KillZone 2

• Page

of 30 First / Last

Previous
  • Mutley 22 Apr 2006 21:04:10 4 posts
    Registered 11 years ago
    Does anyone know where I can see some footage of KillZone 2 for the PS3?
    I can't seem to find anything on the internet.

Edited by Mutley at 21:04:24 22-04-2006
  • Tabasco 22 Apr 2006 21:07:09 5,780 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Mutley wrote:
    Does anyone know where I can see some footage of KillZone 2 for the PS3?
    I can't seem to find anything on the internet.

Edited by Mutley at 21:04:24 22-04-2006
    I suspect that you will not be successful in your hunt matey! Afaik nothing more has been shown other than that 'Vid' from E3 last year...
  • Mutley 22 Apr 2006 21:12:33 4 posts
    Registered 11 years ago
    Thanks ;_; for the link.
  • Tabasco 22 Apr 2006 21:19:11 5,780 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Space_Ranger wrote:
    ;_; wrote:
    alright, gay

Eh? Anyway how you do them link thingys?
    When you click on reply or post, down the left hand side, the first one underneath Tags allowed...
  • tingletanglebob 23 Apr 2006 11:30:34 330 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The footage shown at e3 last year was a prenrendered sequence done by the same people who did the prerender for that game with the buggys and motocross bikes. It was just for promotional purposes.

Have to wait to see what the game really looks like but wouldnt xpect prerender quality
  • BartonFink 23 Apr 2006 11:35:53 34,853 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    tingletanglebob wrote:
    The footage shown at e3 this year will be a prenrendered sequence done by the same people who did the prerender for that game with the buggys and motocross bikes.

Have to wait to see what the game really looks like but wouldnt xpect prerender quality
    fixxored.

TBH who really cares if it's like the last one it will be a pile of cack.
  • Stormflood 23 Apr 2006 11:47:41 2,263 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The conundrum with KZ2 is that anything less than the E3 render will be subject much hilarity and fanboy fodder, even if the gameplay is sublime. They completely dug their own graves last year.
  • BartonFink 23 Apr 2006 11:53:23 34,853 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I thought they did that when they released Killzone. :)
  • tingletanglebob 23 Apr 2006 11:56:11 330 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Killzone did suck, how did it get such a big following it was rubbish. I remember they were saying it was a halo killer it was a joke. Im sure there where other fps even on the ps2 that were better than killzone
  • BartonFink 23 Apr 2006 11:59:25 34,853 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Not really much of a challenge trying to better other FPS on the PS2 but this failed misserably.
  • Xerx3s 23 Apr 2006 12:49:47 23,944 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ;_; wrote:
    here

If it would look like this, i would get a ps3. But then again, it wont.
  • Darth_Flibble 23 Apr 2006 13:00:35 1,625 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    tingletanglebob wrote:
    Killzone did suck, how did it get such a big following it was rubbish. I remember they were saying it was a halo killer it was a joke. Im sure there where other fps even on the ps2 that were better than killzone

I think the reason the game was over hyped and the fanboys can't admit they were wrong.

Someone who use to be a mate before he become a retard sony fanboy still believes all the emotion engine bullshit and also believes all sony games look like CGI
  • Mutley 23 Apr 2006 14:07:14 4 posts
    Registered 11 years ago
    dravenclarke wrote:
    its actually killzone3 you should be searching for, killzone2 is coming out on the psp isnt it?

KillZone: Liberation is coming out on the PSP. KillZone 2 is gonna be on the PS3.

• UncleLou Moderator 23 Apr 2006 14:07:34 35,428 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    dravenclarke wrote:
    its actually killzone3 you should be searching for, killzone2 is coming out on the psp isnt it?

So the E3 video was real-time PSP footage? Neat.
  • Mutley 23 Apr 2006 14:10:52 4 posts
    Registered 11 years ago
    Killzone: liberation is a 3rd person shooter not an fps game.
  • tingletanglebob 23 Apr 2006 21:32:34 330 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    not being funny but theres no way mgs looked as good as the prerendered sequences of games that were being shown. Its easy for sony to say this is how we want ps3 games to look im sure everyone wants there games to look like prerenders just dont see this happening on the ps3. It like the emotion engine crap they were on about with ps2, they were saying about materials feeling realistic in games and that was bollicks
  • Freek 23 Apr 2006 21:35:00 7,687 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Mutley wrote:
    Killzone: liberation is a 3rd person shooter not an fps game.

