of 7 First / Last

• Retroid Moderator 1 Jul 2008 12:15:47 45,310 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    /Joeys sargemat
  • Pirotic Moderator 1 Jul 2008 12:15:48 20,647 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    oh shit i've been kotaku'd....to the bomb shelter!

Sarge, I'm not a reviewer nore a staff member of eurogamer, I just help mod the forums. And because I got bloody linked to from a few websites I'm not going to be thick enough to post how I did get a review copy else i'll end up with a dead horses head in my bed tonight, but it's unrelated to the fact I mod here.

Hope that clears it up.

It's still the worst game I've played in the last 5 years, and that includes the free copy of Beowulf I got for subscribing to Empire. If you pause the game it's not that ugly (considering you can't really pick the camera positions) but in motion the animation makes it look like a relic.
  • Psychotext 1 Jul 2008 12:16:05 55,032 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ouch... Kotaku really is watching:
    This has to be the worst game I've played in the last 5 years

Talk about a direct quote.
  • Aretak 1 Jul 2008 12:17:39 10,376 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Pirotic's head will be on a spike outside Silicon Knights HQ by sundown.
  • LockeTribal 1 Jul 2008 12:18:42 4,539 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You're famous Piro!
    Plus some dude's dissing yo grammar! I wouldn't of taken that kinda crap :)
  • sargemat 1 Jul 2008 12:19:10 37 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    What was posted was just a paragraph saying the game was shit. No great detail or anything and it was done in a stupid way by breaking NDA. Yea I may have said some stupid things but itís true. If you really wanted to ďwarn peopleĒ, post a proper review.

EDIT:

Fair enough you are not a proper reviewer, but I still think what you did is a poor reflection on EG.

I will add I am not too keen to Too Human myself I donít know if that style of game will appeal to me. It just upsets me when developers have their game shit all over with out any proper detail on whatís so bad about it and in this case before NDA.
  • Quint2020 1 Jul 2008 12:19:35 3,484 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Aretak wrote:
    Pirotic's head will be on a spike outside Silicon Knights HQ by sundown.

Internet anonymity ftw.
  • Blerk Moderator 1 Jul 2008 12:21:01 48,225 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Hey, Piro - Kotaku are calling you a journalist! :-D
  • thedaveeyres 1 Jul 2008 12:23:15 11,586 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This will not end well. :)

XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

• Quint2020 1 Jul 2008 12:25:10 3,484 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The shit storm cometh.....

Hope Piro doen't get in to too much trouble =/.
  • Aretak 1 Jul 2008 12:26:20 10,376 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    sargemat wrote:
    Fair enough you are not a proper reviewer, but I still think what you did is a poor reflection on EG.
    You're a pretty poor reflection on humanity in general judging by your first post in this topic. You do a better job of hiding the inner 'tard on your blog. Shame nobody reads it.
  • Pirotic Moderator 1 Jul 2008 12:26:54 20,647 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'm just warning people not to pre-order it and wait for the reviews to hit. We all know when a big budget title turns out to be a bit pish it's often the habbit to delay the reviews until after all the pre-orders have been dispatched. So, just a heads up because I find that kind of behavior unforgivable. I doubt they'll stick to the original embargo date, as I know I'm not the only one who wonders wtf they've been doing for the last 10 years working on this.
  • sargemat 1 Jul 2008 12:28:00 37 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Aretak wrote:
    sargemat wrote:
    You're a pretty poor reflection on humanity in general judging by your first post in this topic. You do a better job of hiding the inner 'tard on your blog. Shame nobody reads it.

Yea I would not have post that now, in favour of one of my later posts. But itís the Internet........
  • Deleted user 1 July 2008 12:29:43
    RUN FOREEESST, RUN !

Seriously now, cheers Piro for the heads up, i'm all up for peeps speaking their mind,especially when their word can be backed up with "evidence" - something that whoever has seen anything related to too human up until now can/could agree...

Sarge,why the aggression mate? You may not agree with what Piro said but why such anger?I'm really curious why you took his words so - hmmm - shall i say personal?
    You don't work for S.K now, do you? :)

Ps: Kotaku really has to be the most pretentious games related site on the internet.Still, it's the place where all the "cool kids" go...
    Gamiste me anapoda...

YOU CAN LINK THIS TOO
  • thedaveeyres 1 Jul 2008 12:31:47 11,586 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    NDA's are bullshit. I applaud your honesty and hope you can preserve your anonymity.

XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

• CosmicFuzz 1 Jul 2008 12:32:12 25,627 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Cheers Piro, real shame 'cos I'd been looking forward to this for aaaaages.

And sarge, chill out! People are allowed to state their opinion without others going apeshit.

Come listen to us discuss the Playstation Experience in Episode 11 of Open Source. zoolophage writes in!

• sargemat 1 Jul 2008 12:35:09 37 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    klem578 wrote:
    RUN FOREEESST, RUN !

Seriously now, cheers Piro for the heads up, i'm all up for peeps speaking their mind,especially when their word can be backed up with "evidence" - something that whoever has seen anything related to too human up until now can/could agree...

Sarge,why the aggression mate? You may not agree with what Piro said but why such anger?I'm really curious why you took his words so - hmmm - shall i say personal?

ha ha no. Donít work for any studio at the moment and wont for a good few more years yet. I totally regret saying some of the harsh things now and went back to explain that in my first post. Total over reacted.

I just feel what was said, did not explain why the game was so bad. It really didnít serve any purpose other than loads of legal problems.

This game could be total shit I dont know, but I will be waiting for the Demo and 1UP, EDGE and EG reviews before I know for my self.

