Most Annoying TV Adverts Page 143

  • Page

    of 143 First / Last

    Next
  • Lukus 4 Feb 2018 10:17:33 21,091 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've got to say, I'm enjoying the recent mini trend for thinly veiled pro EU adverts that's popped up of late - The HSBC bank one with Richard Ayoade and the Ancestry one.

    I can imagine them really pissing off the Brexiteers.
  • Frogofdoom 4 Feb 2018 10:19:11 6,805 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The HSBC one is excellent and not overly subtle.
  • X201 4 Feb 2018 15:57:30 18,338 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    “When guys shave...”

    We fleece them with some overpriced crap shaving gimmick
  • Lukus 5 Feb 2018 22:35:42 21,091 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but the most recent Vodafone advert that's slightly racist where Tim from The Office assumes a man and his wife who have lost their bag are trying to kill him because they're asian is pretty awful.
  • boo 5 Feb 2018 22:54:42 13,421 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    It's f*&king awful because it's got Martin Freeman in it.
    Doesn't matter what it's advertising.
  • X201 6 Feb 2018 06:50:59 18,338 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Nick Grimshaw
    Nuff said


    And robots does not rhyme with donuts
    Pillock
  • mal 9 Feb 2018 16:58:09 29,081 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    The VIPoo advert is back!
  • goatwack 9 Feb 2018 18:04:57 101 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I don't find River Island's 'SS18' ad campaign annoying at all.

    Labels have been pervasive in society for far too long, whether it’s gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion or others.

    Because I enjoy a healthy dose of identity politics in my adverts, not have a clothes retailer just stick to what they're good at. We need to see this in our adverts :rolleyes:

    Yet scroll to the bottom of their website and it'll state 'Shop Men' & 'Shop Women'. Someone clearly didn't get the memo!
  • boo 13 Feb 2018 01:10:35 13,421 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Can someone explain what the hell the WeBuyAnyCar / Phillip Schofield thing is all about? Has PS got incriminating photos of the WBAC owner or something, because I'm struggling to make any other mental leap that puts those two together.
  • Trowel 13 Feb 2018 08:01:48 21,855 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    They've started reshowing the Maltesers ad about the disabled girl wanking off her boyfriend - all kinds of o_O
  • caligari 14 Feb 2018 09:43:08 17,870 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Not exactly annoying (as I don't see it enough) but I get to enjoy these fantastic Entresto ads (tablets for heart failure) when streaming various US shows.

    They're rather creepy, and have a bit of a Total Recall/Black Mirror vibe about them. Interesting that about 50% of the text and dialogue is about how they can cause death to unborn babies, and the other fatal 'side-effects', all whilst a sickeningly saccharine version of 'Tomorrow' plays in the background.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KeuV7hKNwI
  • stephenb 14 Feb 2018 20:33:17 3,374 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The Sun Life over 50's plan one.

    Not only are the plans shit the advert is two old people who are enthusiastically saying they can't wait to fucking die.
  • X201 14 Feb 2018 22:17:20 18,338 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    stephenb wrote:
    The Sun Life over 50's plan one.

    Not only are the plans shit the advert is two old people who are enthusiastically saying they can't wait to fucking die.
    Parsnips
  • stephenb 15 Feb 2018 21:48:03 3,374 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    X201 wrote:
    stephenb wrote:
    The Sun Life over 50's plan one.

    Not only are the plans shit the advert is two old people who are enthusiastically saying they can't wait to fucking die.
    Parsnips
    Oh Parsnip Jam. How we laughed.....fuck off you bunch of wankers.
  • VideoGameAddict25 19 Feb 2018 16:41:23 673 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    That fucking Nationwide advert with the two girls on the keyboard! Could potentially be the worst advert of 2018!
  • Syrette 19 Feb 2018 17:51:14 49,584 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    All of the Maltesers ads are my vote for worst advert/s of 2018, even if (as referred to above) they're not new.
  • LittleSparra 19 Feb 2018 18:37:08 7,698 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Lukus wrote:
    I've got to say, I'm enjoying the recent mini trend for thinly veiled pro EU adverts that's popped up of late - The HSBC bank one with Richard Ayoade and the Ancestry one.

    I can imagine them really pissing off the Brexiteers.
    Just saw that HSBC one. Not super subtle!
  • Fab4 19 Feb 2018 18:55:57 8,250 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    VideoGameAddict25 wrote:
    That fucking Nationwide advert with the two girls on the keyboard! Could potentially be the worst advert of 2018!
    And they made more than one. I just assumed it was a tax write-off.
  • mal 19 Feb 2018 21:26:50 29,081 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    LittleSparra wrote:
    Lukus wrote:
    I've got to say, I'm enjoying the recent mini trend for thinly veiled pro EU adverts that's popped up of late - The HSBC bank one with Richard Ayoade and the Ancestry one.

    I can imagine them really pissing off the Brexiteers.
    Just saw that HSBC one. Not super subtle!
    And at the same time it's not actually a pro-EU advert. It could easily be spun in terms of the brexiteers claimed desire to do a better deal for african farmers. You could understand it as a call to having a soft brexit with little difficulty though, but that's only an anethema to the most racist of the brexiteers, I find.
  • ZuluHero 19 Feb 2018 21:39:27 6,189 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    VideoGameAddict25 wrote:
    That fucking Nationwide advert with the two girls on the keyboard! Could potentially be the worst advert of 2018!
    They're sisters in real life, mostly doing YouTube songs that went big with some viral song they wrote and performed. They seem to have regular spots on some of the radio4 shows, like the Now Show and do write some funny stuff, but those adverts really are dire.
  • VideoGameAddict25 19 Feb 2018 22:56:52 673 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Fab4 wrote:
    VideoGameAddict25 wrote:
    That fucking Nationwide advert with the two girls on the keyboard! Could potentially be the worst advert of 2018!
    And they made more than one. I just assumed it was a tax write-off.
  • cubbymoore 19 Feb 2018 23:01:37 36,647 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    The McDonalds What's a Flat White ad is particularly bad, because it's the ultimate straw man fucking ad. UGH look at this pretentious barista! Isn't he awfully patronising! You don't want that do you? You want a simple down to earth lass who just tells you what the hell a flat white is, no fuss. So don't go to an independent coffee shop, come to us! Come to us!! We're good for you.
  • JamboWayOh 19 Feb 2018 23:09:48 5,237 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    cubbymoore wrote:
    The McDonalds What's a Flat White ad is particularly bad, because it's the ultimate straw man fucking ad. UGH look at this pretentious barista! Isn't he awfully patronising! You don't want that do you? You want a simple down to earth lass who just tells you what the hell a flat white is, no fuss. So don't go to an independent coffee shop, come to us! Come to us!! We're good for you.
    We know what's best for you we do. We're just like you. We can't even spell cupacheeknow coffee, only speccy bastards and the gays know what that is and your not one of those are you. McDonald's: coffee for cretins.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 19 Feb 2018 23:55:54 5,614 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    mal wrote:
    The VIPoo advert is back!
    I've just seen this for the first time

    I couldn't believe my brown eyes
  • Baihu1983 20 Feb 2018 07:00:01 9,688 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    What's a computer?
  • Page

    of 143 First / Last

    Next
Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.