Most Annoying TV Adverts Page 101

• Page

of 120 First / Last

• Dougs 26 Apr 2013 09:48:34 68,545 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Another link, anyone?

Edit: Actually, having googled it, I really don't want to see it. That's insane.

Edited by Dougs at 09:49:34 26-04-2013
  • THFourteen 26 Apr 2013 09:50:59 33,939 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I cant believe how anyone thought it would be acceptable.
  • Lukus 26 Apr 2013 09:53:57 19,288 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    They must have known it would cause a stir. Free publicity. Some good PR will sort out the residual disdain.

Paintings & Photographs

• RobTheBuilder 26 Apr 2013 09:56:50 6,521 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I can't believe they'd be stupid enough to think the publicity from that was worth having. Universal condemnation is not a good brand tactic.
  • Tom_Servo 26 Apr 2013 09:57:24 18,035 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    This really would be taking that to an extreme though! I read about it on the Beeb earlier and it sounds like it became known after someone whose father committed suicide in the same way wrote about it.

There's "all publicity's good publicity" and then there's causing upset to family and friends of people who have killed themselves in their car. Bit hard to come back from that one.
  • Lukus 26 Apr 2013 10:00:25 19,288 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Tom_Servo wrote:

There's "all publicity's good publicity" and then there's causing upset to family and friends of people who have killed themselves in their car. Bit hard to come back from that one.
    Which if you think about it is actually a tiny percentage of their audience. There'll be a significant amount of people who couldn't give a fuck or find it kind of amusing even.

They'll offer a profound apology, make a huge donation to some bereavement charity or something and everyone will forget about it again in a few weeks.

Paintings & Photographs

• RobTheBuilder 26 Apr 2013 10:00:36 6,521 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Tom_Servo that's the person I know and was talking about earlier.
  • TheSaint 26 Apr 2013 10:08:00 14,635 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Anyone else think this sounds a bit off?

It added: "The video was created by an affiliate advertising agency, Innocean Europe, without Hyundai's request or approval.
    Someone must have paid for it and brought the ad space.
  • nickthegun 26 Apr 2013 10:11:50 60,620 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    No, big companies often have guerrilla advertising cells operating around the world. If one gets taken down another steps in to take its place.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• M83J01P97 26 Apr 2013 10:25:20 6,674 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Making an ad for a company without their consent and then trying to sell it to them is actually common place, so in fairness to Hyundai this could be the case here. The fact it made it onto the net seems to suggest Hyundai might have given it a thumbs up though...?

There was a similar situation a few years ago with some Ford Ka ads which showed the cars killing animals. Ford had nothing to do with them but they ad to deal with the back lash.
  • nickthegun 26 Apr 2013 10:28:22 60,620 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Its quite funny, to be honest. I know everyones first reaction to things these days is to throw their hands into the air and scream 'wont somebody think of the children' but it really isnt that bad.

The stupidest thing, to be honest, was thinking that people wouldnt react this way.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• RobTheBuilder 26 Apr 2013 10:32:34 6,521 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @TheSaint I believe Innocean is part owned by Hyundai
  • disusedgenius 26 Apr 2013 10:36:02 5,471 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Its quite funny, to be honest. I know everyones first reaction to things these days is to throw their hands into the air and scream 'wont somebody think of the children' but it really isnt that bad.
    I actually quite like it!
  • RobTheBuilder 26 Apr 2013 10:38:03 6,521 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @nickthegun It's a humourous setup, but that doesn't mean it's acceptable to put out there like that.
  • Deleted user 26 April 2013 11:23:58
    I genuinely didn't give a toss when my esteemed work colleague read out the story from the BBC site earlier.

