Crisps! Crisps! Wonderful Crisps!

• Page

of 6 First / Last

Previous
  • Deleted user 17 April 2006 18:42:05
    I gave them up completly for lent, but it's no longer lent, so AHAHAHAHAHA

I have a bag of Sensations Chicken Poppadoms, a bag of Doritos and dip, and some twiglets.

And I am going to eat them all tonight. And yes, it shall be righteous.
  • terminalterror 17 Apr 2006 18:49:39 18,937 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    You do realise that whatever you give up for Lent you can have on Sundays?

Shall we turn this into a discussion of the best crisps?

Pringles salt and vinegar or Kettle Chips anything with salt are my faves. Shame they are kind of expensive.

The absolute best crisp you could buy used to be Sainsbury's Potato Triangles, but they did a 'new and improved' to them a few months back and now they are a mere shadow of their former selves :(
  • Deleted user 17 April 2006 18:52:01
    The salt and vinegar sensations were awesome. Then they replaced them with fucking salt and pepper. Who the fuck likes pepper crisps? Mutants and gays, that's who.
  • Deleted user 17 April 2006 18:55:26
    Furbs wrote:
    T-Bone Steak flavoured Roysters.

I'm now contemplating going over the road getting some, some twiglets and a big bag of pork scratchings then sitting down for an evening of no-brainer effects laden films with beer and Easter eggs.

I fully expect to be dead by morning.

I haven't moved onto the no-brainer effects laden films yet. I'm still watching ER.
  • ProfessorLesser 17 Apr 2006 18:55:29 19,352 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Salt and vinegar hoola hoops.

And, more recently, salt and vinegar snackajacks.

Walker's salt and vinegar crisps go very nice crunched up in a ham sandwich.

And if you like your flavours painful, then you can't go wrong with salt and vinegar Discos.
  • Deleted user 17 April 2006 18:57:00
    ProfessorLesser wrote:
    And if you like your flavours painful, then you can't go wrong with salt and vinegar Discos.

I once had a bag that had obviously gone wrong. There were only three discos in them. The rest was just lumps of solid flavouring.

Man, that was awesome.
  • Toonster 17 Apr 2006 19:01:24 6,835 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Gremmi wrote:
    The salt and vinegar sensations were awesome. Then they replaced them with fucking salt and pepper. Who the fuck likes pepper crisps? Mutants and gays, that's who.

ROFL!

Salt & Vinegar are my fave, no matter what brand of crisp. Of course, I live in the States so I have to call them fucking chips. ;_;

'lol british words, u suk'

3DS: 0361-6951-2609 (Tom)

• Toonster 17 Apr 2006 19:02:36 6,835 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Gremmi wrote:
    ProfessorLesser wrote:

I once had a bag that had obviously gone wrong. There were only three discos in them. The rest was just lumps of solid flavouring.

Man, that was awesome.

ROFL here as well.

• ProfessorLesser 17 Apr 2006 19:06:48 19,352 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I remember Scampi flavoured Nik Naks. Not that they take much remembering.

They were fucking awful.
  • Deleted user 17 April 2006 19:07:03
    Furbs wrote:
    Does anyone remember those Fish and Chips (this'll confuse Toonster) flavour crisps? Of course they never tasted of that.

I do. Can't remember what brand they were, though.

Whatever happened to Hedgehog crisps? They used to have some odd flavours. IIRC, they were the first to do Beef and Mustard crisps.

Although crisps are shit now they're all in foil packets. Bring back the flimsy cellophane-alike packets!

/campaigns
  • terminalterror 17 Apr 2006 19:07:27 18,937 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Gremmi wrote:

Depends. Handcooked posh crisps like Kettle Chips with Sea Salt and Crushed Black Pepper are bloody gorgeous. If you just get pepper flavouring (like the Pringles Pepper flavour dipping ones) then they ming.
  • Deleted user 17 April 2006 19:07:53
    ProfessorLesser wrote:
    I remember Scampi flavoured Nik Naks. Not that they take much remembering.

They were fucking awful.

HEATHEN

They're still available at the moment. Multipacks are exclusive to ASDA, but single packs are available in most petrol stations.
  • Toonster 17 Apr 2006 19:09:07 6,835 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Gremmi wrote:
    Furbs wrote:
    Does anyone remember those Fish and Chips (this'll confuse Toonster) flavour crisps? Of course they never tasted of that.

I do. Can't remember what brand they were, though.

Whatever happened to Hedgehog crisps? They used to have some odd flavours. IIRC, they were the first to do Beef and Mustard crisps.

Although crisps are shit now they're all in foil packets. Bring back the flimsy cellophane-alike packets!

