Arrested Development ? Page 30

• Page

of 30 First / Last

Next
  • johnson81 8 Jun 2013 01:52:51 373 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Like other series, I think the episodes will improve upon repeated viewing. I've seen the entire series now and felt as though it depended too much on overlapping jokes from previous series.

In the previous series, I found Maeby and GM quite annoying characters but found their episodes the best this series. Also loved the Gob and Tony Wonder episode.
  • Agent_Llama 8 Jun 2013 20:51:58 3,335 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Reached the end but didn't feel much motivation to actually get there. I will watch it all again but, overall, colour me very disappointed.

3DS: Mooky - 2019-9643-8311
    NNid: Agent_Llama
    Vita/PS3/360: Faloola
    FFXIV ARR: Alekzander Lockhart, Odin

• TarickStonefire 9 Jun 2013 09:33:04 2,900 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    What the heck *is* a consulting producer, anyway?

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• RichieTenenbaum 9 Jun 2013 10:01:04 2,181 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Someone who worked in the writer's room
  • Humperfunk 12 Jul 2013 15:29:15 1,938 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Probably not a huge amount in this but still, possible fifth season?

PSN & NNID: Wedjwants

• Iain815 12 Jul 2013 23:52:24 405 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I was going to say I would prefer to see a movie because I hated the new format, until I seen this in the comments.

In a recent Reddit AMA, [Hurwitz] added that any new season “would DEFINITELY be about the family all together,” both addressing some fan complaints about the fourth season and reigniting some old ones, as this means production will inevitably be delayed while they figure out the logistics of getting all the actors in one place again.'
    So, yay! I don't care how long it takes, unless the cast are together I'm not interested.
  • TarickStonefire 13 Jul 2013 09:32:47 2,900 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Humperfunk wrote:
    Probably not a huge amount in this but still, possible fifth season?
    I'd be astonished if they didn't. Maybe this time it won't be an interesting experiment masquerading as a proper series. :(

Edited by TarickStonefire at 09:33:09 13-07-2013

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• ecureuil 13 Jul 2013 09:43:20 76,520 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's not really fair to call it an interesting experiment, it was either they did it that way, or not at all.
  • Stranded87 13 Jul 2013 17:26:42 858 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I actually really liked that format. It made the over-arching story far more compelling and gave some of the other characters a little more focus. But...I wouldn't want them to do it again. It was a nice change as a one off but it didn't have the same dynamic and was less funny for it.
  • ecureuil 26 Jul 2013 21:28:26 76,520 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    When asked during a Q&A session at the Just For Laughs comedy festival in Montreal if the show would be returning, Hurwitz said baldly: ‘Definitely.’

baldly

Edited by ecureuil at 21:29:31 26-07-2013
  • CharlieStCloud 26 Jul 2013 21:45:02 5,077 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Okay, there's fifteen episode, right?

Thought the opening five was surprisingly average and not very funny at all. The next five were slowly bringing together the characters and a story arc (of sorts) starts to become visible. Finally, the final five episodes are just like the 'old show' ...

... lots of laughs, all the characters spent more on-screen time together, which was sorely missing at the best of times and of course, the story comes together and makes you think back to the earlier episodes with fonder appreciation.

Looking forward to series five!
  • Dougs 6 Aug 2013 06:59:54 66,710 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Finally finished it, thought it was fantastic and pure genius at the way it was all brought together. As with the first 3,nothing is wasted, it's so tight. Remarkable given how they had to film it. I probably need to watch it again though, this time more episodes back to back. Life meant I had to watch it fragmented, and I think it suffered a bit as a result. Didn't disappoint overall, which we were all worried about.
  • RedSparrows 6 Aug 2013 09:29:08 22,061 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think the biggest problem with it, other than lack of ensemble (understandable), was episode length.

Still, to be such a good show in such a tricky climate, very encouraging for any future work.
  • kalel 19 Mar 2014 10:45:04 86,393 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Probably old as fuck, but just came across this:

http://insertmeanywhere.biz/#/home
  • twelveways 27 Mar 2014 16:47:22 3,854 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Is there any news on the new series/movie?
  • superdelphinus 20 May 2014 23:05:26 8,035 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just finished watching the entire thing (series 1-4) over the last few weeks. So good that I genuinely feel quite sad that it's over, until something new materialises I guess.

I found series 4 quite a jolting jump when you are binge watching. Not just the sudden jump in the ages of them all, but also the much darker tone and the different way of telling the stories. Overall I didn't really think the darker bits suited the show (some of the bits with Gob were actually quite strange) and I usually like dark comedy. Still liked it though. My favourite bit, weirdly was when Michael and Gob bumped into each other saying hello to each other in ever increasingly sinister ways, until Gob did his evil "micchhael" thing.

It's just such a tremendous show and the attention to detail is staggering, often across multiple series - I watched some of the second episode of series 1 again and it had that bag in the fridge with "dead dove: don't eat" on it, exactly the same as the one in the last episode, 66 odd episodes later. I can see why people were saying it's like a live action Simpsons. I could probably just list words here and everyone would know what I'm talking about
  • superdelphinus 20 May 2014 23:07:22 8,035 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    twelveways wrote:
    Is there any news on the new series/movie?
    Last news I saw was in April I think, saying that a new series and movie are definitely on the cards via netflix. Issue around time frames and getting the cast together with scheduling etc may mean it takes a couple of years.
  • irrelevanthuman 20 May 2014 23:19:32 323 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Feeling a bit down in the dumps at the moment- time to re-watch the whole series. Be interesting to see Season 4 again after being slightly disappointed by it on first viewing. It was still better than pretty much everything else on the box.
  • superdelphinus 20 May 2014 23:30:54 8,035 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah I I've pretty much resigned myself that I'm going to watch it all again now :(

How do they write this show etc - is it a big team effort? I just don't understand how they could cram so many running gags into it. Even things like pictures always falling off the walls, it happens in so many situations - favourite example is when tobias as mrs featherbottom jumps off the landing into the table :)
  • Tom_Servo 20 May 2014 23:42:54 17,330 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Watching AD for the second time is really when you begin to see the show properly, if you know what I mean. The amount of running gags and foreshadowing is insane. You're barely scratching the surface on your first time through. It's absolutely stuffed with jokes.
  • Page

of 30 First / Last

Next