The 'Official' UFC appreciation thread Page 150

• Page

of 157 First / Last

• Futaba 30 Dec 2013 03:25:03 3,429 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Choppi wrote:
    Just watched Kevin Ware leg break video and sounds cold but his team mates need to man up. Did you see how they reacted on the bench?! Practically ran away instead of helping him and then after the players nearly vomiting on the court.
    You're trolling, right? The medics were courtside, anyone more than that would just be getting in the way more than anything.

As far back as I can remember I always wanted to be a ninja.

• Telepathic.Geometry 30 Dec 2013 05:57:17 11,121 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've never liked Anderson Silva, but it is a real shame that his career has ended this way. That was a horrific injury, and when I saw the replay... I wanted to puke. Poor guy. My heart goes out to him, I hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Edited by Telepathic.Geometry at 05:57:40 30-12-2013

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• mcmothercruncher 30 Dec 2013 10:10:08 5,728 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Really sad to see Leben go out like that too and echoes of the Munoz fight. Seems like that brawling style has taken its toll over the years. Hope he can find a happy/healthy way forward if he's done because he seems like a troubled character.
  • The-Bodybuilder 30 Dec 2013 11:20:18 13,621 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    That leg break was like Dolor's in Undisputed 3: Redemption.
  • mcmothercruncher 31 Dec 2013 18:07:21 5,728 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    A really good study of Ronda's application of Judo in MMA, if you've got 8 minutes.
    Much like watching Machida, where I can usually pick out Shotokan based strikes, it's always interesting to see traditional Martial Arts components mixed in amongst the general MMA melee:

• SuperCoolEskimo 31 Dec 2013 18:41:21 9,531 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Wonder what effect that break will have on MMA in general. Certainly the Brazilians use leg kicks a lot, maybe we'll see less used now on.
  • huh_what 31 Dec 2013 18:55:33 660 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    mcmothercruncher wrote:
    A really good study of Ronda's application of Judo in MMA, if you've got 8 minutes.
    Much like watching Machida, where I can usually pick out Shotokan based strikes, it's always interesting to see traditional Martial Arts components mixed in amongst the general MMA melee:

That video is a tad redundant now becuase Ronda showed much improved striking at the weekend and all of Tates takedown attempts ended up with Ronda on top because she used her own momentum against her as she was coming in.

She's found the magic bullet to beat all the current talent in her division for the foreseeable future. The only legit threat would have been Cyborg but even then she would have been cutting a bunch of weight (muscle) and her recent ban for steroid use taints her reputation.
  • The-Bodybuilder 31 Dec 2013 20:08:20 13,621 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Manborg would destroy Ronda.
    McCann has a chance to out-point her.
    But so long as Zingano keeps it standing and doesn't attempt to take her down (why oh why Tate would you want to go to the floor with an Olympic judoka who broke your arm the last time you tried that?), in striking, she would Müller Ronda.
  • mcmothercruncher 31 Dec 2013 22:20:23 5,728 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's just flagging up her instinctive use of her Judo base and, yup, that totally includes using your opponents momentum against themselves. It was truly insane for Tate to continue to attempt to get it to the ground, as you say BB. Why the hell didn't her corner tell her to keep it standing- where she had the edge- after round one?

I'm not sure about McCan- people call Ronda a one trick pony and, really, she isn't that anymore- but McCann truly is capable of only one thing. I'll bet even Rousey has several times better stand up than McCann, no?
    An Olympic wrestling vs Judo contest will be fascinating though. Supposedly the women's wrestling scene is deeper and more competitive at that level too. Still, my money is on the armbar all day long.
  • The-Bodybuilder 1 Jan 2014 16:31:51 13,621 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah, which is why I said she has a chance to out point her. That's the only chance McCann has got against Rousey. Not from sub or striking.
  • Reacher 1 Jan 2014 17:41:19 542 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    senso-ji wrote:
    While that Silva leg brake was bad, it certainly wasn't the worst sport injury I've seen this year (for those with very strong stomachs, Google 'Kevin Ware leg break'). Dana White is probably shitting himself more than Silva is though; that's his top two PPV draws out of the UFC in quick succession. Wonder who'll pull the big audiences in now? Jones and Rousey?
  • Baihu1983 1 Jan 2014 18:55:31 2,838 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Not a Silva fan but that was nasty and that's probably it for him.
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 1 Jan 2014 19:01:20 6,654 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Got the family round to prove that this shit isn't brutal :D
  • mcmothercruncher 3 Jan 2014 18:50:34 5,728 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Wow, revolutionary post knockout technique to help with revival.

