Registered 13 years ago
    How about just two controllers?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

• SirScratchalot 22 May 2006 18:32:41 7,877 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Well, the company line is that turning is much quicker with sensitivity set to "expert" i.e. a higher sensitivity on the remote so you might be solving a problem that dosenŽt really need solving. I like your thinking though and have no trouble patting my belly and rubbing my head at the same time or vice versa so bring it on.
  • Deleted user 22 May 2006 18:33:05
    TYtanium wrote:
    crap

Yes, that one.
  • ProfessorLesser 22 May 2006 18:33:42 19,417 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Personally I'd like them to just make the analogue stick work exactly as it does in Metroid Prime on the Gamecube.

I see absolutely no reason why they felt the need for the remote to govern turning as well as aiming. Especially as there's only so far you can turn the bloody thing anyway!
  • UncleLou Moderator 22 May 2006 18:34:01 35,856 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    How do you turn around, btw? With a pad, you obviously just keep pressing the analogue stick, and with a mouse, you lif it off the desk quickly, but I can hardly twist my arm around to do this using the wiimote, can I. Is there a button you can press to not register movement?
  • UncleLou Moderator 22 May 2006 18:34:06 35,856 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Deleted user 22 May 2006 18:34:25
    How about an analog stick?

/runs
  • SirScratchalot 22 May 2006 18:36:08 7,877 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ProfessorLesser wrote:
    Personally I'd like them to just make the analogue stick work exactly as it does in Metroid Prime on the Gamecube.

I see absolutely no reason why they felt the need for the remote to govern turning as well as aiming. Especially as there's only so far you can turn the bloody thing anyway!

What? Certainly you donŽt actually have to turn it for turning only point it off the screen in the direction you want to turn.
    And I guess they wanted strafing you know more FPS like.

deathgibbon wrote:

/runs

/points analog stick at enemy....
    It dosenŽt work!

Edited by SirScratchalot at 18:36:44 22-05-2006
  • ProfessorLesser 22 May 2006 18:38:03 19,417 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'll be buggered if I'll be using 'edge-scrolling' to play MY Metroid game. At the very least I'll be using Expert mode, and then I'll have trouble with how far I can turn.

As UL says.
  • Teeth 22 May 2006 18:38:31 7,987 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    WAIT AND SEE
  • UncleLou Moderator 22 May 2006 18:38:55 35,856 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    deathgibbon wrote:

/runs

Next question, then: how do you strafe? ;)
  • Deleted user 22 May 2006 18:39:11
    UncleLou wrote:
    deathgibbon wrote:

/runs

Another analogue stick!
  • ProfessorLesser 22 May 2006 18:39:36 19,417 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    UncleLou wrote:
    deathgibbon wrote:

/runs

Hold Z1 or Z2, same as in Prime.

God I love Prime.
  • SirScratchalot 22 May 2006 18:39:41 7,877 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    But if you point it to the right of the screen certainly youŽll keep turning right until you point it back. Your TV wonŽt actually be moving so youŽll still be pointing to the right of it.
    I can defo see myself flicking my wrist to the right and then back to shoot the enemy that just came into view....

Edited by SirScratchalot at 18:40:34 22-05-2006
  • ProfessorLesser 22 May 2006 18:40:33 19,417 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    SirScratchalot wrote:
    But if you pint it to the right of the screen certainly youŽll keep turning right until you point it back. Your TV wonŽt actually be moving so youŽll still be pointing to the right of it.
    Not in expert mode.
  • SirScratchalot 22 May 2006 18:42:18 7,877 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ProfessorLesser wrote:
    SirScratchalot wrote:
    But if you point it to the right of the screen certainly youŽll keep turning right until you point it back. Your TV wonŽt actually be moving so youŽll still be pointing to the right of it.
    Not in expert mode.
    '

No, in expert mode you wonŽt have to point it as far as IŽve understood it. What am I missing, I was sure expert mode was just a sensitivity increase i.e. controlled gamer wrist movements rather than moms first shooter full arm movements.
  • ProfessorLesser 22 May 2006 18:43:22 19,417 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    No, I thought it locked the view to your crosshair, so rather than having to touch the boundaries to scroll vision, Samus looks in the direction you point.

