Tesco Footie Gamecards : a question to the forum

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Whizzo 15 Jun 2006 14:43:13 43,269 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    During the World Cup Tesco are giving everyone who spends more than a tenner a gamecard.

It has two panels; one marked "Love Football?" the other "Hate Football?", you open up one or the other to see if you've won a prize.

Now I've had about 4 of these things, other members of my family have had some as well, yet not a single one has had a prize under the "Love Football?" panel yet there's always something under the "Hate Football?" one.

Now the common prize I've found under the hate tab has been a cheaper entry fee to a Madame Tussaud's theme park, I have also had a free DVD rental trial (which I can still use anyway as it's a hyperlink) and today I got a fiver off a mobile phone handset.

Now, after all that, the question : has anyone had anything under the "Love Football?" panel?

This space left intentionally blank.

• Blerk Moderator 15 Jun 2006 14:44:42 48,225 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've never opened a Love Football panel. I always seem to get 50pee off Capri Sun. Anyone like Capri Sun?
  • Lukus 15 Jun 2006 14:45:12 19,360 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Nope. But I'm heading there now for beer and food, so i'll let you know today's result.

Paintings & Photographs

• RedboX 15 Jun 2006 14:50:28 2,430 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I've had 50p off Lynx Body spray, 60p of a box of KitKats and a free music download form the Hate Football side. and I had one other card that was a looser on both sides.

Top Tip: Hold the card upto the light and you can see which has a barcode.
  • Whizzo 15 Jun 2006 15:15:48 43,269 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Oooh good top tip, I'll have to try that next card I get.

This space left intentionally blank.

• Lukus 15 Jun 2006 16:27:15 19,360 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Damn it! I wasn't given a card! Do you need to spend over a tenner or have a club card?
    On the plus side, I was served by possibly the most attractive checkout girl I've ever seen. Needless to say I checked HER out. Ho ho hahahaha ha ha ha he ha ha.. ahem.

Paintings & Photographs

• Blerk Moderator 15 Jun 2006 16:31:21 48,225 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    You've got to spend more than a tenner, man.
  • Lukus 15 Jun 2006 16:33:20 19,360 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Bugger. Maybe I should go back, and not say one.solitary.word to the attractive checkout girl. Then she'll want me.

Paintings & Photographs

• Merlinho 15 Jun 2006 16:47:16 5,908 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Trouble with attractive tesco's workers, is that you just know that they're thick as shit, puts a major downer on their attractiveness.

Probably major stereotyping there, but the last two times I've been to Tesco's, I've had female checkworkers saying "I've never seen one of them before, is it a vegetable?" while weighing an Artichoke, and practically asking me out to see the Da Vinci Code because I bought some Haagendasz (major weirdo, don't ask).

But back to the OP, yeah, hold them up to a light, you can make out "UNLUCKY" on one side of the card. I won 20p off Irnbru, hazzah!!
  • Leela 15 Jun 2006 17:23:43 485 posts
    Registered 10 years ago
    only had one so far - nothing :o(
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next