Most Annoying TV Adverts Page 93

• Page

of 117 First / Last

• MadCaddy13 11 Oct 2012 22:44:07 1,879 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I watched an ad that had a baby move really weird in her nappy and instantly got annoyed
    Think it was a huggies ad
  • FogHeart 12 Oct 2012 12:40:31 944 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Very glad to see the back of the BT advert where "I boro wyfy for thee Oleempeecs?" It made me cringe that British TV can still show ads with all the racial sensitivity of Mind Your Language. I wonder what music is best here? Gypsy Kings, innit?
  • Lukus 12 Oct 2012 12:50:14 19,050 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The new Costa coffee advert that lasts about 2 hours (probably only a minute, but it feels longer), with the decapitated (if only) heads singing. It's everything that's wrong with advertising today.

Paintings & Photographs

• oceanmotion 14 Oct 2012 16:53:55 15,801 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Chanel with Keira Knightley and Joss Stone. Up itself pouty pose beige shite.

That Roy Orbison one is annoying already.
  • RobTheBuilder 15 Oct 2012 01:35:35 6,521 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Lukus I watched that and wondered what on earth it was going to be for, and then sighed when it ended. A waste of time and money on an idea that could have been done better in many many other ways.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 15 Oct 2012 03:04:30 9,771 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Lukus wrote:
    The new Costa coffee advert that lasts about 2 hours (probably only a minute, but it feels longer), with the decapitated (if only) heads singing. It's everything that's wrong with advertising today.
    That advert is great! If anything it's too short, they should have lengthened the singing heads and put a Costa catchphrase at the end.

Also liking the advert with the babies playing the theme to Come On Eileen iirc. Can't remember which company it is though.
  • Deleted user 15 October 2012 09:42:26
    FogHeart wrote:
    It made me cringe that British TV can still show ads with all the racial sensitivity of Mind Your Language.
    A tv series most people here wouldn't have heard of. I remember watching it way back and thought it was incredibly funny.....when I was 8 or so, but I saw an episode several years ago and it was like watching cars crash, repeatedly :o Love thy Neighbour was another series that seemed just good fun when first broadcast, but now..... O.O !
  • RobTheBuilder 15 Oct 2012 10:41:57 6,521 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Dogme Both written by the same guy I believe. Supposedly Love Thy Neighbour was written to show the stupidity of being racist.
  • mal 15 Oct 2012 15:35:35 22,448 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Dear Mr Dyson, what the fuck is digital about a portable vaccum cleaner? Perhaps you mean it uses a brushless motor using controller logic like, oh, almost all your competition for the last god knows how many years.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• DaM 15 Oct 2012 15:42:54 12,985 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    mal wrote:
    Dear Mr Dyson, what the fuck is digital about a portable vaccum cleaner? Perhaps you mean it uses a brushless motor using controller logic like, oh, almost all your competition for the last god knows how many years.
    It's either On or Off :)
  • RobTheBuilder 15 Oct 2012 16:08:57 6,521 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @mal "Conventional motors work by passing current through their carbon brushes, making them spin. This produces sparks, heat and wasted energy.

Dyson Digital Slim™ cordless vacuums are powered by the Dyson digital motor. Intelligent electronics constantly adjust a powerful magnetic field, so the motor spins at up to 104,000rpm. This creates the most powerful cordless vacuum."
  • FogHeart 15 Oct 2012 17:19:17 944 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @RobTheBuilder I think he's saying that vacuum cleaners haven't used 'conventional motors' for years now. I'll bet many do, but you can always get ones that use a similar one to Dyson, so they shouldn't pretend to be unique.

See also Apple pretending that their new white headphones have a radical design never thought of before.
  • kinky_mong 15 Oct 2012 17:39:36 10,122 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    FogHeart wrote:
    @RobTheBuilder I think he's saying that vacuum cleaners haven't used 'conventional motors' for years now. I'll bet many do, but you can always get ones that use a similar one to Dyson, so they shouldn't pretend to be unique.

