Interview with Silicon Knights about Too Human

• Page

of 7 First / Last

Previous
  • sirsuperior 26 Apr 2006 12:45:42 2 posts
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just before Easter I did an audio interview with Denis Dyack of Silicon Knights.
    I work for a Norwegian radio program about gaming called “Hardcore” here in Norway and I though maybe I should make a special edition of the interview for an English audience. I did, and here you have it.

The first part is about the history of Silicon Knights:
    http://www.media.allerinternett.no/freecastSendings/freecast306.mp3

The second part is about Too Human (this part got some new stuff you might not have heard about before):
    http://www.media.allerinternett.no/freecastSendings/freecast307.mp3

I hope you guys like it.
    If you have any questions or comment’s you can post it here or send an e-mail to hardcore@srib.no
  • Deleted user 26 April 2006 13:08:11
    sirsuperior wrote:
    Just before Easter I did an audio interview with Denis Dyack of Silicon Knights.
    I work for a Norwegian radio programme about gaming called “Hardcore” here in Norway and I thought maybe I should make a special edition of the interview for an English audience. I did, and here you have it:

The first part is about the history of Silicon Knights:

The second part is about Too Human (this part has got some new stuff that you might not have heard about before):

I hope you guys like it. If you have any questions or comments you can post it here or send an e-mail to hardcore@srib.no
    Bumped and linkified. Cheers.
  • TwistidChimp 26 Apr 2006 13:09:10 8,825 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Awsome-o, cheers for that :)
  • Deleted user 26 April 2006 13:16:11
    Yeah, sorry about that, I forgot to say that it was a damned informative look into Norse mythology. I'm getting pretty excited about this game now...
  • oceanmotion 26 Apr 2006 13:22:52 15,770 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Nice, you should also post it at TXB espicially this thread which is were all info, news, discussion has gathered. They would appreciate it.

Link
  • Pirotic Moderator 1 Jul 2008 09:10:43 20,646 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    This has to be the worst game I've played in the last 5 years, the NDA is against my human rights after the amount of mental anguish having to play this pos has caused me so I'm going to speak out and warn you all to cancel pre-orders while you still can.

Seriously, finished it in two sittings, two sittings of repetitive combat, painful story and graphics which wouldn't of looked out of place on a last gen machine. And don't get me started on the animations which I can only describe as being done by somebody reading a copy of 'keyframe for dummies!'

Silicon Knights.. what happened?!?

I really don't have the words to describe how bad this game is in almost every area.
  • Xerx3s 1 Jul 2008 09:21:23 23,944 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Oh dear. Just out of curiosity, how did you get to play it and aren't you supposed to be NDA'ed?
  • Blerk Moderator 1 Jul 2008 09:24:07 48,225 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Arf! :-D
  • creepylizard 1 Jul 2008 09:25:59 786 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I have to say that everything I've seen about the game gives me the impression that its awful.....and whats with that combat sytem? who thought that would be a good idea? Ever?
  • malteaserhead 1 Jul 2008 09:31:34 13,444 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    :(
    Damn it. I was hoping Dennis and the gang had done themselves proud.
  • Quint2020 1 Jul 2008 09:32:52 3,484 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Pirotic wrote:
    This has to be the worst game I've played in the last 5 years, the NDA is against my human rights after the amount of mental anguish having to play this pos has caused me so I'm going to speak out and warn you all to cancel pre-orders while you still can.

Seriously, finished it in two sittings, two sittings of repetitive combat, painful story and graphics which wouldn't of looked out of place on a last gen machine. And don't get me started on the animations which I can only describe as being done by somebody reading a copy of 'keyframe for dummies!'

I really don't have the words to describe how bad this game is in almost every area.

Nooooooooooooooooo!!!

I was really looking forward to this, even with all of the negativity surrounding it, i just want a decent action RPG.

/resumes waiting for Sacred 2 (which has been delayed until November -______-)
  • w00t 1 Jul 2008 09:33:36 11,065 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hmmm. This doesn't seem too promising either... I was really looking forward to this.

Thank Blizzard for Diablo 3 announcements!

The day charity died - NEVER FORGET

(the mic was OK in the end)

• Retroid Moderator 1 Jul 2008 09:45:59 44,505 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    My expectations for this were at neutral anyway:

Turns out good = Yay!
    Turns out bad = Ah well, buy something else

I wasn't looking forward to it.
  • Darren 1 Jul 2008 09:49:26 8,762 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Pirotic wrote:

It looks utter shit in the videos I've seen... so incredibly bland and boring in terms of level and character design. I didn't once think the game looked remotely enticing or exciting while watching the videos. All I kept thinking was "Oh oh"...

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 3 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• ShakaCarnage 1 Jul 2008 10:14:15 1 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well, the very fact you've mentioned the NDA proves you've broken it you tard. I'll wait for the EG review, as usual.
  • Pirotic Moderator 1 Jul 2008 10:18:42 20,646 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The reason I say, is because I think this might be one of the games where they make sure all the pre-orders ship before the reviews get published. So just a heads up really.
  • RevanEleven 1 Jul 2008 10:20:47 2,076 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sounds worrying. Pre-order canceled. If Piro is completely wrong, I'd be surprised.

Edit: cheers for the heads-up.
  • Psychotext 1 Jul 2008 10:28:47 53,920 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Pirotic wrote:
    The reason I say, is because I think this might be one of the games where they make sure all the pre-orders ship before the reviews get published. So just a heads up really.
    Seems unlikely though doesn't it? Given how early they're giving reviewers access to the game.
  • RevanEleven 1 Jul 2008 10:35:35 2,076 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Kotaku seem to suggest that it sucks quite badly also.
  • Whizzo 1 Jul 2008 10:39:17 43,061 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Indeed, it's not just Piro waving his sword at windmills, everyone who has had early access seems less than impressed. And that's being kind.

This space left intentionally blank.

• Quint2020 1 Jul 2008 11:51:05 3,484 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'll wait for reviews to come in but as of now i'm not expecting much, i trust Pirotic's opinions on games.

Big shame tbh, as i say i'll just have to wait for Sacred 2 and Fable 2.
  • sargemat 1 Jul 2008 12:09:00 37 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    (Removed this post as it’s a bit OTT. You can read what I said in quotes though. Feel my later posts where a bit better and explain my opinon better.

I apologise for going over the top )
  • Psychotext 1 Jul 2008 12:10:28 53,920 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Classy post sargemat. Well done.
  • Deleted user 1 July 2008 12:11:07
    sargemat wrote:
    Pirotic didn't know 10 year olds could be forum mods now because that’s what you sound like. Your opinion means fuck all to me and with any luck you will be off the EG staff soon.

You sound like a pathetic peace of shit. May powers of Microsoft’s legal team have mercy on you.
    Lol what?
  • Aretak 1 Jul 2008 12:12:38 10,350 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    sargemat wrote:
    Pirotic didn't know 10 year olds could be forum mods now because that’s what you sound like. Your opinion means fuck all to me and with any luck you will be off the EG staff soon.

I don't know how you can call yourself a reviewer.
    Brilliant.
  • LockeTribal 1 Jul 2008 12:12:53 4,510 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Kotaku is watching you

O_o
  • sargemat 1 Jul 2008 12:12:56 37 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I edited my post to reflect my views a bit more but if too humans that bad I think we have a bad reviewer to go along with it.

O going to bad me. See if I give a shit. I am not the fucking twat who just broke NDA.
  • Page

of 7 First / Last

Previous