more than 5% completion that goes "If you are under six years old, please go and get mummy or daddy to say that this is OK before pressing the green button"!
  • theguy 26 Jun 2012 20:30:31 655 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Is the open world empty or full of things to do, bar the collectibles?
  • RelaxedMikki 26 Jun 2012 20:38:11 937 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Full, I'd say.

Funfair. Zoo. Subway. People to rescue. Joker style puzzles. Vehicles. All kinds of stuff, really...

...wish we still had that save!
  • Deleted user 26 June 2012 21:00:15
    after playing the demo i can only say....NO. its not for me :)
  • theguy 26 Jun 2012 21:36:07 655 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    RelaxedMikki wrote:
    Full, I'd say.

Funfair. Zoo. Subway. People to rescue. Joker style puzzles. Vehicles. All kinds of stuff, really...

Thanks. Will wait for a price drop though.
  • theguy 26 Jun 2012 21:36:15 655 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    RelaxedMikki wrote:
    Full, I'd say.

Thanks. Will wait for a price drop though.
  • macksed 28 Jun 2012 10:53:15 3,798 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Is the co-op any good on this? My only previous lego game experiences are the HP's which me and the other half enjoyed very much, and so I'm looking for another game for us to play through. (Or does anyone have any other Lego game suggestions that are particularly good for the co-op?).

Also, does anyone know if there's been any news on a PS3 demo for this?
  • theguy 28 Jun 2012 20:02:14 655 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    macksed wrote:
    Is the co-op any good on this? My only previous lego game experiences are the HP's which me and the other half enjoyed very much, and so I'm looking for another game for us to play through. (Or does anyone have any other Lego game suggestions that are particularly good for the co-op?).

The co op may be nauseating.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epKEA1n42Xo&feature=youtube_gdata_player
    Notice the way the screen splits. In free roam, the screen is fixed though with none of the bendy/twist shenanigans

Edited by theguy at 23:46:46 28-06-2012
  • morriss 28 Jun 2012 20:19:37 71,203 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Game is brilliant. They've got Superman down to a tee.
  • Zidargh 29 Jun 2012 09:23:23 1,679 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I understand the appeal is mainly for kids/families but am I right in thinking this has the 'Spongebob Effect' in that adults can get a lot out of it?
  • Zidargh 29 Jun 2012 09:23:23 1,679 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I understand the appeal is mainly for kids/families but am I right in thinking this has the 'Spongebob Effect' in that adults can get a lot out of it?
  • RelaxedMikki 29 Jun 2012 09:29:15 937 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I wouldn't buy it as a single-player game for an adult.

But if you have a child or partner to co-op it with then it's great fun.
  • macksed 29 Jun 2012 09:41:52 3,798 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    theguy wrote:
    macksed wrote:

The co op may be nauseating.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epKEA1n42Xo&feature=youtube_gdata_player
    Notice the way the screen splits. In free roam, the screen is fixed though with none of the bendy/twist shenanigans
    Thanks for that, it doesn't look particularly friendly :/ - - downloaded the demo from the US PSN store yesterday, so hopefully that'll have elements of that in so we can try it out...
    ...really hoping it does work well/she likes it!
  • Page

of 8 First / Last