The Wire Page 53

• Page

of 55 First / Last

• localnotail 30 Jan 2011 01:37:54 23,093 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Hahahahaha did you not know? She's real too, her story is very interesting.

Her scene in the DIY shop is brilliant

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• urban 30 Jan 2011 01:51:36 10,893 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?! Snoop is a 30yo woman?!

Mind = blown

WTF!? +1
  • Dougs 30 Jan 2011 07:32:19 64,910 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The actress or the character is 30? Surely no surprise that she was female though!
  • Gibroon 30 Jan 2011 08:23:32 1,313 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think she was inside for bumping someone off in real life if I recall.
  • skuzzbag 30 Jan 2011 08:38:54 5,483 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Razz you might need to send in photos of people you know so that we can tell you what sex they are.
  • urban 10 Mar 2011 12:08:57 10,893 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Snoop was introduced to the show by the Actor who plays Omar Little, he met her in a club in Body-more when he was filming the first couple seasons.

I'm re-watching this, on the last episode of season 4.

I love those silent monologues that David Simon dots around, Actors seem to work really hard to pull them off too. The scene where Lester Freamon figures out that the Vacant's are tombs by the fresh nails.
  • Dougs 10 Mar 2011 14:24:09 64,910 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Snoop arrested in drugs bust
  • geeza2020 10 Mar 2011 14:29:34 1,857 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    life imitating art imitating life
  • Deleted user 10 March 2011 15:25:11
    "The actress has a troubled past, having been convicted at age 14 of second-degree murder. More recently, she refused to testify as a witness at a murder trial and was arrested at her then-Northeast Baltimore home."
    Bloody hell.
  • President_Weasel 10 Mar 2011 16:09:32 8,604 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Venkman90 wrote:

As for Omar

Figgis nailed it, no one goes out the way they expect, most of Omar's myth was just that (As seen at the end when the corner boys are talking about his death in exagerated terms), he was just as human as anyone else and it was pure luck he made it as far as he did.

I know this comment is from months ago, but I just read it and I disagree. It was part of Omar's legend that he wouldn't put his gun on a kid or a civilian. And that's how he died - a tiny little hopper killed him, because he thought he was just a kid - so he pointed his gun at him, then looked away and got a bullet through the brain.
    You can also see Michael becoming the new Omar at the end of the series - just like Omar, he's one of the best around, having been well-trained by Marlo's highly skilled crew.
  • HoriZon 10 Mar 2011 16:40:19 13,461 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Need to get back to this watched up to the end of S3 and not gone back for a few months.

Loved it just wanted it to last a bit longer so spaced it out.

I used to be a gamer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

• urban 10 Mar 2011 16:45:19 10,893 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Omar Little is by far my favourite character in the show. However, every character is developed so well it's hard to see any of them go, and for the show to end.

I can't, get, enough. I'll be watching The Corner and Generation Kill again after this.

So it would appear that I missed the last 2 episodes of Season 4 some how, 5 makes a lot more sense now! haha. They could have cancelled right there, of course I'm glad they didn't.
  • Venkman90 10 Mar 2011 19:00:33 4,430 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    President Weasel wrote:
    Venkman90 wrote:

As for Omar

Figgis nailed it, no one goes out the way they expect, most of Omar's myth was just that (As seen at the end when the corner boys are talking about his death in exagerated terms), he was just as human as anyone else and it was pure luck he made it as far as he did.

I know this comment is from months ago, but I just read it and I disagree. It was part of Omar's legend that he wouldn't put his gun on a kid or a civilian. And that's how he died - a tiny little hopper killed him, because he thought he was just a kid - so he pointed his gun at him, then looked away and got a bullet through the brain.
    You can also see Michael becoming the new Omar at the end of the series - just like Omar, he's one of the best around, having been well-trained by Marlo's highly skilled crew.

How is that disagreeing with what I said?

And are you saying that Omar saw Kenard pull a gun and looked away? in which case you are wrong, or at least making a massive assumption. He didn't see Kenard as a threat as he was just a kid, but he was still not the bulletproof ninja people thought he was.
  • jonsaan 10 Mar 2011 19:10:53 25,252 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I love how in the first season Omar is kind of sold to the viewer as a total asshole messing up the main characters thing. By the end of it he's just the nuts and you want him to come out on top. One of the greatest tv show characters ever IMO.

