Team Fortress 2 Page 4

• Page

of 152 First / Last

• Universal_Hamster 24 Aug 2006 10:05:38 4,948 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Thats one really fucking innacurate minigun.
    Looks super though.
  • Pike 24 Aug 2006 10:07:15 13,448 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Universal Hamster wrote:
    ´

Well, a minigun would be pretty inaccurate, if carried around.

But the game does indeed look great.
  • mouse Moderator 24 Aug 2006 10:07:43 10,312 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    disc wrote:
    It's all in the shaders mouse.

Yeah I know how it works, but I just get this feeling that the Doom engine is designed around that dark and shiny style, whereas Source is more all-encompassing. Kind of like how no matter how the Unreal engine was used, it always had that look to it. I realise people may well think I'm talking out my arse, but at least I know what I mean :)
  • Universal_Hamster 24 Aug 2006 10:10:37 4,948 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Pike wrote:
    Universal Hamster wrote:
    ´

Well, a minigun would be pretty inaccurate, if carried around.

But the game does indeed look great.
    Damn it! Have years of first-person shooters taught you nothing? ;-)

I just mean that the bullets seem to fly from some very unlikely angles.

And look of the size of the guy carrying it! Hes HEEEYOUGE! He could hold it steady.
  • TwistidChimp 24 Aug 2006 10:53:03 8,825 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mouse wrote:
    You lot seen this new trailer? Looks dead smart! Really shows off the versatility of Source I think; you couldn't pull that style off with the Doom 3 engine, I reckon.

Gagh, that looks so so awsome.
  • Pirotic Moderator 24 Aug 2006 11:15:07 20,646 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Really love the graphical style, kudos to Valve for trying something a little different and pulling it off with flair.

My only concern is, from that video I'm guessing almost everybody is going to want to be the spy :D
  • Aga 24 Aug 2006 11:28:19 2,148 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    so they spent 8 years giving it a cartoon look and kept the gameplay. sounds promising.
  • TwistidChimp 24 Aug 2006 11:29:00 8,825 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Pirotic wrote:
    Really love the graphical style, kudos to Valve for trying something a little different and pulling it off with flair.

My only concern is, from that video I'm guessing almost everybody is going to want to be the spy :D

Naa, I think they all look awsome. Although the minigun dude does look woefully inacurate.
  • magicpanda 24 Aug 2006 11:37:26 13,266 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    mouse wrote:
    You lot seen this new trailer? Looks dead smart! Really shows off the versatility of Source I think; you couldn't pull that style off with the Doom 3 engine, I reckon.

Heh absolutely class video, I cant wait for this now.

Doesn't look like they have messed with the forumla much. I really hope they put out a decent number of maps to begin with instead of relying on the community to do thier work for them. As it stands ive only seen 1 map so far.
  • Aga 24 Aug 2006 11:48:22 2,148 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I would think they convert all the maps they have the rights to, or at least those that were default in TFC.
  • Aga 4 Sep 2006 09:20:05 2,148 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Eurogamer waits for TF2

Don't know if Eurogamer was around yet, but still. Been some time!
  • AdamWest 4 Sep 2006 10:13:08 715 posts
    Registered 8 years ago
    1999 probably for eurogamer.

and oh my, this thread lost some legendary ownage with the deletion of Leader-1.
  • Aga 4 Sep 2006 10:51:02 2,148 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    valid point blizeH, with the widespread use of bunny jumping, soldiers became a natural attack class in the last stages of qwtf, while in tfc medics and scouts was still the preferred attack options due to the conc trickery.
  • Wobble 4 Sep 2006 13:58:24 1,029 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    bit worried that they're changing the medic too, I used to play medic like an evil scout... concs for fast movement.. infection just to annoy. :)

I want to see what the upgraded sentry guns look like now too...

/waits impatiently for the 3rd trailer...
  • ecureuil 4 Sep 2006 14:15:42 76,514 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Medics have gotta have concs, can't beat a good bit of conc jumping action. If they don't have concs, what else do they have? A medpack and a BB gun! Hooray!

In the video, is that an updated 2fort?! Watching the Scouts part, you can clearly tell that this is the new 2fort, and it looks brilliant. It was always the best map. I'm really excited for this now.
  • Aga 4 Sep 2006 16:16:37 2,148 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The map is definately 2fort, looking very much like its previous versions in parts.

A medic was more or less considered a scout with grenades. You also dealt more damage with a double shotgun. The nailgun and medpack was more annoying than anything.
  • AdamWest 12 Sep 2006 10:47:06 715 posts
    Registered 8 years ago
    oh god. yeah it isn't exactly the same game as before, you'll have to learn to play it as if it was a new game. jesus christ what a shock
  • ecureuil 12 Sep 2006 12:40:09 76,514 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    blizeH wrote:
    "The medic has changed almost completely in terms of how he works relative to previous TF, but his focus is still the same as we wantedfor the old medic but never achieved.. He's a support class, he makes everyone round him more powerfull just by his presence. He's good at offence because as you leave your base, the ability to be resupplied etc goes away because you dont have your weapons cashes and so on. The medic does all that for you."

So.. the Medic will resupply you with ammo as well as health?
  • ecureuil 12 Sep 2006 12:44:56 76,514 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    blizeH wrote:
    Yeah, and they've removed concs = huge nerf :/

From just Medics?
  • AdamWest 12 Sep 2006 12:46:21 715 posts
    Registered 8 years ago
    good god. shut the fuck up with the retardspeak. go and play tfc if that's what you want. they're not going to let the years of development training and maturing they've had go to waste just so you can have a repackaged nostalgia trip. for fucks sake
  • AdamWest 12 Sep 2006 12:57:35 715 posts
    Registered 8 years ago
    jesus fucking christ
  • ecureuil 12 Sep 2006 13:00:27 76,514 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They can't strip scouts of concs, that was a fundamental part of the gameplay. If it's true, they will soon put them back in, because there will be a lot of complaints.
  • AdamWest 12 Sep 2006 13:05:29 715 posts
    Registered 8 years ago
    oh lord, would you knuckleheads shut up already. they're not going to ship a broken game. on release they will have enough qa hours on that for it to be balanced and playable. for fucks sake
  • AdamWest 12 Sep 2006 13:06:05 715 posts
    Registered 8 years ago
    *balanced and playable with all classes
  • Page

of 152 First / Last