Team Fortress 2 Page 150

• Page

of 152 First / Last

• Deleted user 20 August 2012 15:14:53
    Still not played this.

Shall we get some monies together and get a TF2 server for this?
  • SpaceDave3000 20 Aug 2012 16:12:51 78,417 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Sticky bombs don't stick to players either, they've always meant to be stuck to the environment.

Edited by Dirtbox at 16:13:13 20-08-2012

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• Deleted user 20 August 2012 16:24:59
    How much does a server cost? Can you mix modes and maps?
  • orpheus 20 Aug 2012 17:00:33 1,007 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    magicpanda wrote:
    There's shiny golden mechanical cock to be had!
    SOLD! :D

Edited by orpheus at 17:00:46 20-08-2012
  • orpheus 20 Aug 2012 19:10:37 1,007 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Got your add Apostle, will try to be on around 8ish if people want to group up?
  • onestepfromlost 20 Aug 2012 19:13:53 2,083 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    so the demoman is scottish?He doesnt look very scottish
  • Deleted user 20 August 2012 19:56:11
    @orpheus Sounds good to me.

Anyone else about?
  • Deleted user 20 August 2012 22:52:11
    Good games all. Got a bit tough there at the end, had so many close calls it was amazing! Spy bots can piddle the naff off! :)
  • Cosquae 21 Aug 2012 08:00:02 1,227 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah, good games last night. Advanced certainly is a lot harder, though not impossible. The 20 minute server limit is a pain though.

If I ever see another backstabbing spy again, it'll be too soon...
  • MikeP 21 Aug 2012 10:43:22 1,931 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm glad I started out with the Heavy, and it was a lot of fun. I quite like the idea of the medic, but I imagine being effective in the chaos would be pretty tough in MvM

PSN ID: Mikenetic

• orpheus 21 Aug 2012 11:41:58 1,007 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've favourited the server from last night as it allowed votes and had a 40 minute map limit. :)
  • Metalfish 21 Aug 2012 12:49:33 8,830 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Having played around with this a bit, I can report back with the following: if it's a bit shit in normal mode, there's a good chance it's massively powerful in MvM.

Huntsman + penetration + reload speed + damage = everything dead.

Phlog = many, many crits.

Kunai = a whole lot of health to run away with.
  • faux-C 21 Aug 2012 13:13:02 9,440 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    efebayor wrote:
    Still not played this.

Shall we get some monies together and get a TF2 server for this?
    I vote yes!
  • binky Moderator 27 Aug 2012 19:41:25 9,700 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Had a go at MvM today, first time I've tried TF2 in a while. Only played for an hour but really enjoyed it and want more!

Not sure I understand all the collectible stuff, is it all just for show or are their actual benefits?
  • Cosquae 27 Aug 2012 19:44:38 1,227 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Some is for show, others (like weapons) have benefits above and beyond the standard loadout though nothing too balance breaking.
  • Deleted user 27 August 2012 20:21:11
    Damn it, I played some CTF and I wanted to upgrade my clip size, health on kill and all the other cool stuff you do in MvM!! It's just not the same now :(
  • X201 29 Aug 2012 12:36:39 15,576 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Mann vs Machine.

Have been playing it the last few days and I'm a bit unsure about it.

Don't get me wrong, the gameplay is good, but either the difficulty is pitched too high, or the only way to play and win is with a team of friends who all know their respective tasks. It seems impossible to progress beyond the 6th wave with random users.

Also you can be enjoying a game and then two people leave, and others leave and before you know it there are only two or three of you left, yet the game takes no notice of this and doesn't adjust the levels difficulty.

The game is good, I'm not knocking the gameplay, but currently every MvM experience so far can be summed up as: Wait 4 minutes to join server, enjoy game until wave 5 or 6, fail level 6 a couple of times, some quit forcing others to quit, causing impossible progression for those left. Quit. :(
  • Cosquae 29 Aug 2012 16:01:03 1,227 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It's very dependant upon how lucky you are in getting group members I've found. I've been in some horrible groups with either incompetent players or very bad group mix (how many snipers do we really need, guys?). Failing at wave 1 is a good indicator something is awry.

But last night, random group, managed to do all 6 stages of Mannworks collecting 100% of the money and only dying once in my demo. Everyone knew what they were doing from the scout harvesting cash to the engi moving turrets and surviving sentry busters. It was a sight to behold I tell you...

Never had it take 4 minutes for me to load though. 30 seconds and I'm in.

Edited by Cosquae at 16:01:25 29-08-2012
  • binky Moderator 29 Aug 2012 16:47:33 9,700 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Takes about 4-5 minutes before I get in game too (including the ridiculous time it takes for "retrieving server info" grrr.