I then read her blog post and got really upset, it made me see it from the other side of the coin and now I agree that it is a vile and tasteless advert. In fact, being provocative and tasteless in comedy or drama is one thing, but to upset those affected by suicide to sell a fucking car? Piss off.
  • Syrette 26 Apr 2013 21:19:13 43,864 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Cape Town Cape Town Cape Town Cape Town Cape Town Cape Town Cape Town Cape Town Cape Town Cape Town Cape Town Cape Town Cape Town Cape Town Cape Town Cape Town Cape Town Cape Town Cape Town Cape Town Cape Town Cape Town Cape Town Cape Town Cape Town Cape Town Cape Town Cape Town Cape Town Cape Town Cape Town Cape Town Cape Town Cape Town Cape Town Cape Town Cape Town Cape Town Cape Town Cape Town Cape Town Cape Town Cape Town Cape Town Cape Town Cape Town Cape Town Cape Town

• VideoGameAddict25 27 Apr 2013 23:29:27 334 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I've been a long time browser of Eurogamer but I wanted to register just to say some adverts that really piss me off these days:

Wiltshire Farm Foods - I seriously wish Ronnie Corbett would fuck off with flogging ready meals. These bloody adverts are on nearly EVERY fucking break!

Activia - Fuck off Gok Wan!

Corsodyl - "For people who spit blood when they brush their teeth." Yes, that's just what I want to hear when I'm eating.

Danio - So this is what Harry Hill is doing now? Flogging some bloody yoghurt?!

Isme - Carol Vorderman, enough fucking said!

Dulux - The advert starts off with a bunch of kids jumping and screaming. Are you trying to give me a fucking headache?!

Lucky Pants Bingo - Excuse me but what the fuck is this?!

Trivago - "A hotel in Barcelona..." For the 800,000th time, piss off!
  • mal 27 Apr 2013 23:35:11 22,728 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    VideoGameAddict25 wrote:
    Wiltshire Farm Foods - I seriously wish Ronnie Corbett would fuck off with flogging ready meals. These bloody adverts are on nearly EVERY fucking break!
    Stealth 'I watch daytime ITV' post alert.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• robc84 28 Apr 2013 09:09:03 5,833 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I think the worst one out at the moment is that coke zero one.

'Hey remember me? I'm the one who sold you your coca cola. What if i told you you were actually drinking coke zero?'

Truly awful. With the amount of monet coca cola have thats the best they could come up with?!
  • VideoGameAddict25 28 Apr 2013 10:53:52 334 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The latest Go Compare ads. Yes, the opera singing was annoying and so was the "saving the nation" crap but their newest idea just takes the piss. What are they using this time? A fucking dog! What the fuck does that have to do with car insurance?! "We'll save you from getting a ruff deal on your insurance." Oh fuck off!
  • kinky_mong 28 Apr 2013 11:15:00 10,535 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    But the one at the back isn't a real dog?! It's sewn on!

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• Maturin 28 Apr 2013 11:17:46 3,121 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    robc84 wrote:
    Truly awful. With the amount of monet coca cola have thats the best they could come up with?!
    They've invested heavily in fine art? :)
  • RobTheBuilder 28 Apr 2013 11:34:48 6,521 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @VideoGameAddict25 I think that's the whole point...
  • robc84 28 Apr 2013 12:24:08 5,833 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Maturin wrote:
    robc84 wrote:
    They've invested heavily in fine art? :)
    :) damn phone
  • Baihu1983 29 Apr 2013 18:01:10 3,530 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah that bloody Pepsi ad still on all the time.
  • VideoGameAddict25 29 Apr 2013 22:58:13 334 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    That shouty twat from the Safestyle adverts is back on our screens again!
  • Shikasama 29 Apr 2013 23:07:02 7,010 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    robc84 wrote:

'Hey remember me? I'm the one who sold you your coca cola. What if i told you you were actually drinking coke zero?'

Not only is it a shit advert, but my reaction to somene hiding something in my drink and selling me something that I didn't order on purpose would be white hot rage.

Especially if it was a dubbed smarmy cunt on the the massive screen gloating about it.
  • robc84 30 Apr 2013 08:44:35 5,833 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Shikasama wrote:
    robc84 wrote:

Not only is it a shit advert, but my reaction to somene hiding something in my drink and selling me something that I didn't order on purpose would be white hot rage.

Especially if it was a dubbed smarmy cunt on the the massive screen gloating about it.
    And how do none of them realise that there is another cup inside their cup?

Just terrible.
  • Page

of 120 First / Last