Panasonic Lumix FZ30

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Polyphonic 8 May 2006 17:43:45 94 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hi,

I know that quite a few of you are into photography so I thought I'd pick your brains (nice, eh?)

I've had an FZ5 since Christmas (present) and I'm really enjoying taking photos with it. My father has decided that it's time he ventured back into the world of photography (he comes from a 1980s SLR background) and has narrowed down his choices to:

Panasonic FZ30
    Nikon D50

He loves the idea of an SLR (proper viewfinder etc) but doesn't like the fact that it doesn't (along with most DSLRs) have live preview on the LCD.

The FZ30 would be the perfect camera to get him back into it all but struggles with noise and especially so at higher ISOs.

Any opinions?

He did order a D50 but then cancelled it due to confusion over which lens to buy. He looked at the new Nikon VR lens but it's a little pricey (and hard to get - ETA 3 months at the moment if you haven't pre-ordered).

So, what am I asking? Well, a shove in the right direction I guess. Any thoughts appreciated!

• Goban 8 May 2006 17:52:45 9,054 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Had the same decision to make a few months back and went with the Panasonic. Great camera, but as you said noise is a bit of an issue at higher ISO's. I went with it because I couldn't afford to get that versatile a lense with the Nikon. Bit of a trade of but I haven't regretted it.
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next