Super Mario Galaxy Page 4

• Page

of 126 First / Last

• JuanKerr 12 Jul 2007 09:36:41 36,364 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    disussedgenius wrote:
    This is easily one of the best things I've ever seen ever.

Agreed. I've still got a bit of a semi after watching it.
  • Kay 12 Jul 2007 09:37:12 17,935 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, that trailer looks fucking sweet. Proper hardcore platforming action, like the void levels in SMS, and no compromise or pandering to a casual market.

Just hope it has better music than the one in the trailer, which was a little too twee for my liking.

K
  • JuanKerr 12 Jul 2007 09:40:13 36,364 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Kay

Agreed. Some of the platforming looks proper hardcore, especially the weird gravity bits.

Love the bee suit and pirate ship level, pure genius.

Edited by JuanKerr at 09:40:39 12-07-2007
  • Blerk Moderator 12 Jul 2007 09:40:34 48,225 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Why don't all Wii games look as pretty as that?

This looks exactly like the sort of game that everyone else will love, btw. I'm happy for you all!
  • JuanKerr 12 Jul 2007 09:42:08 36,364 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Blerk wrote:

This looks exactly like the sort of game that everyone else will love, btw. I'm happy for you all!

Makes you wonder doesn't it?
  • JuanKerr 12 Jul 2007 09:42:54 36,364 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ecosse_011172 wrote:

It's out in Q4 in Europe, looks incredible

I reckon it'll be out late November. Prepare for Wii shortages over Christmas ...

• Deleted user 12 July 2007 09:43:51
    Blerk wrote:

Fuck me, when Blerk appreciates a Mario game (even a video of one) you know it'll going to be great! :)
  • Blerk Moderator 12 Jul 2007 09:49:54 48,225 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    disussedgenius wrote:
    Fuck me, when Blerk appreciates a Mario game (even a video of one) you know it'll going to be great! :)
    I can appreciate that all the Mario platformers are excellent games. I just bloody hate them personally. ^_^
  • JuanKerr 12 Jul 2007 09:50:15 36,364 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ecosse_011172 wrote:

Indeed, it looks far nicer than any gamecube game FACT

Fixed
  • Telepathic.Geometry 12 Jul 2007 10:02:24 11,409 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I feel sorry for anyone not capable of enjoying this game, in the same way that they probably feel sorry for me for being incapable of enjoying PES or sensible soccer, or whatever the good sport simulation games are (although strangely Wii Sports I do like).

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• joeking 12 Jul 2007 10:08:04 1,808 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ecosse_011172 wrote:
    Where's Al? :-)
    I'm right here honey. I'm no big fan of Mario games myself, but even I am of the opinion that this looks rather special - for those that are.

But please, don't even begin to try and patrionise and/or bait me with that "where's Al?" crap. This is very much exception to the rule stuff as far as the Wii is concerned. We all saw the conference last night. We all know what the console's general future looks like, and it ain't pretty. Now please, just concentrate on looking forward to your games, and stop trying to instigate pathetic arguments on the internet. I know how much you get off on them, but unfortunately, I don't. :)
  • Telepathic.Geometry 12 Jul 2007 10:09:51 11,409 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    :') Classic Al. /wipes nostalgic tear from eye

• JuanKerr 12 Jul 2007 10:10:05 36,364 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    joeking wrote:
    We all know what the console's general future looks like, and it ain't pretty.

Speak for yourself.
  • Telepathic.Geometry 12 Jul 2007 10:12:28 11,409 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    To be honest Juankerr, Al's right. Just look at Nintendo right now, and the forecast for the future, and it's pretty bleak. There's no ignoring the evidence. ;_;

• JuanKerr 12 Jul 2007 10:14:31 36,364 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Telepathic.Geometry wrote:
    To be honest Juankerr, Al's right. Just look at Nintendo right now, and the forecast for the future, and it's pretty bleak. There's no ignoring the evidence. ;_;

If that's what you think, fair enough, but I don't agree.

/ shrugs
  • Deleted user 12 July 2007 10:16:59
    Shurely shum mished irony there.
  • Telepathic.Geometry 12 Jul 2007 10:19:57 11,409 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Eh, joking Juankerr. All of the evidence points so obviously towards a bright future for Nintendo that only a fool would forecast obvious doom and gloom. :) Was just being sarcastic for joe's benefit. I'm pretty sure he was joking too at any rate...