Last night I played with randoms and as you stated above we were doing ok up until wave 6. Hit a brick wall completely! Must have taken about 45 mins to do that one wave, but then smashed wave 7 in a single attempt. Got to wave 8... and then my connection died! Was gutted.

Really like it. I don't know what makes it any different to firefight on halo, or horde mode on GoW, probably the bags and bags of character it has. Haven't played anything on PC/MAC in years but this is wonderful.
  • Deleted user 29 August 2012 16:52:16
    From my experiences players are generally getting it now, and, dare I say, it may be a bit too easy now. Maybe I've been lucky but everyone does their job and the difficult waves normally only need one more go, a little adjustment by all, and bingo.

I'm assuming Valve are going to make more maps? Can community maps be created for this mode?
  • orpheus 29 Aug 2012 17:54:39 1,007 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Apostle wrote:
    From my experiences players are generally getting it now, and, dare I say, it may be a bit too easy now. Maybe I've been lucky but everyone does their job and the difficult waves normally only need one more go, a little adjustment by all, and bingo.

I'm assuming Valve are going to make more maps? Can community maps be created for this mode?
    Are you trying the advanced modes, or just ending up in normal difficulty rooms? I've found the normal dif ones rather easy with a decent team, but the same is rarely true of the advanced difs!
  • X201 29 Aug 2012 19:49:38 15,576 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well that was an hour of my life wasted. :(

Wait 5 minutes to connect
    First game: I had bad feelings when I saw the team had 3 engineers, following a request for one of them to play Pyro, and the non-consenting reply that I shall summarise as "No". Three failed attempts to get past the first wave, I decided to cut my losses.

Wait 5 minutes for next server.
    Join game to hear two say, "We'll never do it with only two", they quit leaving me on my own.

Another 5 minutes.
    Join game where everyone is talking about quitting, they play one more game and then quit leaving me and another chap. He stays for a minute or two. Then says sorry and quits.

Another 5 minutes
    Join game Where one player is trying to explain the pointlessness of playing Spy against an army of scouts. "I'm great at being a Spy" comes the reply. Fail the wave three times. Most quit.

I decide to call it a day.

:(

Edited by X201 at 19:49:59 29-08-2012
  • Deleted user 29 August 2012 20:44:34
    @orpheus Pretty sure they're normal difficulty servers, I don't know how to tell though? I just use the server browser and join the first one with a good ping and 4/5 players. Don't bother with the matchmaking thing, it just hangs for minutes! I'm not that patient.
  • binky Moderator 29 Aug 2012 21:07:25 9,700 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    If anyone fancies a game I'm heading in now.
  • orpheus 29 Aug 2012 21:24:11 1,007 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Apostle yeah most of them are - if you hit esc in game, there's a little vote icon in whatever the topmost button is (server I think, shit memory). Click it & it'll let you start a vote to change the map/difficulty etc. Afaik there's no in-game difficulty notification, annoyingly.

Adv & Adv + really need a good team tho.
  • SuperBas 2 Sep 2012 10:32:12 1,467 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Why are there so many idiots who fail to see the big flashing "PRESS F4 WHEN READY" text? A minute isn't really that long, but why wait if you're a heavy or a scout, standing at the front lines? Are you really that stupid?
  • X201 3 Sep 2012 12:39:47 15,576 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well, bit of a turnaround from my previous posts.

Played MVM a fair but over the weekend and managed to clear two waves.
    Having a co-operative team makes all the difference (and the way they talk to each other - but more on that later), the game goes like clockwork with everyone either sticking to their task or mucking-in wherever needed.

Had brilliant medics deploying the Uber at just the right time. I manufactured myself a canteen and had a few Ubers in that too. A money collecting Scout makes a massive difference.

In between the two wave clearances, there was a couple of classic examples of how not to do it. An irritating user who was bossing everyone around and insulting people's playing ability. Was labelled as an "11 year old" by the others and had the mick taken out of him"

The other was a whiny American who ordered everyone to do what he wanted telling people what class they should be and moaning when the wave was lost. People left, I left just after he started moaning about the fact that it was his Squad Surplus voucher that was allowing people to get the extra items.

They contrasted starkly with the bloke in another game who was politely suggesting that the Engi move his dispenser, or that it would be helpful if a new player played as Scout. Which people did, because he explained why it would help.

The only problem with MVM still, is the randomness of landing in a good team.

Edited by X201 at 12:44:03 03-09-2012
  • dsmx 3 Sep 2012 13:10:27 7,648 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The problem with mvm is the problem with all team games with a small player count 1 areshole ruins it for everyone.

Edited by dsmx at 13:11:09 03-09-2012

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• grayn 3 Sep 2012 15:21:51 339 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Finally completed a Tour on Mann Up mode last night; got a silver Botkiller scattergun for my troubles.
  • Page

of 152 First / Last