/campaigns

/runs against

• terminalterror 17 Apr 2006 19:09:59 18,937 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    When do crisps ever taste of their 'flavour' (apart from things like salt or vinegar), particularly all varieties of meat flavour. Not that some of them aren't nice, but they Roast Chicken flavour crisps don't taste much like Chicken, and considering that everything (even Crocodile) tastes like Chicken, that is saying something.
  • Deleted user 17 April 2006 19:11:36
    terminalterror wrote:
    When do crisps ever taste of their 'flavour' (apart from things like salt or vinegar), particularly all varieties of meat flavour. Not that some of them aren't nice, but they Roast Chicken flavour crisps don't taste much like Chicken, and considering that everything (even Crocodile) tastes like Chicken, that is saying something.

The lamb and mint ones taste quite like lamb and mint to me. Same with Beef and Mustard.

Depends on the brand though.
  • terminalterror 17 Apr 2006 19:14:09 18,937 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    HybridR wrote:
    TT, I beg to differ. If all meat tasted like chicken, I would gladly become a vegetarian.

I was exaggerating slightly. Meat from sheep, cows, pigs and fish doesn't taste of chicken, but quite a few other animals do. Well, crocodile does and they aren't anything like chicken at all. It tastes of stringy chicken and is quite expensive, so I'll be giving it a miss in future.
  • Bunda 17 Apr 2006 19:14:54 5,241 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Furbs wrote:
    In the States, when with fish, French fries are always called chips also. I dunno why, but it is a little confusing.

Chip flavoured crisps would be, in the States, French-fry flavoured chips.

???
  • terminalterror 17 Apr 2006 19:14:59 18,937 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Gremmi wrote:
    terminalterror wrote:

The lamb and mint ones taste quite like lamb and mint to me. Same with Beef and Mustard.

Depends on the brand though.

Isn't that just the mint and the mustard? Those aren't hard to get right, but meat is.
  • Deleted user 17 April 2006 19:16:18
    grayson wrote:
    thread over!

The Branston Pickle ones are superior.

Actually, the best ones are the (now sadly unavailable) Peperami Mini Cheddars.
  • ProfessorLesser 17 Apr 2006 19:26:23 19,352 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Roast Chicken Sensations taste scarily like a roast chicken dinner.
  • Chimpus 17 Apr 2006 19:31:15 751 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Salt and Vinegar Frisps ruled our high school playground so much so that the discarded packets outnumbered the leaves blown about on a windy day.
  • Deleted user 17 April 2006 19:33:55
    Furbs wrote:
    Mission accomplished:
    2x Cheese and Onion Square Crisps
    2x T-Bone Steak
    1x Scampi Flavour Fries (Smiths)
    1x Bacon Flavour Fries (Ditto)

Now just need to decide what film.

And where the fuck are the pork scratchings?

I'm disappointed, Furbs.
  • Pike 17 Apr 2006 19:34:45 13,448 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Your British crisps are disgusting and inferior.

Behold true snack greatness.

Dill and chives crisps and dill and sour cream crisps, Accept no substitutes.
  • Bunda 17 Apr 2006 19:36:37 5,241 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This thread is making me HUNGER.

Lays Smoked BBQ.

/rubs tummy
  • Pike 17 Apr 2006 19:38:46 13,448 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Furbs wrote:

Pike, theres no meat in those flavours. Anyone would think you were a pinko treehugger.

Edited by Furbs at 19:36:03 17-04-2006

Meat should be eaten bloody, not mummified.
  • Deleted user 17 April 2006 19:39:55
    Pike wrote:
    Furbs wrote:

Pike, theres no meat in those flavours. Anyone would think you were a pinko treehugger.

Edited by Furbs at 19:36:03 17-04-2006

Meat should be eaten bloody, not mummified.

Black pudding crisps do exist. I've seen them somewhere.

/ponders liver and bacon crisps
  • reality_cheque 18 Apr 2006 10:34:05 7,487 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Furbs wrote:
    1x Scampi Flavour Fries (Smiths)
    They were responsible for my old saying of "If you go home on Friday night and your fingers don't smell of fish, you might as well stay home and watch Gardener's World". Not exactly catchy, but I believe it gets the point across.

Top 5 crisps
    1) Frazzles
    2) Hamburger (not cheeseburger) flavour snacks
    3) Nice 'n' Spicy NikNaks
    4) Sore Finger Hula Hoops
    5) Sea Salt + Balsamic Vinegar Kettle Chips.
  • reality_cheque 18 Apr 2006 10:34:43 7,487 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Gremmi wrote:
    /ponders liver and bacon crisps
    *vom*
  • Tiger_Walts 18 Apr 2006 10:42:06 16,579 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    /looks at fat content of crisps

/no longer eats them every day

IT Monkey and StickyPiston Minecraft Hosting Support