Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You've wasted your life.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• nickthegun 4 Jan 2013 16:11:45 61,039 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    w00t wrote:
    Legion is on the loose at present. That could be amusing.
    Oh yeah, hes basically got his own book now. I kind of hope they promote him rather than bring Prof X back.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• opalw00t 4 Jan 2013 16:17:09 11,251 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I think that's the plan as he seems to want to carry out his dad's dream (albeit via his own methods) from the bits I've seen.

The day charity died - NEVER FORGET

(the mic was OK in the end)

• morriss 4 Jan 2013 22:31:54 71,283 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just finished Moore's and Gaiman's Miracle Man. Probably one of the best things I've ever read. Stunning.

Edited by morriss at 22:32:49 04-01-2013
  • caligari 4 Jan 2013 22:33:07 17,180 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    morriss wrote:
    Jus finish Moore's and Gaiman's Miracle Man. Probably one of the best things I've ever read. Stunning.
    I can't believe that I've never got around to reading this (well, I don't remember it even if I have). I'm off to hunt down a copy.

I did come home with a chunky version of Gaiman's 'Eternals' - looks like it could be quite fun. Has anyone read it?

Edited by caligari at 22:34:07 04-01-2013
  • morriss 4 Jan 2013 22:43:39 71,283 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Mm really is quite an experience. Don't know how to describe it: beautiful is a bit boring, but it is, it really is.

Edited by morriss at 22:44:04 04-01-2013
  • nickthegun 4 Jan 2013 22:47:31 61,039 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Its probably my favourite thing Moore has written and Gaimans contribution isnt too shabby either.

• morriss 4 Jan 2013 22:54:44 71,283 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I really like the direction it was going under Gaiman. Apparently Marvel has just bought the rights to the original Marvel Man. So the rights wrangle rumbles on.
  • spamdangled 4 Jan 2013 22:56:37 27,425 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I took a big metaphorical pair of scissors to my pull list the other day. Out went a load of superhero stuff that I was only picking up out of habit and in came a lot more stuff I keep hearing great stuff about like The Massive, Mara, Fatale, Manhattan Projects.

The more I read online the more I'm convinced I've made a good decision.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• morriss 4 Jan 2013 22:59:08 71,283 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    What's Promethea like?
  • nickthegun 4 Jan 2013 23:04:49 61,039 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hard to read and meandering.

• spamdangled 4 Jan 2013 23:05:44 27,425 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's ok. Not his best work by a long shot imo and it gets a bit mary-sue here and there.

edit: Mary Sue probably not accurate. Was trying to think of a more tactful way of saying "frequently thinly-veiled platform for promoting his own religious beliefs"

Edited by darkmorgado at 23:08:59 04-01-2013

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• nickthegun 4 Jan 2013 23:06:59 61,039 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If youre going through the back catalogue (have you got to top ten yet?) Albion is quite good and, obviously, his run on swamp thing is right up there.

• Deleted user 4 January 2013 23:36:38
    darkmorgado wrote:
    If you have a spare week or two I could give the last 30 years a broad shot.
    Go for it. Make sure you're thorough.
  • morriss 4 Jan 2013 23:54:59 71,283 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    If youre going through the back catalogue (have you got to top ten yet?) Albion is quite good and, obviously, his run on swamp thing is right up there.
    I've got the Swamp Thing comics where he takes over Gotham City. They are excellent.

Top Ten is on the list.
  • Spanky 5 Jan 2013 00:35:36 14,576 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    morriss wrote:
    Just finished Moore's and Gaiman's Miracle Man.
    Thief! :p

Plubs

• khaz 5 Jan 2013 04:19:46 2,824 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    Even One More Day?

Look at it this way, would you rather have them put Norman Osborne in the suit?

:)

Personally I quite like the idea of a more in-depth look at the sort of stuff that was only really hinted at back in Kraven's Last Hunt, so I don't have a problem with having a villain in the suit for a while. The trick will be in the execution, but I have confidence in Slott to pull it off ok.
    I still haven't gone back to Spidey since OMD dm. Yes, i'm still bitter.

If I do, where should I be starting? I'm quite adept at knowing when to stop now before Marvel do their usual cocking up. I simply do not have the patience anymore to deal with Marvel/DC tomfoolery.

Fucking Marvel/DC comics. Love'em and hate'em in equal measure. :)

Edited by khaz at 04:21:53 05-01-2013
  • khaz 5 Jan 2013 04:26:45 2,824 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    Interestingly or not, they have actually fixed that universe wide by nerfing or outright killing all the telepaths.
    Well, until they decided to bring back the X-gene.
    Wot?
  • khaz 5 Jan 2013 04:51:55 2,824 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    morriss wrote:
    What's Promethea like?
    Not as good as Tom Strong which is my current favourite Alan Moore work.
  • morriss 5 Jan 2013 07:21:59 71,283 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Spanky wrote:
    morriss wrote:
    Just finished Moore's and Gaiman's Miracle Man.
    Thief! :p
    :)

I'm buying it! Issue #1 is on its way. Honest, guv.

