Lego Batman. Yes... Batman! Page 6

• Page

of 8 First / Last

• Menace 19 Sep 2008 19:45:31 5,795 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    I take it you all enjoyed Lego Bionicle Heroes?

morriss wrote:
    heh. Kal plays his ace!

Poor ace then.. The whole Bionicle thing is totally soulless.

Like the other franchises that Lego have adopted, Lego Batman looks like a lego version of Batman (well duh). The lego toys have a great comedy look while still retaining the integrity of the comics/movies. The toys are fun to play with* even though they're not based on any specific movie. Same goes for the games I'm sure.

They should do a Spiderman game next.. (there's already some Spiderman Lego sets available) - or maybe even a Superman game.. although Superman is lame and boring compared to the other characters... ;)

/pushes button

*My 6 year old son loves them..

www.bigbitegames.com/soccer

• TheBear 10 Oct 2008 16:16:18 4,536 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Picked this up today and played a few levels. Very enjoyable stuff, much more fun so far than lego Indy. More variety, cooler characters.
  • MrE26 10 Oct 2008 16:48:40 1,984 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I prefer Indy myself so far, probably due to being a huge fan of the films. I am liking this so far though, plus i got an awesome Lego Batman keyring with my pre-order which i wasn't expecting. \o/
  • wingzerosys 10 Oct 2008 18:16:50 1,132 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So far it beats Lego Indy, my only disappointment is that there are no alternate batsuits, I would've liked the Begins, Batman 89/Returns, Dark Knight and Batman Beyond/of the future costumes.

Its also different to the other 2 (SW, Indy), you only get to play as Batman and Robin in hero mission story mode, where as the villains get more variety.

Lego Indy didn't have any vehicle levels and only 3 chapters, I also think its the shortest out of the 3 (4 if you include both Lego Star Wars), and so I was kinda disappointed with Lego Indy.

• Ignatius_Cheese Moderator 10 Oct 2008 18:33:52 10,861 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Avoiding this one as it still lacks online co-op...

As for Lego Indy, I'm with MrE26. Would be perfect with a bit more content and online co-op. Still holding out hope for the rumoured "complete saga" type edition including the missing features.

Still, each to their own, eh!
  • wingzerosys 10 Oct 2008 18:41:56 1,132 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You'll have a long wait, I bet they're waiting for Indy 5 & 6 before they make another.

I'm hoping they make another Batman, add more bat costumes, add Batgirl and Nightwing to the story mode and have more villains.
  • jellyhead 12 Oct 2008 20:27:45 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I love the game, not as much as Star Wars but then i'm old and saw Star Wars in the cinema as a kid but i like it more than Lego Indy which i just found a bit lacking in charisma.

Anyway, I've a question for you all about the Character Builder in Arkham Asylum, do any of the elements you can use apart from the weapons have any effect upon the final characters abilities or are they cosmetic?
    I want a character that can double-jump, i read that it's the weapons, head and headgear that change abilities but i'm not sure.

This signature intentionally left blank.

• wingzerosys 13 Oct 2008 05:18:21 1,132 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I made the Tim Burton Batman (all black instead of gray), he won't double jump, so I have no idea.

Update! I've just read that your created characters can't use abilities, it seems TT messed it up this time.

Oh well, I don't usually bother with created character's anyway.

Wait there, my created Batman can't double jump etc, but he can use the Batarang and grappling hook, not all is lost then, this is still better than Indy.
  • pjmaybe 13 Oct 2008 08:00:55 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Great little game, easily the best of the Lego (insert childhood superhero for buggeration here) games.

Vehicle bits were a massive let-down though.
  • jellyhead 13 Oct 2008 09:25:57 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Cheers, wingzerosys!
    Booo Tt! :p

I don't usually but i thought i'd have a mess about, typical of me to choose the broken version! Anyway i have an EDF blokey and Kato from the Green Hornet. :)

• Darren 13 Oct 2008 10:02:39 9,080 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    This is a game I'd like to play (I actually enjoyed LEGO Indy, thought it was better than the LEGO Star Wars games in all honesty) but with the number of games out between now and Christmas, I'm afraid I'm going to have to add it to my "Buy in New Year Sales" list.

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 4 GB EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 SC, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• jellyhead 13 Oct 2008 13:13:17 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    So, did anyone get their Joker Van code from Play.com?
    I'm not too impressed with their pre-ordering on this, it was late turning up, the guide book still hasn't arrived and my Korg DS10 is still in limbo but that might have slipped release date but still...
    Where's my Joker Van code?! ;_;

• wobbler147 13 Oct 2008 13:24:16 5,152 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I was just wondering the same, mine arrived late too.
  • Blerk Moderator 13 Oct 2008 13:26:23 48,225 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The codes tend to go out sometime in the following week - I had a few days wait with the codes both of the last two Lego games. And this one, it appears.