Again itís not like me to post something like that (I swear lol) and I did totally go over the top. I apologise to everyone for that.
  • Kiigan 1 Jul 2008 12:36:56 2 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Pirotic wrote:

And don't get me started on the animations which I can only describe as being done by somebody reading a copy of 'keyframe for dummies!'
    in motion the animation makes it look like a relic.

What exactly do you mean?
  • Pirotic Moderator 1 Jul 2008 12:40:13 20,647 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I just remembered a few weeks back when a lot of people got copies of Haze they didn't want after sneaky shops decided to "pick and pack" them the day before the review embargo broke and wanted to give a heads up to the forumites.

I'm not saying don't buy the game, but I'm just saying if no reviews have come out the week prior to launch, cancel pre-orders while you can to avoid disappointment, because if they agree with me, it's a 6/10 at best.

Kiigan wrote:
    Pirotic wrote:

And don't get me started on the animations which I can only describe as being done by somebody reading a copy of 'keyframe for dummies!'
    in motion the animation makes it look like a relic.

What exactly do you mean?

keyframe is a method of manually making animations by setting keyframes and then blending the positions inbetween. It's the first thing you learn when you animate (as it's basic) and unless you have some natural gift, is quite difficult to do well which is why they'll often motion capture it then just manually tweak it afterwards.

the animations in this game are quite shockingly bad, having just come from watching god knows how many hours of MGS4 cutscenes which are at least well animated to this is akin to watching a pixar movie followed by southpark. A lot of the animations don't realy feel like they have any weight behind them.
  • Pirotic Moderator 1 Jul 2008 12:44:04 20,647 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    :D depends, did you enjoy it or not?
  • Kiigan 1 Jul 2008 12:44:54 2 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Pirotic wrote:
    keyframe is a method of manually making animations by setting keyframes and then blending the positions inbetween. It's the first thing you learn when you animate (as it's basic) and unless you have some natural gift, is quite difficult to do well which is why they'll often motion capture it then just manually tweak it afterwards.

the animations in this game are quite shockingly bad, having just come from watching god knows how many hours of MGS4 cutscenes which are at least well animated to this is akin to watching a pixar movie followed by southpark.

Sorry Pirotic I should have been more clear. I know what a keyframe is, I'm a videogame programmer. What I'm asking is, can you describe the problems you are seeing - what exactly are you saying is wrong with the animations?
  • Deleted user 1 July 2008 12:45:13
    sargemat wrote:
    klem578 wrote:
    RUN FOREEESST, RUN !

ha ha no. Donít work for any studio at the moment and wont for a good few more years yet. I totally regret saying some of the harsh things now and went back to explain that in my first post. Total over reacted.

I just feel what was said, did not explain why the game was so bad. It really didnít serve any purpose other than loads of legal problems.

Ok mate, that's more like it :)

I understand what you're saying,anybody can say whatever they fecking want on the internet, opinions are like arseholes etc - thing is, i think that piro said/explained as to why he thinks the game is "bad"...

It is disappointing to tell you the truth lads,you know, over-hyped "block buster" games to turn out into turds and generally mediocre as products...

On another note,since this is a too human thread (action rpg) why don't you give Kingdom Under Fire : Circle of Doom a try?It REALLY has to be one of the most unfairly bashed games of this generation.You know what?If it was called "DIABLO3" instead of "KUF:Circle of Doom" everyone would go apeshit and go buy it.Ahhhh, the hypocrisy these days...Sorry for the off-topic...
  • Xerx3s 1 Jul 2008 12:46:41 23,944 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Preordering games online before you know that it will be awesome is....foolish. Besides, never had the need to preorder.
  • Pirotic Moderator 1 Jul 2008 12:47:44 20,647 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    they lack weight, and the direction of the cutscenes is quite poor (compared to say, MGS4 or even Mass Effect).
  • banjoted 1 Jul 2008 12:51:35 1,500 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    sargemat wrote:
    Pirotic didn't know 10 year olds could be forum mods now because thatís what you sound like. Your opinion means fuck all to me and with any luck you will be off the EG staff soon.

You sound like a pathetic peace of shit. May powers of Microsoftís legal team have mercy on you.

Dear oh dear. You utter, utter cretin. You have no place in this thread.

Hearty round of applause for Piro for speaking out whilst under an NDA - far too much in the way of back-handed money-fuelled silencing agreements in the industry at the mo.

Piro, you will be remembered!

/salutes
  • Pirotic Moderator 1 Jul 2008 12:52:50 20,647 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    unless it gets good reviews! :D
  • sargemat 1 Jul 2008 12:53:02 37 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    klem578 wrote:
    sargemat wrote:
    klem578 wrote:
    RUN FOREEESST, RUN !

Ok mate, that's more like it :)

I understand what you're saying,anybody can say whatever they fecking want on the internet, opinions are like arseholes etc - thing is, i think that piro said/explained as to why he thinks the game is "bad"...

It is disappointing to tell you the truth lads,you know, over-hyped "block buster" games to turn out into turds and generally mediocre as products...

On another note,since this is a too human thread (action rpg) why don't you give Kingdom Under Fire : Circle of Doom a try?It REALLY has to be one of the most unfairly bashed games of this generation.You know what?If it was called "DIABLO3" instead of "KUF:Circle of Doom" everyone would go apeshit and go buy it.Ahhhh, the hypocrisy these days...Sorry for the off-topic...

I will just add again, apologises for going way over the top and I didnít really mean what I said Pirotic. As Pirotic is not reviewer for EG you can't really say that he did a poor review or anything but I just would have liked a few examples from the game and that sort of stuff.

@banjoted read page 2 and 3 please.
  • Page

of 7 First / Last