The UFC should definitely look into this, particularly for the women:

• craigy Senior UI Designer, Gamer Network 8 Jan 2014 09:10:55 7,386 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Another belt vacated/stripped, then. But at least we get to see Faber get another shot!
  • The-Bodybuilder 8 Jan 2014 09:42:14 13,621 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Is it the end of Cruz? Massive shame if so.
  • Reacher 8 Jan 2014 11:04:19 542 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I can't decide whether who I dislike more out of Cruz and Faber, so I hope Barao smashes Faber at least.

Faber has been on a good run recently though, but seriously, how many title shots has this guy had now?

Wiki says "2", but if feels like a lot more.Plus he has losses to both Cruz and Barao.
  • Bahamafish 9 Jan 2014 17:25:58 360 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I like WMMA, especially invicta, but it's hard not to like Matt Brown after this douchebag comment.

Matt Brown
    "I just think this, if I'm [going] to pay $60 for a Pay-Per-View to watch women fight they should at least be topless."
  • mcmothercruncher 9 Jan 2014 18:07:57 5,728 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I was about to post the same thing- I think you meant hard TO like?
  • Bahamafish 9 Jan 2014 18:17:50 360 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    No, it's sexist but a bit funny. I can't imagine DW taking this well.
  • craigy Senior UI Designer, Gamer Network 9 Jan 2014 19:29:58 7,386 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Faber's going to come out aggressive -- so be prepared for a short fight!

If I'm going to pay $60 for a pay-per-view, the male fighters should all have an IQ of at least 60. But that wouldn't leave much of a career for Brown.
  • huh_what 9 Jan 2014 20:25:29 660 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    @craigy

Aggressive Faber is a wacky anomaly that we only see once in a blue moon. He can utterly kick the shit out of someone in about 2 minutes.

He's the one guy that i always make sure i watch his fight for the "oh, now you've pissed him off" moments.
  • mcmothercruncher 9 Jan 2014 23:17:34 5,728 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    On the one hand, it's a stupid joke, on the other, It's pathetic bahamafish. Women's MMA shows all of the skill and athleticism of the male side of the game, but let's reduce them to a pair of tits, just like the lowest common denominator meathead fans no doubt actually do. After how hard they train?
    We'll have to agree to disagree on Matt Brown.

Fabre is an odd one for me. Really seems like a decent guy out of the cage, but I really struggle to give a shit about him fighting in it.
  • BillMurray 9 Jan 2014 23:26:55 7,235 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I want Faber to lose only 'cos at the end of one of his fights he wanted to thank K-Swiss and Jesus for his victory.
  • Bahamafish 9 Jan 2014 23:28:30 360 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @mcmothercruncher

No you're right, I did say it was a douchebag comment and I don't agree with him at all, but I still find it funny that he had the balls to say what he did. I can just imagine Dana Whites face when he reads it.

Edited by Bahamafish at 23:29:07 09-01-2014
  • Telepathic.Geometry 10 Jan 2014 06:11:34 11,121 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @mcmothercruncher Ha ha, what the fuck!? It's not bad enough that you get knocked the fuck out, but you get water-boarded and raped as well? :'D

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• mcmothercruncher 10 Jan 2014 09:30:02 5,728 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    They believe it's vital to bring you around from a knockout. It's reason enough not to loose anyway ;)
  • midnight_walker 10 Jan 2014 09:40:19 1,635 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    mcmothercruncher wrote:
    Women's MMA shows all of the skill and athleticism of the male side of the game, but let's reduce them to a pair of tits, just like the lowest common denominator meathead fans no doubt actually do.
    mcmothercruncher wrote:
    Wow, revolutionary post knockout technique to help with revival.

The UFC should definitely look into this, particularly for the women
    :|
  • mcmothercruncher 10 Jan 2014 16:32:29 5,728 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Oh, please- there's a universe between an ironic joke here between people who ought to understand that is exactly what it is and a public statement by a well known- and followed- MMA figure.
  • mcmothercruncher 14 Jan 2014 18:49:24 5,728 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Whoah, Cat Zingano's husband dead apparently, possibly a suicide though that's just a rumour at the moment.
  • Page

of 157 First / Last