Al Pacino - yay or nay? Page 2

• Page

of 4 First / Last

• repairmanjack 7 Aug 2006 16:18:51 6,082 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I love Walken, but no way am I watching Gigli...
  • Spanky 7 Aug 2006 16:19:35 14,611 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Al Pacino is a hack at best, he's never stopped playing Tony Scarface. Hooo-aaaaahhhh.

Robert De Niro is extremely versatile though, still a brilliant actor. Alas i think with his age he's not taking the risks, cop movie, romantic comedy, copy movie, etc etc. Don't think he'll be doing another Raging Bull.

Dennis Hopper was never a good actor, he can only play himself, a crazy mofo doing crazy stuff. Gotta love him though, he's the dad you never wanted.

Anyhoo they're the good actors, there's plenty of dross that still make appearances that need put down, robert redford for one, harrison ford for another.

Plubs

• morriss 7 Aug 2006 16:20:22 71,286 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Spanky wrote:
    Al Pacino is a hack at best, he's never stopped playing Tony Scarface. Hooo-aaaaahhhh.

*cough*TROLL*cough*cough*

:)
  • megastar 7 Aug 2006 16:20:27 17,197 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    neither yay or nay!

Just gay.

• Deleted user 7 August 2006 16:22:23
    Harrison Ford's career got severely hampered by the fuss he kicked up over Bladerunner. He never really got a serious interesting role again, it was all action/thriller type stuff. He's never been in an Oscar winning film, let alone won one afaik.
  • kincaide 7 Aug 2006 16:22:27 5,067 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    megastar wrote:
    neither yay or nay!

Just gay.

You are thinking of Dustin Hoffman
  • megastar 7 Aug 2006 16:25:10 17,197 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kincaide wrote:
    megastar wrote:
    neither yay or nay!
    Just gay.

You are thinking of Dustin Hoffman

Naa thats not teh gheyness - thats autism
  • Spanky 7 Aug 2006 16:25:58 14,611 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    morriss wrote:
    *cough*TROLL*cough*cough*
    /Brings cough syrup to geekmeet
    /Flaming Morriss

\o/

;)

Hoffmans alright? Mumbles in Dick Tracy was a work of genius! No? Shhh!

Plubs

• Latin 7 Aug 2006 16:30:40 3,827 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Spanky wrote:

Yes because he clearly plays "Tony Scarface" in Scent of a Woman, Heat, Donnie Brasco, The Insider, Any Given Sunday and Insomnia. Have you actually seen these movies? Although I do agree he's a shouter in movies like the Devil's Advocate, but I think he's just trying to live up to what he's known for, plus in that particular movie he has to make up for Keanu's lack of acting.
  • Max_Powers 7 Aug 2006 16:31:42 1,103 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Spanky wrote:

Watching Al Pacino these days is a horrible experience! He hasn't stopped shouting since Devils Advocate.

He is, like, so nay!

• Deleted user 7 August 2006 16:32:36
    Max_Powers wrote:
    Watching Al Pacino these days is a horrible experience! He hasn't stopped shouting since Dog Day Afternoon.

Fixated.
  • Spanky 7 Aug 2006 16:35:49 14,611 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Latin wrote:
    Have you actually seen these movies?
    Of course i have, they're all shouty tony scarface! who are you, his fuckin agent? :p

PLANT!

Plubs

• morriss 7 Aug 2006 16:36:00 71,286 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I really can't agree with this thread and I demand Kal-el deletes it.

If you really think he hasn't stopped shoutin since Dog Day you haven't seen Glenngarry, Glen Ross, 'Looking for Richard', Angels in America, Donnie Brasco: the list is endless.

Know nothing n00bs the lot of ya!

Edited by morriss at 16:36:48 07-08-2006
  • Deleted user 7 August 2006 16:38:17
    I can rememeber VERY shouty scenes in Donnie Brasco and Looking for Richard...

I do concede recently he seems to have got the balance right, but it was definately Dog Day Afternoon in which he discovered his shouty voice.
  • marilena 7 Aug 2006 16:39:03 8,203 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Latin wrote:
    Spanky wrote:

Yes because he clearly plays "Tony Scarface" in Scent of a Woman, Heat, Donnie Brasco, The Insider, Any Given Sunday and Insomnia.

Do you mean to say that he played very different characters in those movies? They were pretty much all alike, even though he may have not shouted a lot.

