Crocodile Hunter died!!! Page 6

• Page

of 7 First / Last

• El_MUERkO 4 Sep 2006 23:04:32 16,949 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    what happened to the 'sick joke' thread?

oh well this'll have to go here so :D

dont click links if you're a daily mail reading twunt

• ElectricDemon 4 Sep 2006 23:11:42 2,417 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's odd, celebs have died before that I've liked, but this is the first time I've been genuinely sad about it :(

I really am gutted, and feel so sorry for Terri and the kids

+1 to whoever suggested a Best of Steve Irwin on Animal Planet. I forget I have Animal Planet, so I will probably forget, someone will need to post if they do do something like that and remind me :)

Oh, and also a +1 to whoever mentioned Austin Stevens, that guy is class :D

Anyway though, really am very sad at the moment, I'm really surprised and shocked :(

RIP Steve, you'll be dearly missed....
  • El_MUERkO 4 Sep 2006 23:12:55 16,949 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    WOPR wrote:
    The joke thread disappeared as it was created by a sock of koti, who has now been banned.

awe, it was a fun thread :(
  • Bunda 5 Sep 2006 04:51:24 5,241 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Awww, just found out about this. Poor guy. I wonder if they'll release the footage. Doubt it, but still...
  • RM2KMaster 5 Sep 2006 08:56:09 3,283 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bunda wrote:
    Awww, just found out about this. Poor guy. I wonder if they'll release the footage. Doubt it, but still...

It'll get onto the net somewhow....It always does.
  • Toonster 5 Sep 2006 22:12:00 6,835 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    An Australian guy was with us during the summer and everyone in Australia hates Steve Irwin. Y'know, he sets the typical Australian stereotype and all that.

Anyway, I found this out yesterday. Today, there were pictures of him all over the lockers saying 'We'll miss you, Steve'.

Didn't really think much of Steve Irwin. Just some asshole out to get some attention.

Edited by Toonster at 22:12:14 05-09-2006

3DS: 0361-6951-2609 (Tom)

• thefilthandthefury 5 Sep 2006 22:13:49 24,950 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Toonster wrote:
    Didn't really think much of Steve Irwin. Just some asshole out to get some attention.

How was he doing it 'for attention' exactly? He did a lot of important work that very few others could have done.
  • Dirtbox 5 Sep 2006 22:15:59 77,461 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Toonster wrote:
    Er...

You obviopusly haven't got a clue how much good he did for conservation and awareness all over the world.

If you don't know what you're talking about - which is most of the time to be perfectly honest - then shut up.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• Toonster 5 Sep 2006 22:31:09 6,835 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Toonster wrote:
    Er...

You obviopusly haven't got a clue how much good he did for conservation and awareness all over the world.
    Sorry, I was being a bit harsh before. Whenever I saw Steve Irwin on TV, I always saw him as that guy who wrestled crocodiles, as if he was a member of Jackass. I guess my view of him was misled and I apologize for that.

If you don't know what you're talking about - which is most of the time to be perfectly honest - then shut up.
    I don't want to argue with you but quit being a condescending prude. Just because I've been misled doesn't give people the right to think I don't know the difference between right and wrong. Do you really think I almost always never know what I'm talking about?

Once again, I apologize for my comments. The last thing I want is being ignored or GI'd because I was a dickhead :(

Edited by Toonster at 22:33:37 05-09-2006

3DS: 0361-6951-2609 (Tom)

• thefilthandthefury 5 Sep 2006 22:33:35 24,950 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Toonster wrote:
    Whenever I saw Steve Irwin on TV, I always saw him as that guy who wrestled crocodiles, as if he was a member of Jackass.

