Metroid Prime, OMFG! Page 9

• Page

of 13 First / Last

• Charroux 15 Mar 2008 11:34:22 792 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Right - I'm currently stuck on that bloody Omega Pirate. I've looked at several guides online and I *still* can't kill the bastard. I know roughly what to do:
    knock his armour off, and then shoot him when he's invisible and recharging (using the X-Ray visor to see him)

But has anyone got any tips? I see power bombs are a way, but has anyone got a foolproof guide?
  • GrandpaUlrira 15 Mar 2008 11:47:31 3,753 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Charroux wrote:
    Right - I'm currently stuck on that bloody Omega Pirate. I've looked at several guides online and I *still* can't kill the bastard. I know roughly what to do:
    knock his armour off, and then shoot him when he's invisible and recharging (using the X-Ray visor to see him)

But has anyone got any tips? I see power bombs are a way, but has anyone got a foolproof guide?

I haven't got a foolproof guide, but I didn't struggle that much with the Omega Pirate (although Ridley nearly resulted in a pad smashing) but one good rule is never use your best ammo (i.e. super-missiles, power bombs) until the boss gets lower on energy. That's when the tougher attacks start coming out, and that's when you want to take out the boss quickly.
  • JetSetWilly 15 Mar 2008 14:21:07 5,721 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Charroux wrote:

When the cut-scene ends you should immediately go to Morph Ball and boost between his legs. Set off a Power Bomb and get clear of him. With a bit of luck you'll have knocked off a couple of the armour plates. Remove the remainder with charged plasma beam shots.

When he goes invisible you should hang around the phazon pool that was behind him when you entered the room and face back towards the door you came in by. He won't appear in a pool next to where you are, so he'll re-appear by one of the other two. When he does run towards him charging the plasma beam then let it off. If you're quick you might get two shots in, especially if you don't fully charge.

Rinse and repeat.
  • Charroux 15 Mar 2008 15:59:37 792 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Thanks guys - I'll go back and have another go :)
  • Deleted user 15 March 2008 23:55:28
    I remember when Prime came out a few people were having problems with omega pirate. I outed him on my first attempt. Only boss that gave me problems was the last one. It managed to kill me a few times.
  • convercide 17 Mar 2008 08:19:32 6,034 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Rdysn5 wrote:
    I remember when Prime came out a few people were having problems with omega pirate. I outed him on my first attempt. Only boss that gave me problems was the last one. It managed to kill me a few times.

Mine was Meta Ridley. The last was a cinch compared to her.

If you can read this, you don't need glasses.

• JYM60 24 Jan 2009 15:22:27 16,828 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    How awesome is this game!?

Started it last night, having previously watched my brother play about half of it years ago and having played MP2 for a few hours. Was gonna just play MP2 (as I liked it), but thought I might as well start from the start.

It's bloody good it is. Looks amazing too, and it's very imersive. You get a real feeling of being in this starnge place, with nobody to help you, up against god only knows what. Well, my scanner knows too. :)

Ok, the backtracking isn't the most fun (respawning enemies!!!) and the controls can annoy at times, but it's still an awesome game. Great fun finding your way around the areas.

[8/10] http://www.youtube.com/lllBetterThanHalolll

• GrandpaUlrira 24 Jan 2009 15:26:57 3,753 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm considering rebuying this with Wii controls, even though I know it's a bit of a ripoff.
  • convercide 24 Jan 2009 19:21:14 6,034 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    mathesl wrote:

............................................________
    ....................................,.-...................``~.,
    .............................,.-...................................-.,
    .........................,/...............................................:,
    .....................,?......................................................\,
    .................../...........................................................,}
    ................./......................................................,:`^`..}
    .............../...................................................,:........./
    ..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
    ............./__.(.....~-,_..............................,:`........../
    .........../(_....~,_........~,_....................,:`........_/
    ..........{.._$;_......=,_.......-,_.......,.-~-,},.~;/....}
    ...........((.....*~_.......=-._......;,,./`..../............../
    ...,,,___.\`~,......~.,....................`.....}............../
    ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-
    ............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
    .............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
    ,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
    .....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
    ...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
    ................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
    .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
    ........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\

If you can read this, you don't need glasses.

• lavalant 4 Apr 2010 07:51:09 1,322 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    SlackMaster wrote:
    Am I the only one that got bored of MP? It takes so long to get going that after a few hours I just couldn't bring myself to play it anymore.

Never got on with it myself, got around 5 hours in but eventually realised I wasn't having fun and it was a chore to play, Super Metroid is a great game but I disliked the transition to FPS as with Prime, I'm glad the Prime series is finished and they're moving the franchise in a new direction as Other M looks great.
  • Page

of 13 First / Last