See also Apple pretending that their new white headphones have a radical design never thought of before.
    That "radical design" is leaking the majority of sound outside your ears so everyone else on the train is subjected to your shitty taste in music, right?

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• mal 15 Oct 2012 18:10:28 22,448 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @fogheart

Yeah, brushless motors have been around for over forty years now, and I'd be amazed if other hoovers were still using brushed motors, as brushless power characteristics sound better to me (and also, I'm still able to watch telly while upstairs do their hoovering), but to be fair I don't know.

Still, I consider claiming that brushless motors are in some way digital stretching it a bit. Sure, you could consider the logic circuit bit of it as a sort of very specific-purpose digital circuit, but it relies on very analogue feedback systems to keep it in sync.

And also naming something 'adjective adjective' is fucking stupid.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• Lukus 15 Oct 2012 18:20:34 19,050 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    SuperCoolEskimo wrote:
    Lukus wrote:
    That advert is great! If anything it's too short, they should have lengthened the singing heads and put a Costa catchphrase at the end.

Also liking the advert with the babies playing the theme to Come On Eileen iirc. Can't remember which company it is though.
    And you are everything that is wrong with society.

Paintings & Photographs

• SFD 15 Oct 2012 22:45:50 490 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The McDonalds advert with all the different people chatting...

See you later? What does that even mean?

I hate it.
  • Lukus 16 Oct 2012 20:35:53 19,050 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The iPhone advert with the guy saying cheeeeeee*gasp*eeeeeeese. I want to stab his throat in.

Paintings & Photographs

• thelzdking 16 Oct 2012 20:40:24 4,367 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The Blackberry things on Sky Atlantic with the smug woman looking out of the train window.
  • Syrette 23 Oct 2012 23:15:32 43,295 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The Chrome adverts annoy me for some reason.

• RedSparrows 1 Nov 2012 21:56:47 22,258 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The Amazon ad. Stupid hyperbolic tech-evangelism moronic babble. Absolute garbage. 'our moon landing.'
  • SuperCoolEskimo 1 Nov 2012 22:36:08 9,771 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @RedSparrows Yes, even more so now that Amazon have gone to shit.
  • mrpon 8 Nov 2012 21:48:10 28,742 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That Sky advert. Chris Hoys stance cracks me up every time.

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• thelzdking 13 Nov 2012 11:36:06 4,367 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Christmas adverts can fuck off. Fucking Christmas can fuck off. In fact I'm officially renaming it "Cuntmas". Happy fucking Cuntmas you fucking cunts.
  • kalel 13 Nov 2012 11:38:46 86,904 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I think the new John Lewis ads are brilliant, but I also dislike them, possibly for being too good, if that makes sense. I resent having such a strong emotional reaction to an advert for a shop.
  • RobTheBuilder 13 Nov 2012 11:39:19 6,521 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @thelzdking Rubbish ones I agree. Although I love the absurdness of the Morrisons one, and neither Asda or Boots are as bad as usual.
  • RobTheBuilder 13 Nov 2012 11:41:22 6,521 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @kalel That's a very interesting reaction. A lot of agencies are trying to move away from shouting at people and head towards an emotional response (humour also kind of counts as emotional). That's the first time I've heard anyone say they don't want to feel an emotional reaction.

Do you think you would feel different if it were a brand you liked already?
  • sport 13 Nov 2012 11:46:49 12,686 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    "Come to SCS, and save BIG STYLE!"
  • thelzdking 13 Nov 2012 11:49:10 4,367 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I have a deep, deep hatred of the John Lewis adverts. In fact I hate pathos in adverts altogether, probably why I'm so enraged by Cuntmas ones.
  • Lukus 13 Nov 2012 11:52:22 19,050 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I hate this new trend in adverts for taking existing songs and rearranging (ruining) them with a slow, ponderous, melancholy acoustic track and miserable sounding female singer. It's really tiresome.

Edited by Lukus at 11:52:41 13-11-2012

Paintings & Photographs

• Page

of 117 First / Last