The 'Official' UFC appreciation thread Page 2

• Page

of 171 First / Last

• Foregone-Reality 16 Oct 2006 03:03:13 2,218 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I actually thought this was going to be the KFC appreciation thread..

/puts down his 'I love Zinger Tower Burger!' flyer..
  • T.G. 5 Mar 2007 03:25:18 5,989 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just saw UFC 68 tonight, wow! The Couture fight was fucking sound. An old 43 year old (going on 44 in just a few months) guy came out of retirement, put on weight to enter into the heavyweight division and managed to kick the tar out of the reigning champion, who is at least four stone heavier, almost a foot taller and only 30 years old.

Best. Fight. Ever. :D
  • RevanEleven 5 Mar 2007 21:53:40 2,076 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    T.G. wrote:
    Just saw UFC 68 tonight, wow! The Couture fight was fucking sound. An old 43 year old (going on 44 in just a few months) guy came out of retirement, put on weight to enter into the heavyweight division and managed to kick the tar out of the reigning champion, who is at least four stone heavier, almost a foot taller and only 30 years old.

Best. Fight. Ever. :D

+10000

Just watched it, fucking great! so pleased randy caned sylvia, who bores me to death.

You gonna go to UFC 70 in manchester?
  • Deleted user 5 March 2007 22:00:10
    RevanEleven wrote:
    You gonna go to UFC 70 in manchester?
    Is that the April one? I've seen the posters with the date but didn't notice the location. What's wrong with London damn it!

/looks outside at parked car

/ponders
  • RevanEleven 5 Mar 2007 22:10:38 2,076 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeh 21st april, gonna be good. mike bisping fights, really like to see that.

Yeh its a bit of a trek for me to (south lincs) but went to see Joe Calzaghie v Jeff Lacy and the place rocked.
  • Deleted user 5 March 2007 22:17:58
    To be honest I haven't see UFC on TV for ages, not quite sure what the state of play is at the moment. But seeing it live does sound temping, might have to step up the job-hunt!
  • souljah 5 Mar 2007 22:19:16 4,701 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    What was Cro-Cops fight like at 67? I can't find it anywhere and can't be arsed downloading the whole thing.
  • Mr_Yogi™ 5 Mar 2007 22:31:14 185 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    What was Cro-Cops fight like at 67? I can't find it anywhere and can't be arsed downloading the whole thing.

Mirko Cro Cop = The Terminator

Eddie Sanchez = 80s Sarah Connor
  • souljah 5 Mar 2007 22:34:01 4,701 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Mr_Yogi™ wrote:

I thought you weren't allowed to bring large metal stamping machinery into the octagon?

:)
  • RevanEleven 5 Mar 2007 22:37:00 2,076 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ja_Long wrote:
    Mr_Yogi™ wrote:

Exactly what i said when i saw it :-)

Must have been a terrifying experience for Sanchez.

Waiting to get knocked out, knowing it was going to happen no matter what he did.

Eddie Sanchez gameplan: not get killed.
  • NewYork 5 Mar 2007 22:53:50 24,838 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I don't really watch this, but I caught it a few weeks back, and forgive me as I don't really know a darn thing about it, but it appears to my novice eyes that this "Cro Cop" guy is the coolest man on the planet.

kthxbye
  • jozz 5 Mar 2007 23:10:16 4,871 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That Couture fight was fucking amazing.

Great to see the take-downs and ground game not getting a wave of boos from the crowd after about two seconds too :)

Cro Cop Vs Couture, if it happens, should be interested.
  • souljah 5 Mar 2007 23:22:46 4,701 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's a shame he is no longer in Pride. I prefer Pride rules, the ring, the fact that the crowd doesn't consist of drunken numpties who can't understand the ground game and the better stable of fighters.

I can see Mirko getting bored pretty fast in the US.
  • jozz 5 Mar 2007 23:52:33 4,871 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ja_Long wrote:
    Cro Cop'd kick Couture's skull plain out of his head!