He was never like that at all. He was always a true professional and knew exactly what he was doing. Unlike the people from Jackass, who I really wouldn't mind if they died while filming :)

Steve just had the guts to get stuck in there, that's why people love him... and the enthusiasm!
  • Dirtbox 5 Sep 2006 22:39:03 77,461 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The animals he wrestled into trucks were either injured or in danger of being killed because they were too close to a town border. The wild life segments he did dispelled myths about how to react to snakes and other creatures when you roam into their habitat. It was education for Bruce's who blatt them over the head with a shove rather than keep their distance and let whatever it is get on with it's business.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• kdsh7 5 Sep 2006 22:52:05 1,167 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    This is one heck of a story

Irwin, dressed in his khaki shorts and shirt, dived in the water and swam across to save Jones.

Legend.
  • souljah 6 Sep 2006 11:59:28 4,701 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Really nice tribute to Steve on the Jay Leno show.

Had me welling up, even though it was just a bunch of clips.
  • jellyhead 6 Sep 2006 12:26:34 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    They were great, cheers souljah and kdsh7.

This signature intentionally left blank.

• Dant 6 Sep 2006 18:01:31 894 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The tribute on Animal Planet is quite touching:

Click
  • kalel 6 Sep 2006 18:13:42 86,261 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I find all these comparisons in the press with Princess Diana a bit odd. I mean, I'm not saying we didn't go way over the top with her death, but still, don't think Stevie was quite in the same league of significance globally. Quite amazed that he's getting a state funeral as well. Similar phenomenon I guess, combination of shock and media induced emotion.
  • Deleted user 6 September 2006 18:17:02
    He isn't getting one. I thought his family turned it down.
  • Lukus 6 Sep 2006 19:01:57 18,996 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    +1

Paintings & Photographs

• kalel 6 Sep 2006 19:39:36 86,261 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Well, I think in hundred years or so when people look at this age/era, there will be certain deaths that stand out as having huge global significance; JFK, Martin Luther King, maybe John Lennon, and I strongly suspect Diana will make that list, but personally I can't see Steve Irwin on it.

It's not a criticism of him so no need to take it that way. I'm just fascinated by the way the general public respond to these kind of things, and I do think it is media induced to an extent, the commotion surrounding Diana's death certainly was. In fact I think the way the media and the public respond to these things has been influnced by that event. I suppose in that sense I shouldn't be suprised by the reaction, and yet I am a little.
  • ElectricDemon 6 Sep 2006 22:49:19 2,417 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    :( Those vids made me well up a bit too......

Damn, 2 days on and I'm STILL feeling the exact same feeling of loss. Truly gutted
  • MetalDog 6 Sep 2006 22:55:20 23,708 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Steve > Princess Di, frankly.

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• kalel 6 Sep 2006 22:56:37 86,261 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hey, it's not a competition ;)
  • MetalDog 6 Sep 2006 22:59:43 23,708 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah, but if it was, he could wrestle her to the ground before you could spit =)

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• Lukus 6 Sep 2006 23:01:08 18,996 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Though that competition would make great telly. I'm gonna shove my finger right up her arse!

Sorry.
    Edit- hehe Metaldog had the same idea.

Edited by Lukus at 23:01:06 06-09-2006

Paintings & Photographs

• Syrette 7 Sep 2006 01:57:32 43,061 posts
    Seen 58 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    souljah wrote:
    Really nice tribute to Steve on the Jay Leno show.

Had me welling up, even though it was just a bunch of clips.
    Such passion...

Not much more to say really.

• Bunda 7 Sep 2006 02:18:57 5,241 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I know... my friend Milo and I used to make "Crocodile Hunter" videos; he was the Croc Hunter (complete with aussie accent) and I was the camerman, named Zigursky. When Steve Irwin died, we realised our inspiration to make Croc Hunter vids had died too.

Some of them were real funny. Milo's a much better comedian than I in certain situations.

Btw, did you hear they're recalling Steve Irwin's line of sunscreen? Apparently it didn't protect from deadly rays.
  • Syrette 7 Sep 2006 02:23:14 43,061 posts
    Seen 58 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Seriously Bunda... the Sunblock/screen/cream jokes are so old already. I didn't find them funny in the first place.

• Page

of 7 First / Last