My pre-order arrived on the day of release, though. :-)

Anyway, game's great. We love it.
  • phoopipe 13 Oct 2008 14:26:43 1,434 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I got a free lego batman keyring :)
  • Blerk Moderator 13 Oct 2008 15:43:35 48,225 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    My code's just arrived, by the way. I surmise it's the same for everyone, so I'll just post it here:

JUK657

:-)
  • wingzerosys 13 Oct 2008 21:18:55 1,132 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Codes have been out a while, I've unlocked the Joker van plus other things like the BatTank, Nightwing and Batgirl.

I too got a Lego Batman keyring, was yours Batman?

Yes it is a shame, I wanted to make Batman Beyond/Of the future (Terry Mcguiness) and give my Tim Burton Batman some abilities, oh well.

I don't get why Tt didn't make the Tim Burton Batman an unlockable, the game's music is from those films (Batman, Batman Returns) and I know the demolition version looks exactly like him but they've replaced the cape for the demolition backpack.
  • wingzerosys 13 Oct 2008 21:37:01 1,132 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    I take it you all enjoyed Lego Bionicle Heroes?
    Is that the lame over the shoulder shooter that was released about 2 years ago?

If so, worse Lego game yet.

I'm not sure if a Lego Superman or Spider-man would work, unless Spidey teams up with ,say, Venom and Superman teams up with either Supergirl, Batman (have teamed up in the past) or they make a Justice League version.
    Speaking of Justice League, they could make Lego versions of Xmen, Teen Titans and Marvel Ultimate Alliance.

Any of you played Spider-man:Friend or foe? It plays similar to these Lego games.
  • jellyhead 13 Oct 2008 21:41:13 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Cheers blerk, my code turned up this afternoon but i was busy at work and couldn't post. It's the same one that's up on GameFAQs together with a bunch of others from MacDonalds or somewhere.

I weakened and used one, i had to.

It was Tropical Joker and he's eerily close to Killing Joke, Joker. Which gives me hope for at least one chapter in the game! :)

• wingzerosys 13 Oct 2008 22:03:14 1,132 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I hope there's going to be a sequel, maybe based on the movies.

The Batmobile looks like a Batman/Returns and Forever hybrid. The front and back (afterburner) look like its from Tim Burton's Batmobile, whilst the body and wings at the back look like its from Batman Forever's.
  • MrE26 13 Oct 2008 23:37:10 1,984 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Been caning this today, starting to really enjoy it. Indy's still my favourite of the games but this is great fun.
    Would have liked to see it based on the movies, although i guess that'd have been tricky since Batman was alone in most of them.
  • jellyhead 13 Oct 2008 23:40:16 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Might be tricky now Heath Ledger's gone, a bit sensitive for a while i'd think.

• wingzerosys 13 Oct 2008 23:55:00 1,132 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Use either Jack Nicolson (sp), the comic book or the cartoon Joker.

@MrED209, true.
  • jellyhead 14 Oct 2008 00:06:11 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I meant if they were to release a second Batman game based on the new movies, like LSW 2 did by returning to the first saga.

• wingzerosys 14 Oct 2008 00:08:12 1,132 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I actually meant the Tim Burton/Joel Shcumacher films, they could release the Chris Nolan one's after Batman 3.

Maybe they'll make a sequel based off the comic books/cartoons, Nightwing, Batgirl and Terry FTW.

Add Ace the Bathound too.
  • wingzerosys 14 Oct 2008 00:15:50 1,132 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Tt are eventually making more Lego games, I believe some of these will be made...

Harry Potter 1, 2 and 3.

Batman 2 and 3.

Star Wars:Clone Wars.

The Lord of the Rings trilogy.

The Hobbit.

The Matrix trilogy

Spider-man 1, 2 and 3.

Indiana Jones:The new adventures.
  • MrSpew 14 Oct 2008 01:52:19 970 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I don't care for any of those, HOWEVER..

Lego Die Hard, yes please.
    Lego Godfather, perhaps.
    Lego Alien! Hells yar.
  • wingzerosys 14 Oct 2008 04:00:17 1,132 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    They're Not suitable for kids, I forgot Ghostbusters.

Is it just me, or do the levels in this seem shorter than the previous games?
  • Wayne 19 Oct 2008 21:00:05 2,144 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    10 hours yesterday.
    8 hours today.
    You just don't see the time go by with these games.
  • Deleted user 13 November 2008 23:16:25
    Post deleted
  • Page

of 8 First / Last