Yea, all that head bobbing he was doing was just crying out for a crazy leg kick. I dunno though, If Couture can keep him off-balance and constantly thinking about the take-down like he did with Sylvia then he might have a chance.

You've got to give him credit, being able to take down Sylvia consistently and almost at will was a good laugh.

It's up on Daily Motion if anyone wants to see it anyway.
  • Mr_Yogi™ 6 Mar 2007 00:06:45 185 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The problem with throwing head kicks at Randy Couture is that even the hardest bastards shit themselves when Couture shoots, and sure, you may just send him packing for the night if you land one, but if you don't, or god forbid, he hammocks your leg and bulldozes you, you're pretty much fucked for the round. But a Cro Cop head kick is in another league to a Sylvia head kick.

It would be interesting to see Couture v Cro Cop, but a Sylvia fight makes more sense, maybe on the same card as Randy's first title defence (hopefully Brandon Vera - who should've faced Sylvia before now) in a contender shot. With the heavyweight division hotting up, Cro Cop shouldn't be handed a title shot based on PRIDE and turning Sanchez into a gooey mush, and based on Sylvia's sluggish title reign, he shouldn't be guaranteed an immediate re-match.

One thing's for sure, after outstriking Sylvia and Liddell in their respective matches, this "Ooh, Couture'll get KO'd first chance opponent gets if faced with a great striker" attitude is wank.

• Mr_Yogi™ 6 Mar 2007 00:15:50 185 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Protip II: Don't go within ten feet of Cro Cop. Ever.
  • IronGiant 11 Apr 2007 01:02:08 4,482 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Nice to see Serra beating St Pierre, though i still think George will end up regaining the belt sooner rather than later.. Matt Hughes was loving it! :)

• heyyo 11 Apr 2007 01:17:35 14,374 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ja_Long wrote:
    Just watched the video of Cro Cop beating Bob Sapp from a while back on Youtube.

Unbelievable stuff.

Watched this eariler, Bob Sapp should be ashamed with his crap self, did he break his eye?
  • Derblington 11 Apr 2007 01:26:55 21,478 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    the orbital bone is your entire face! 7 bones - starts at the forehead, teh eyes and cheekbones (around the nose) and finishes with your upper teeth. It's a big area to break.
  • Aga 11 Apr 2007 13:13:13 2,148 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Cro Cop said it best. Right leg - hospital. Left leg - morgue.

If you see in the Bop Sapp fight, he does a low kick which Bob tries to block, leaving his face open.
  • Fonzie 11 Apr 2007 13:21:06 1,828 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mr_Yogi™ wrote:
    The problem with throwing head kicks at Randy Couture is that even the hardest bastards shit themselves when Couture shoots, and sure, you may just send him packing for the night if you land one, but if you don't, or god forbid, he hammocks your leg and bulldozes you, you're pretty much fucked for the round. But a Cro Cop head kick is in another league to a Sylvia head kick.

It would be interesting to see Couture v Cro Cop, but a Sylvia fight makes more sense, maybe on the same card as Randy's first title defence (hopefully Brandon Vera - who should've faced Sylvia before now) in a contender shot. With the heavyweight division hotting up, Cro Cop shouldn't be handed a title shot based on PRIDE and turning Sanchez into a gooey mush, and based on Sylvia's sluggish title reign, he shouldn't be guaranteed an immediate re-match.

One thing's for sure, after outstriking Sylvia and Liddell in their respective matches, this "Ooh, Couture'll get KO'd first chance opponent gets if faced with a great striker" attitude is wank.

Woah, woah, slow down there. Liddell KO'd Couture in their last fight. He hasn't been beaten for a long time. Couture beat him once, a while ago.
  • JayeM 23 May 2009 23:09:52 3,386 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Okay, bumping a thread 2 years after the last post, but does anyone know where I could catch tonight's event for free?
  • dagoberto 23 May 2009 23:13:37 279 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    try here
    http://www.myp2pforum.eu/boxing-fighting/
  • JayeM 23 May 2009 23:19:41 3,386 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Thanks muchly.
  • Page

of 171 First / Last