Metroid Prime, OMFG! Page 13

  • Page

    of 13 First / Last

    Next
  • Alastair 12 Mar 2014 10:46:18 15,569 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I think my bro has my copy of Prime. No doubt his kids have scratched the disc to fuck, as they seem to have no concept of taking care of anything...

    /grumble grumble

    Not as nice as I used to be

  • Kay 12 Mar 2014 10:47:15 17,798 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Echoes was harder iirc, thanks mainly to the light/dark world mechanic making the map much more confusing and difficult to traverse. I think the bosses were harder too.

    This thread is making me want to finally get round to playing Corruption, and possibly replay the Trilogy version of Prime 1 as well. Wonder how the game holds up after all these years.

    Needless to say, an HD Metroid is long overdue.
  • Armoured_Bear 12 Mar 2014 10:48:25 10,511 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Kay wrote:
    Echoes was harder iirc, thanks mainly to the light/dark world mechanic making the map much more confusing and difficult to traverse. I think the bosses were harder too.

    This thread is making me want to finally get round to playing Corruption, and possibly replay the Trilogy version of Prime 1 as well. Wonder how the game holds up after all these years.

    Needless to say, an HD Metroid is long overdue.
    After the annoying first hour or so Corruption is great and the controls are awesome.
    It's not quite as good as the first two but has some stunning areas.

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • Alastair 12 Mar 2014 10:49:50 15,569 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Corruption is/was on the Wii, right?

    Not as nice as I used to be

  • Kay 12 Mar 2014 10:59:26 17,798 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    After the annoying first hour or so Corruption is great and the controls are awesome.
    It's not quite as good as the first two but has some stunning areas.
    That annoying first hour was enough to put me off the game completely, unfortunately. This was back when the game first came out, and I haven't touched it since.

    Six years on, with no new Retro Metroid since (and no sign of one coming anytime soon), it's now looking more appealing than ever.
  • Raiko101 12 Mar 2014 11:08:37 6,181 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Give it a go. It's really not a bad game at all. Better than Echoes, in my opinion.

    3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

  • SuperCoolEskimo 12 Mar 2014 11:28:42 9,760 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Gave up on Corruption because of the Wiimote controls but also because of the talking NPCs everywhere.

    What made Prime such a special game was how brilliantly Retro created a true feeling of loneliness on a desolate planet, and gradually piecing together an idea of the previous inhabitants and their story, and the imbalance being created by the new habitants.
  • Tonka 12 Mar 2014 11:31:58 20,167 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I remember thinking that Prime was the perfect game and that ALL videogames should be like it.

    Then Echoes left me felling more than a bit Meh for some reason I couldn't put my finger on. I remember someone on here explained it though. Something about the weapon upgrades being all wrong.

    Maybe I should hook up my old GameCube...

    If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

  • AcidSnake 12 Mar 2014 11:33:39 7,233 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @SuperCoolEskimo:
    I though the Wiimote controls worked beautifully...

    And the chatty NPCs all but disappear after an hour or so...

    AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

  • Kay 12 Mar 2014 11:44:07 17,798 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Tonka wrote:
    Then Echoes left me felling more than a bit Meh for some reason I couldn't put my finger on. I remember someone on here explained it though. Something about the weapon upgrades being all wrong.
    That person was most likely ProfessorLesser, complaining about the limited ammo for the light/dark weapons and the screw attack being pointless (iirc), amongst other things...

    I still loved Echoes, though not as good as the original. I can see why it put a lot of people off though, not sure if I'd have the patience for it nowadays.
  • Tonka 12 Mar 2014 11:49:40 20,167 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yes, the good old Prof.

    If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

  • telboy007 12 Mar 2014 13:31:46 430 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @AcidSnake YES! :) Because you get to kill them, muwhahahaha!!!.

    Unlocked the achievement Exploring Uranus

  • Armoured_Bear 12 Mar 2014 13:35:39 10,511 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    SuperCoolEskimo wrote:
    Gave up on Corruption because of the Wiimote controls but also because of the talking NPCs everywhere.

    What made Prime such a special game was how brilliantly Retro created a true feeling of loneliness on a desolate planet, and gradually piecing together an idea of the previous inhabitants and their story, and the imbalance being created by the new habitants.
    What didn't you like about the controls?
    After the first hour or so there's no NPCs, just good old only Samus.

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • Rufus 12 Mar 2014 17:42:45 1,754 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Mapping missiles to the wiimote d-pad was a pain if you didn't have large hands, and navigating between visors using the "-" button combined with the pointer could be equally frustrating at times. Didn't spoil my enjoyment but I could perfectly understand if it did hinder others.

    Excuse the pun but I'll echo others in that I thought Corruption was better than Echoes. The Dark/Light mechanic ruined my enjoyment of exploring!
  • Sharzam 18 Mar 2014 21:19:18 2,832 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Corruption easily has the best shooter controls of modern games. Ok took some getting used to, but using the wiimote to move leavers and the lock on worked perfectly really immersed me into the world.

    One of the few games that actually benefited from motion controls i felt. To me its telling that i actually completed it. As for my thoughts on Echoes yup i agree, it was a confusing mess at times. Half the time you really didn't know where you were coming or going which is kinda important in a game focused on exploration.

    Edited by Sharzam at 21:20:54 18-03-2014

    Known as 'Sharzam' in 98.5% of games

  • Page

    of 13 First / Last

    Next
Log in or register to reply