Edited by ProfessorLesser at 18:43:32 22-05-2006
  • SirScratchalot 22 May 2006 18:44:38 7,877 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ProfessorLesser wrote:
    No, I thought it locked the view to your crosshair, so rather than having to touch the boundaries to scroll vision, Samus looks in the direction you point.

IŽll look up the interview I first saw it in...itŽs somewhere around gamespot methinks. ThisŽll take some sleuthing skills.
  • UncleLou Moderator 22 May 2006 18:45:47 35,856 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    ProfessorLesser wrote:

That sounds a lot more naturally to me.

So, left analogue to move forward and back and turn, extra buttons for strafing, wiimote to aim...

Could become confusing if you use the analogue to turn and the remote to aim at the same time.
  • Deleted user 22 May 2006 18:46:11
    UncleLou wrote:
    deathgibbon wrote:

/runs

Have another analog stick! \o/
  • Deleted user 22 May 2006 18:47:14
    deathgibbon wrote:
    UncleLou wrote:
    deathgibbon wrote:

/runs

Have another analog stick! \o/

OLD!
  • ProfessorLesser 22 May 2006 18:47:30 19,417 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    UncleLou wrote:
    ProfessorLesser wrote:

That sounds a lot more naturally to me.

So, left analogue to move forward and back and turn, extra buttons for strafing, wiimote to aim...

Could become confusing if you use the analogue to turn and the remote to aim at the same time.
    Nah that's not quite it - that's what I suggested in my first post though. Seems such a no-brainer. "Keep the controls from Metroid Prime..."

Expert mode is more what you'd be doing with your mouse in a typical FPS. The camera moves with your crosshair always in the centre.
  • UncleLou Moderator 22 May 2006 18:48:32 35,856 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Never played MP. :)

But if it is locked to the crosshair, when you move the remote to the right, and at the same time use the analogue stick to turn left, you're giving the game two opposing instructions, no?
  • ProfessorLesser 22 May 2006 18:50:42 19,417 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm talking about separate control schemes, Lou. In the expert mode, as I read it, your analogue stick is an 8-way WASD keyboard strafing set-up, with the Wii remote as your mouse. Direct FPS control translation, really.

In my preferred scenario, the analogue stick is used for all movement, and the Wii remote just for pointing at whatever is on screen at the time.
  • UncleLou Moderator 22 May 2006 18:52:16 35,856 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    ProfessorLesser wrote:
    I'm talking about separate control schemes, Lou. In the expert mode, as I read it, your analogue stick is an 8-way WASD keyboard strafing set-up, with the Wii remote as your mouse. Direct FPS control translation, really.

In my preferred scenario, the analogue stick is used for all movement, and the Wii remote just for pointing at whatever is on screen at the time.

Ok, got you. :)

Although the expert mode then leads me back to my first question in the thread.
  • Pirotic Moderator 22 May 2006 18:55:03 20,647 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    how about a wireless keyboard and mouse?

One stupid thing i just have to point out is that the official gun controller (it's a shell the wand fits into) doesn't have a trigger. That's right, you pay Ł20 to get a proper gun for your Wii and then you still have to use the fucking button on the wand to shoot - how retarded is that?
  • ProfessorLesser 22 May 2006 18:55:18 19,417 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    UncleLou wrote:
    Although the expert mode then leads me back to my first question in the thread.
    Quite right, as I acknowledged in my... er, second post.

Actually, best-case scenario is a GC controller option :-(

Edited by ProfessorLesser at 18:55:44 22-05-2006
  • ProfessorLesser 22 May 2006 18:57:22 19,417 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Pirotic wrote:
    One stupid thing i just have to point out is that the official gun controller (it's a shell the wand fits into) doesn't have a trigger. That's right, you pay Ł20 to get a proper gun for your Wii and then you still have to use the fucking button on the wand to shoot - how retarded is that?
    Exceedingly retarded. I don't doubt the opportunity will be leapt upon by someone else, though.

Quite probably the Resi team.
  • UncleLou Moderator 22 May 2006 18:57:30 35,856 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Pirotic wrote:
    how about a wireless keyboard and mouse?

Looks like a trigger to me.
  • Page

of 3 First / Last

Previous