FCUTA!

• urban 16 Mar 2011 00:44:50 10,893 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    jonsaan wrote:
    I love how in the first season Omar is kind of sold to the viewer as a total asshole messing up the main characters thing. By the end of it he's just the nuts and you want him to come out on top. One of the greatest tv show characters ever IMO.

Oh, Indeed.

Reaching the end of season 5 That scene where that little corner hopper kills Omar. Soon as it came on I had to pause to prepare myself to lose him, so sad :( I'm totally gay for Omar.

And when McNulty visits Quantico FBI reads out a Character analysis for the Homeless murders. Basically out lining McNulty's Character to a T. Funny stuff.
  • urban 19 Mar 2011 15:45:08 10,893 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Well that's me finished The Wire. Turns out I missed the Finale on my first run through it.

It's an apt fair well to the show. In the end, everything is the same.
  • MrE26 27 Mar 2011 19:23:13 1,906 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit.
  • Apollo 27 Mar 2011 19:35:14 522 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    If the Wire had been re-imagined as a Victorian Melodrama...http://bit.ly/etrEhd
  • M83J01P97 27 Mar 2011 20:40:26 6,386 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    FX are showing The Wire alongside The Corner from next month for those who have still yet to experience either.
  • Deleted user 29 March 2011 17:15:30
    Almost finished the first season and how the fuck did i miss this seriously? Its brilliant. The fuck did i do is an awesome catchphrase as well.
  • Venkman90 29 Mar 2011 17:26:35 4,430 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hindle wrote:
    Almost finished the first season and how the fuck did i miss this seriously? Its brilliant. The fuck did i do is an awesome catchphrase as well.

Right up there with "Happy now Bitch?"

God I miss Bunk, he should be in every detective show.
  • Fozzie_bear 29 Mar 2011 18:07:18 15,314 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Apollo wrote:
    If the Wire had been re-imagined as a Victorian Melodrama...http://bit.ly/etrEhd

That's fantastic, especially the "fuck..fuck...fuck" scene!

Support the Mowgli Dirty Protest!

• Venkman90 31 Mar 2011 10:44:15 4,430 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I have concluded that the most heinous, irritating prick on The Wire is:

Scott Templeton:

All the other supposed "bad" characters either had strong motivation or were just products of their environments. The cartoon bad-guys like Marrimow never got much in the way of recognition and were likely just old bitter cunts.

Here is a guy with an education, a good career (so you might have to move to another paper) and no real reason to fuck people over but he proceeds to lie his arse off and throw a temper tantrum the second he realises his editor is on to him. He then shows NO conscience AT ALL when his actions lead to two of his colleagues being displaced due to him being a slimly, weasily cunt and to top it off we see him win a Pulitzer at the end.

I would like to think it comes out in the long run he lied and him and the two tossers who backed him have to give it back and end up fucked for life...

• figgis 31 Mar 2011 11:00:53 7,382 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hindle wrote:

It gets even better.
  • Deleted user 12 April 2011 15:01:27
    Now onto the Fourth season and i can say with confidence its way better then The Sopranos. The quality of the characters and the writing is superb.
  • CosmicFuzz 12 Apr 2011 15:02:56 21,244 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Season 5 is my favourite, although I know a lot of people won't agree.

Regardless, it's a fantastic show!

What's your thoughts on Heroes Reborn? Read my TV musings here.

• Deleted user 12 April 2011 15:04:46
    CosmicFuzz wrote:

Really? Even better then season 3? The way they handled Stringer bells death made my jaw drop.
  • Deleted user 12 April 2011 15:06:42
    Didn't like the way that Mcnulty got handled in season 5. Seemed out of character even for him.
  • CosmicFuzz 12 Apr 2011 15:06:43 21,244 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hindle wrote:
    CosmicFuzz wrote:

Really? Even better then season 3? The way they handled Stringer bells death made my jaw drop.

Yeah, I just love the new aspect they bring in (don't want to say too much). It's definitely a little more "out there" compared to other seasons, and perhaps isn't as realistic.

I was gutted when your spoiler happened, wasn't the same after that I didn't think :(

What's your thoughts on Heroes Reborn? Read my TV musings here.

• Razz 12 Apr 2011 15:07:38 59,994 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Hamsterdamn!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

• Page

of 55 First / Last