Xbox 360 Live Connection Problems - GRAW

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Deleted user 5 September 2006 22:05:04
    Hi All,

So in desperation I have come to ask for the help of the mighty forum!

I have got myself of the bandwagon that is a 360 and am loving it, apart from one small thing. I keep getting dropped out of every (and yes I mean every) multiplayer GRAW game, It only seems to be GRAW that is affected.

I have tried the following,

- Wired connection from the router (Netgear DG834G) to the Xbox.
    - Given the Xbox a static IP.
    - A DMZ to the static IP.
    - Opened ports to the static IP (UDP 88 and UDP 3024) this was from the netgear FAQ. Not at the same time as above.
    - When I run the NAT Tests in the dashboard I get OPEN with out the DMZ and then STRICT when I setup the DMZ, which seems to be the opposite of what I was expecting.
    - I have even tried turning off NAT, but that got me nowhere.

There is talk of a "patch" post Chapter 2, I is getting false hope that it would solve my problems?

cheers

Rob

P.S. Bullet in the back of the head to anybody that can sort me out. In a friendly way of course.
  • Deleted user 5 September 2006 22:21:03
    Hi Furbs,

So you only changed the IP to automatic? What router do you have?

cheers

Rob
  • Deleted user 5 September 2006 22:35:35
    Going to fire up GRAW now and give it a bash.

Smoke me a kipper...
  • Deleted user 5 September 2006 22:47:14
    Hi Morgs,

Thanks for the suggestion but I only have one network card and that is used up by connecting the computer to the router. I really don't want to go down the ICS route

/shudders

Cheers
  • Deleted user 6 September 2006 19:42:07
    I thought that I would take a chance and download Chapter 2, a couple of threads mentioned that a patch was included in it.

It worked! Had 2 unranked games this morning and completed them fine. have had a ranked game since then too. Bit of an expensive way to solve a problem that should not have existed in the first place, but at least I am enjoying the game now.
  • Khab 6 Sep 2006 19:54:08 6,576 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    That is... good, I guess, but completely unacceptable, really. We now have to pay for patches to make things work? Wow, this online consoles lark is going to be making someone verrrrrrrry rich very soon.

(I hv 360 so plz no flms, stick with the argument.)
  • Deleted user 6 September 2006 23:01:36
    Khab,

Completely agree, is just made easier because i am enjoying the game. Other people don't seem to have the same problems, maybe it was just a coincedence?

/maybe?

Rob
  • reality_cheque 7 Sep 2006 08:08:46 7,487 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm sure the patch was released seperately to the DLC - but if the host has the new maps and you don't, even if they're playing an old map you can't join.

That was probably your issue, I'd bet it would have been fine if you'd been able to find a host without the new maps :)
  • Moogrose 7 Sep 2006 11:05:13 96 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    agree with reality_cheque - the patch was released seperately to the DLC, probably just that you couldn't join games as most people still playing GRAW online now have the DLC.
  • Furbs 14 Jun 2007 22:45:51 45,699 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I had loads of problems on FIFA WC setting 360 to a static IP. Changed it to automatically assigned and it worked like a charm.

Edited by Furbs at 22:10:03 05-09-2006
  • Furbs 14 Jun 2007 22:45:51 45,699 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Using a Belkin.

I had done exactly the same as you, messed around with DMZ, forwarded the ports and what not. Although when I ran the tests everything came up as moderate which didnt tie in with any guide I could find. I could see players online, but when I came to connect to them I got dropped.

Just make sure you have enabled DCHP on your router and away you go (I reckon at least).
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next