of 15 First / Last

• tengu 8 May 2007 19:54:54 10,294 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Post deleted
  • otto Moderator 28 May 2007 11:16:19 49,315 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Great Hicksy! Tell me, is it very twitchy? It's real time, no? Is there lots of exploring and story stuff?

say no to Eurogamer sigs

Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    So... should I wait for November and avoid the 'insert disc' pain that is Freeloader? Or wade straight in with the NTSC version?

say no to Eurogamer sigs

Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It would have to be a really, REALLY lazy port not to correct the timing issue. Yes I know it happens, but the Cube ports this generation have so far been pretty good. I highly doubt they'd forget to adjust the timing of the game to allow for the frequency difference! Anyway, think of the time you'll waste switching discs...

say no to Eurogamer sigs

Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've spent a couple of evenings playing ToS and I'm really disappointed with it. I don't think the graphics are that exceptional, to be honest. The music is irritating. The plot and characters so far are hopelessly generic. And it's a fantastic demonstration of just why strategic turn-based combat is so crucial to JRPG enjoyment. Without enjoyable combat, the whole experience turns into a chore. Combat in ToS is a horrible mess, involving no thought or planning as far as I can see. :(

say no to Eurogamer sigs

Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Well it really does take all sorts. I must be missing something in the combat in ToS. As far as I can tell you have two choices: run in, button mashing, and hope the AI is intelligent enough to have another character heal you as necessary; or sit back and let the other characters do the killing. Neither of which is remotely fun. I realise I'm missing something here but I can't see how it could ever compete with the enjoyment of turn-based combat where you can think about your strategy and micro-manage every character's actions.

say no to Eurogamer sigs

Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Well I've never really played fighting games so I can't say. :)

say no to Eurogamer sigs

Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    OK, I think I'll have to invest a bit more time in getting to know how it works. If I can indeed stop combat and issue instructions then that sounds a lot more palatable.

say no to Eurogamer sigs

• Retroid Moderator 8 Nov 2008 20:40:39 44,782 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    blizeH wrote:
    This is one of my favourite games ever
    But.... you don't like games I like!

/Scared
  • StixxUK 8 Nov 2008 21:19:42 7,255 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    So... Tales of Vesperia...

I read a review of it in Edge. They liked it but didn't say much.

When's it out? Will it be as good as Symphonia?
  • neonemesis 9 Nov 2008 12:18:10 1,640 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Back of the ToS box says 80 hours gameplay though it depnds on how much time you spend on sidequests/levelling/repeatedly dying on the same boss I suppose. Can't remember how long it took me but if I were to play it again, I'd wait until a solid date for the Wii sequel was announced then play it in the run up to the launch.
  • spacenugget 9 Nov 2008 19:11:27 153 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    damn ye all. I just spotted this topic and remembered I stopped playing this cause I was stuck in the slidey crystal floor place. Just turned it on again and I cant understand A: why i was stuck as I just walked out of there first time and B: I stopped playing this as its amazing.

only problem is Im only about 40 hours in and with the 75+ hours mentioned it looks like my monday and tuesday have been filled. Im unsure if I should cry or cheer.. :0/
  • DodgyPast 9 Nov 2008 20:16:13 8,469 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just realised I should finish this off since there's the new one coming out for the Wii very soon ( if you have a US machine )
  • StixxUK 9 Nov 2008 20:50:03 7,255 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Hang on... is it Tales of Symphonia 2 on Wii and Vesperia on PS3/360?

Why on Earth would they release two together
  • DodgyPast 9 Nov 2008 23:00:14 8,469 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Not sure, only just noticed it from that neogaf thread that was linked, supposed to be out before Christmas.

It's a spin off of Symphonia, 2 years after.
  • ElectricDemon 11 Nov 2009 15:50:55 2,417 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    So, I just remembered about this game the other day, and the fact that I sold the game very near to the end of the game without completing it (I think I wanted money for a new game or some silly reason like that), despite it being the best RPG I've ever played. I'm now feeling incredibly nostalgic about the whole thing and fancy re-aquiring it to finally complete it and/or play through it again from the beginning. The copies on Amazon Marketplace are 35+ though, so thought I'd ask on here if anyone's got an unwanted copy they'd be willing to part with for a bit less?
  • robthehermit 11 Nov 2009 16:05:58 4,075 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ElectricDemon wrote:
    thought I'd ask on here if anyone's got an unwanted copy they'd be willing to part with for a bit less?

If US NTSC is ok, it's buried in a huge list of games somewhere in the swapsies thread.

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• ElectricDemon 11 Nov 2009 16:38:16 2,417 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I do have a Freeloader....somewhere, I'll take a look, cheers! I've got my save game from the PAL version on my memory card though, that's the only thing, I'm guessing I wouldn't be able to resume my game?

/is probably around 70 hours+ in
  • Cappy 11 Nov 2009 16:49:43 11,942 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've got a PAL copy still factory sealed, I played through the NTSC version instead, though I think I can get a Hell of a lot more than 35 if I want to sell so it's not for sale, sorry.

I sold off a whole load of new Gamecube titles I never got around to playing six months ago, people went mad, somebody paid near 60 for a sealed copy of Warioworld.

Oh, and I made an absolute fortune on the execrable Star Fox adventures, I didn't even think I'd get my money back.
  • Deleted user 11 November 2009 18:14:33
    I have a copy as well, not sealed so would sell it for less than cappy, which reminds me to put up my list in the November thread. Let me know if you are interested electricdemon.
  • neonemesis 11 Nov 2009 18:23:59 1,640 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Cappy wrote:
    I've got a PAL copy still factory sealed, I played through the NTSC version instead, though I think I can get a Hell of a lot more than 35 if I want to sell so it's not for sale, sorry.

I sold off a whole load of new Gamecube titles I never got around to playing six months ago, people went mad, somebody paid near 60 for a sealed copy of Warioworld.

Oh, and I made an absolute fortune on the execrable Star Fox adventures, I didn't even think I'd get my money back.

I'd love to watch an ebay auction for that sealed ToS Cappy - I can imagine it going insane.

I'd never sell mine tbh since I know it would cost stupid money to buy back when I inevitably get nostalgic and want to play it again.
  • Cappy 11 Nov 2009 18:39:49 11,942 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Even though the PAL copy is spare, it's a game I would be reluctant to sell, Tales of Symphonia amongst other titles like Pikmin and Chibi Robo define the Gamecube for me.

I'm already getting a bit nostalgic about the platform since it's probably the last Nintendo console I'll ever own.
  • Hunam 11 Nov 2009 18:42:37 20,674 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I remember paying a princly sum of 22 for ToS from this very forum. It was the first time I'd ever traded on here and it was the most awesome win ever.
  • Deleted user 16 November 2009 14:24:27
    Unusual request but I was wondering if someone had a save on disc 2, would like to try it again and test, that and I enjoy the final bits, not up for playing through it all again.

Basically my save has gone when I cleared out my card for new space, if someone were up to sending it to me, will copy the file onto mine and send your memory card back, will even throw in something, such as PS2 Capcom vs SNK 2 or a DVD from my list for the trouble.
  • Deleted user 16 November 2009 14:25:30
    Erm I think I might have one. I'll check when I fire the Wii up later. PM me your address if you like.
  • Page

of 15 First / Last