It's got this dark side that really made uncomfortable. Johnny Bates is literally scary.
  • nickthegun 5 Jan 2013 09:54:11 61,039 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The spreads drawn literally 30 seconds after he gets swapped back in are some of the best in comic history. Absolutely hardcore.

Raining hands, feet, babies and tits all over the shop.

• spamdangled 5 Jan 2013 10:04:04 27,425 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    khaz wrote:
    darkmorgado wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    Interestingly or not, they have actually fixed that universe wide by nerfing or outright killing all the telepaths.
    Wot?
    At the end of Avengers vs. X-Men, Scarlet Witch and Hope combined their powers to break up the Phoenix force and spread its energies around the planet, spontaneously causing the reappearance of the mutant gene in the human race (but not actuually undoing M-day, so previous mutants who had been de-powered remained so, whilst previously baseline humans of all ages became mutants).

Yes, it was a very stupid way to do it.

Edited by darkmorgado at 13:37:26 05-01-2013

• morriss 5 Jan 2013 12:47:07 71,283 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    http://yfrog.com/mg97989800j

Going to get the them all. Might get a couple of Warrior editions too.
  • spamdangled 5 Jan 2013 13:36:24 27,425 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    khaz wrote:
    I still haven't gone back to Spidey since OMD dm. Yes, i'm still bitter.

If I do, where should I be starting?
    Honestly? Anything from Slott's run is good. OMD may have been a mess, but at least it put Spidey where they wanted him. Everything post that has been, by and large, pretty damn good.

If you're looking for specific arcs, then Big Time, The Gauntlet and End of The World are pretty good.

The Gauntlet in particular.

Bear in mind though that the whole of Slott's run (all 100 issues... so far) is effectively one massive storyline, just with individual arcs along the way. He also brought back the supporting cast in a big way, so it can get a bit soap-opera. He was also seeding #700 pretty much from the start. Because of that, while you can follow the arcs pretty easily, some of the character interactions might leave you a bit lost.

• khaz 6 Jan 2013 05:22:12 2,824 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    khaz wrote:
    darkmorgado wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    Wot?
    At the end of Avengers vs. X-Men, Scarlet Witch and Hope combined their powers to break up the Phoenix force and spread its energies around the planet, spontaneously causing the reappearance of the mutant gene in the human race (but not actuually undoing M-day, so previous mutants who had been de-powered remained so, whilst previously baseline humans of all ages became mutants).

Yes, it was a very stupid way to do it.

Well, if you cause it in the first place with the idiotic retcon that was M-Day you need an equally stupid way to fix it.

Edited by khaz at 05:27:31 06-01-2013
  • nickthegun 6 Jan 2013 11:25:35 61,039 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Its not really a retcon. It was a solution to the very real problem that the whole point of the x-men is that mutants are a persecuted minority. When the population expands to the point where they have their own city and you cant walk down a street without tripping over someone with eight arms, you have a fundamental shift in what the book is about.

But then it went the other way and reduced the population so drastically, you couldnt have the warring ideologies anymore. Which was fine for a while but ultimately unsustainable.

In summary: the x-men suck. Ive read them in a reasonably dedicated fashion for a while and I cant keep a track of whats going on. There is no internal continuity between books, so fuck them.

• morriss 6 Jan 2013 11:35:35 71,283 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Anyone read Brubaker's Criminal and Scene of the Crime?
  • Spanky 6 Jan 2013 12:14:13 14,576 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Nope but i've quite literally just finished Fatale, nice art but was under the impression it was a limited series, it's not, little resolution.

Plubs

• spamdangled 6 Jan 2013 15:36:23 27,425 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Spanky wrote:
    Nope but i've quite literally just finished Fatale, nice art but was under the impression it was a limited series, it's not, little resolution.
    Fatale is actually one of the ones I've just added to my pull list after reading so much good stuff about it. Along with Mara, The Massive and The Manhattan Projects.

• morriss 8 Jan 2013 16:29:54 71,283 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/174315-guillermo-del-toro-confirms-dc-comics-project-dark-universe

"I'm working on it," del Toro says. "I'm writing the outline and we're already in talks with a writer. A very, very good writer. People are probably going to be happy with who we have chosen. He accepted. I've been courting this writer, who I think is the perfect guy for this job. We're doing it. Hopefully it will happen."

The Pacific Rim director goes on to hint that the lineup for the project includes Swamp Thing, The Demon, John Constantine, Deadman, The Spectre and the father/daughter pair of Zatara and Zatanna.

"The movement for this happened before [The Avengers]," del Toro adds about DC building its own cinematic universe. "They were already galvanized to launch 'Justice League' and they were galvanized to make their universe cohesive... They are really, really, with 'Superman', very, very confident with what they have. They are now feeling they have two pillars. Batman and Superman... There's a foundation that now they can build on."
    Edited by morriss at 16:30:44 08-01-2013
  • Page

of 66 First / Last