Of course, for all three companies, there's a possibility of failure. PS3 might never get legs and flounder in a year's time. MS might find itself hitting a roof on how many 360s it can sell without the Japanese teritory. Nintendo might have difficulty in a year or two if people demand HD. We'll see. But right now, Nintendo's prospects are clearly the brightest. :)

• Deleted user 12 July 2007 10:22:56
    Nintendo threads always end up with someone "winning" or "losing".

There will be great things on all the consoles - Christ there already IS - so what does it matter to us gamers? Buy the consoles, buy the games. Play and be happy.
  • Deleted user 12 July 2007 10:26:05
    After all: if the Dreamcast can be considered a loss, I don't want to win!
  • Telepathic.Geometry 12 Jul 2007 10:26:19 11,409 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @boabg: Agreed. Who's saying that they want Nintendo to win and Sony and MS to lose?

• JuanKerr 12 Jul 2007 10:26:58 36,364 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Eh, joking Juankerr. All of the evidence points so obviously towards a bright future for Nintendo that only a fool would forecast obvious doom and gloom. :) Was just being sarcastic for joe's benefit. I'm pretty sure he was joking too at any rate...

Of course, for all three companies, there's a possibility of failure. PS3 might never get legs and flounder in a year's time. MS might find itself hitting a roof on how many 360s it can sell without the Japanese teritory. Nintendo might have difficulty in a year or two if people demand HD. We'll see. But right now, Nintendo's prospects are clearly the brightest. :)

/ hangs head in shame

Apologies - my sarcasm detector is on the blink today.

What does ;_; mean, by the way? I still haven't worked out what it's supposed to be ...
  • joeking 12 Jul 2007 10:28:17 1,808 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    But right now, Nintendo's prospects are clearly the brightest. :)
    Are we talking sales or quality of games here?

Look, I don't want to rain on anybody's parade. If you watched that conference, and came to the conclusion that Nintendo are the one's with the best games going forward, then more power to you.

I'm not so arrogant as to presume that your tastes have to sync with mine, just as I'd like to think you're not so sensitive as to be offended at my opinion that the Wii's future, a couple of exceptions to the rule apart, looks pretty damn awful.

I'm just curious as to whether you made that comment with regards to the Wii's library over the next 12-24 months or so, or just the fact that you see Nintendo becoming the new 'leader' insofar as hardware sales go?
  • Deleted user 12 July 2007 10:29:48
    @boabg: Agreed. Who's saying that they want Nintendo to win and Sony and MS to lose?

That's not what I was meaning and not aimed at you in particular :)

Wii threads at some point (game related or otherwise) always have to go through a phase of sales figures or comparisons mixed with a load of strawmans and childish tantrums :p
  • Blerk Moderator 12 Jul 2007 10:31:20 48,225 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    JuanKerr wrote:
    What does ;_; mean, by the way? I still haven't worked out what it's supposed to be ...
    It's a 'crying' smiley.
  • JuanKerr 12 Jul 2007 10:32:41 36,364 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Blerk wrote:
    JuanKerr wrote:
    It's a 'crying' smiley.

Ah, I see now. Quite obvious really isn't it?!
  • [maven] 12 Jul 2007 10:42:37 5,182 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It look like this is pushing all the right buttons... :D
  • Telepathic.Geometry 12 Jul 2007 10:43:58 11,409 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @joeking: I make that statement based on all of the things that you mentioned. :) Sales are good, games are good, and third party support is good. So, shall we get back to discussing Mario Galaxy in this thread now? ^_^ /still has a mean wood

• Deleted user 12 July 2007 10:44:21
    Looks lovely. Something on the Wii I might actually play for more than five mins :D
  • JuanKerr 12 Jul 2007 10:44:47 36,364 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bravo Telepathic.

/ still unable to leave desk due to semi
  • joeking 12 Jul 2007 10:45:42 1,808 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @joeking: I make that statement based on all of the things that you mentioned. :) Sales are good, games are good, and third party support is good. So, shall we get back to discussing Mario Galaxy in this thread now? ^_^ /still has a mean wood
    Fair enough. As you were. :)
  • Page

of 126 First / Last