The fact that it isn't an FPS doesn't mean it's not the second one in the series.
    Why do you think the concept video is simply called "Killzone"? It was shown before Killzone 2 was announced, labeling it Killzone 3 would have given the game away.

And there's also the possiblity of another Killzone game for the PS2, given how Sony will still support the platform with major releases even after the PS3 launch.
    Something Power Unlimmeted, a dutch game mag, hinted at when they vissited Guerilla for an interview and studio tour.

Edited by Freek at 21:38:56 23-04-2006
  • tingletanglebob 23 Apr 2006 21:40:14 330 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    but do you really care if theres another killzone the gameplay sucked bigtime, there are far better fps even on the ps2.
  • Freek 23 Apr 2006 21:42:17 7,687 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The gameplay wasn't that bad at all. The reviews said avarage, a 6/7 type game. Not bad but not excelent either. They had some great ideas though.
    So yeah, I do care if there's another one as they can fix the mistakes.
  • PepsiMax 23 Apr 2006 21:43:59 604 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    KillZone wasn't brilliant but it wasnt that bad either.

I seemed to miss the hype, so wasn't aware of that element though.

• Deleted user 23 April 2006 21:44:02
    Killzone on PS3 could be great. On PS2, it was fairly mediocre and was really limited to the oldness of the PS2 hardware at the time (another one to the argument that more power = better ideas and execution). If Guerilla REALLY try and aren't rushed by Sony, it could be a system-seller.
    And if it turns out looking even remotely close to the E3 video, people'll buy it anyway. :)
  • tingletanglebob 23 Apr 2006 21:48:00 330 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    yeah but why get excited by a game that was incredibly average. I dont think these guys are going to make a great fps an average one maybe at best. lets not forget this is the review it got

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/918762.asp?q=killzone

what i was being told when i bought it that it was sonys answer to halo.

I had both the ps2 and xbox beleive me stick with halo. There were other fps on ps2 that were leagues ahead of killzone. You should be looking at other fps you are definetly kidding yourself if you think this has any potential to be good.

I dont think the ps2 technology was to blame its just the game creators designs of levels were crap. If you bought the new one on graphics its still going to be poor game just with nice graphics its a game you will see loads of second hand copies of after a few months of it being launched

Edited by tingletanglebob at 21:51:00 23-04-2006
  • Freek 23 Apr 2006 21:54:29 7,687 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    We're not getting excited about a game that avarage game, we're looking forward to what Guerilla can do when not shackeled to old technology.

The setting and ideas they putt into Killzone were pretty interesting.
    To slate an entire developer based on avarage game is silly.
  • tingletanglebob 23 Apr 2006 21:55:16 330 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    just right tengu
  • tingletanglebob 23 Apr 2006 21:57:13 330 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    yeah but its not as if they came out with a great game and said we could have done some other things but will be in the next game. They made average crap, theres loads of great companies making great games those are the ones to look forward to not ones making average crap and just getting good marketing
  • Freek 23 Apr 2006 22:04:03 7,687 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    That's such an exaduration. If you read the reviews one thing that kept comming back was the shuddering frame rate and ocaisional glitchyness.
    They pushed the PS2 too far and ended up with a game that wasn't quite right.
    To say that Guerilla is avarage crap is nonsensical, something is either avarage or crap not both.
    The visuals and style were spot on, as was the idea of having a visceral, intense shooter that mixes WW1/2 with sci-fi.
    There's some obviouse talent there. It'll be interesting to see what they can do next.

Plus if you look at the Max Payne games for the PS2 compared to the Xbox and PC ones then it's pretty clear that technology can indeed make or break a game.

Edited by Freek at 22:29:05 23-04-2006
  • Page

of 30 First / Last

Previous