Edited by marilena at 16:39:23 07-08-2006
  • morriss 7 Aug 2006 16:39:19 71,286 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    You should really see Glen Garry, Glen Ross and Serpico.

Idiots.
  • Deleted user 7 August 2006 16:40:40
    morriss wrote:

Idiots.

Glen Garry Glen Ross is great I agree, but Serpico pre-dates Dog Day Afternoon noob :p
  • UncleLou Moderator 7 Aug 2006 16:43:10 35,855 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Post deleted
  • morriss 7 Aug 2006 16:44:06 71,286 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    morriss wrote:

Idiots.

Glen Garry Glen Ross is great I agree, but Serpico pre-dates Dog Day Afternoon noob :p

Whatever. The Insider pwns yoo anyway.

/throws something
  • Salaman 7 Aug 2006 16:44:39 19,622 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yaaaaaay

\0/
  • Deleted user 7 August 2006 16:49:00
    Unfortunately the Insider was Michael Mann and something about his films make m...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Edited by kalel at 16:49:05 07-08-2006
  • Latin 7 Aug 2006 16:49:23 3,827 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    marilena wrote:
    Latin wrote:
    Spanky wrote:

Yes because he clearly plays "Tony Scarface" in Scent of a Woman, Heat, Donnie Brasco, The Insider, Any Given Sunday and Insomnia.

Do you mean to say that he played very different characters in those movies? They were pretty much all alike, even though he may have not shouted a lot.

Edited by marilena at 16:39:23 07-08-2006

I dunno, there is variation and you can't just blame Al, blame his agent*, blame the writers, blame the directors, I mean he's being type cast as well and he has been less shouty recently.

*For you information Spanky I am not his agent (if i was would I be posting on t'interweb? or using all that cash to get goldigger ladies and cars and other stuff that costs a lot).
  • morriss 7 Aug 2006 16:50:45 71,286 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Unfortunately the Insider was Michael Mann and something about his films make m...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

You missed out then. If you couldn't appreciate the drama in The Insider I'd rather you just put me on ignore to save any further embarassment.

For both of us.

Edited by morriss at 16:51:12 07-08-2006
  • marilena 7 Aug 2006 16:56:14 8,203 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Latin, I'm sorry, but we have different definitions for variation. This is variation. I don't know if you like or dislike Pitt, anyway, don't take that into account, just take a look at how different his roles are in films like Twelve Monkeys, Snatch, Fight Club, Thelma and Luise etc.
  • morriss 7 Aug 2006 16:57:48 71,286 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    marilena wrote:
    Latin, I'm sorry, but we have different definitions for variation. This is variation. I don't know if you like or dislike Pitt, anyway, don't take that into account, just take a look at how different his roles are in films like Twelve Monkeys, Snatch, Fight Club, Thelma and Luise etc.

Mr. Wooden? Youre having a laugh. He ruined se7en.

/is Spanky
  • Deleted user 7 August 2006 16:58:16
    morriss wrote:
    kalel wrote:

You missed out then. If you couldn't appreciate the drama in The Insider I'd rather you just put me on ignore to save any further embarassment.

For both of us.

Edited by morriss at 16:51:12 07-08-2006

Hehe, wait till you get me started on Heat. Jesus Christ just thinking about it makes...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • morriss 7 Aug 2006 16:59:40 71,286 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Heat=Shit. We agree. The Insider though, too wordy for ya was it? No enough helicopters? Too 'close' subject matter?

Seriously though. Insider was/is a brilliant movie, from the Direction through to the music. (has soundtrack)
  • UncleLou Moderator 7 Aug 2006 17:00:33 35,855 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    kalel wrote:

Not enough muscular men with oily black hair in colourful underpants and latex suits, eh, I see. ;)

• UncleLou Moderator 7 Aug 2006 17:01:01 35,855 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    morriss wrote:
    Heat=Shit. We agree. The Insider though, too wordy for ya was it? No enough helicopters? Too 'close' subject matter?

Seriously though. Insider was/is a brilliant movie, from the Direction through to the music. (has soundtrack)

Heat = one of the best action movies since the 70ies.
  • Kami 7 Aug 2006 17:03:11 2,470 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I kinda liked him in Devils Advocate... I liked the acting there.

But neither yay or nay... just... mmmkay.

Master of Tekisuto No Kabe. *bows*
    And you're reading this why?!

• Page

of 4 First / Last