of 10 First / Last

• sargulesh 20 Oct 2009 10:26:46 3,281 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    LOL
  • President_Weasel 20 Oct 2009 10:48:11 8,977 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Fuck you, IGN. Fuck you right in the ear.
  • nullifidian 21 Oct 2009 10:52:00 23 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    haha that's amazing. I love Godhand, it's hardcore. How much more am I going to love party babyz?

Recon the babyz can do some ballbusters?
  • Mageme 21 Oct 2009 11:08:13 1,993 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This is still on my big pile of "not yet completed" games. Am itching to get back and give it another chance... just need to find some spare time at the moment. =(

3DS: 5086-1465-9252

• Purple 17 Dec 2009 03:07:40 8 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    This game is awesome quite possibly the best, certainly best beat 'em up action game there is. Only recently purchased it and its insanely difficult but i want to master it so badly only DMC 1 has had this effect
  • MinifighterNOW 23 Dec 2009 20:55:52 2 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    True!!! this game is a good game!
  • Deleted user 25 November 2010 10:48:57
    Post deleted
  • Deleted user 25 November 2010 10:48:57
    Post deleted
  • Deleted user 25 November 2010 10:56:01
    Post deleted
  • Deleted user 25 November 2010 10:56:01
    Post deleted
  • simiankid 5 Sep 2011 16:30:03 594 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    After finishing Okami, picking this up seemed like the only sensible option... and Jesus Christ, it's hard (obligatory!). Even though I'd read about them, the demons still surprised me.

Got up to the three circus types after a couple of goes, but they keep doing me over. I suspect that I'm not using the God Hand/Roulette attacks enough - even the odd hit wears your tiny energy bar down enough to be a risk. Gonna have to work on my Yes Man Kerblam/evade combo.

One question - anybody know a way to go back to levels you've already completed to get more techniques without having to restart the entire game? I'm pretty sure I've missed a couple of good ones, but I don't want to have to finish the game to cirle back and get the buggers.
  • Load_2.0 5 Sep 2011 16:52:52 18,918 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    With regard to those three, the first guy should be quite straight forward, the second you need to sweep and pound and remember to save the crates for the last boss.

Just keep moving! Use the dodge as much as possible and get a sweet combo sorted. I wouldn't worry to much about the techniques, you get to backtrack later I think (might be wrong its been a year or two since I played this.) But you can buy most of the techniques when the cash starts rolling in later.

My absolute favourite beat em up on any console. Love it!
  • simiankid 6 Sep 2011 09:58:23 594 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    As advised - slapped a guard break in the middle of my combo and added lots of fast small punches to close the combo gaps. That, and some abuse of dragon kick, sorted me right out - the stooges have been bested (for now). Cheers 2.0!
  • Deleted user 6 September 2011 12:55:10
    Fantastic game - totally insane.

Fighting those two gay guys in the circus whilst some dodgy Elvis styled music played in the background was a gaming highlight. They dont make em how they used to...
  • 1Dgaf 6 Sep 2011 12:56:56 3,788 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Post deleted

www.hatchetjob.com - more than games. "Seemingly trivial, surprisingly deep"

• 1Dgaf 6 Sep 2011 15:52:31 3,788 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Game ordered. 15.50 including recorded postage. 'Good' condition, but on eBay that can mean all sorts of shit; scratches, tears, scuffs. At least seller has couple of thousand good feedback.

• simiankid 6 Sep 2011 16:27:11 594 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Not bad not bad. Have you bought a new pad to go along with it? I guarantee you'll twist one in half by the end of your first week playing it.
  • 1Dgaf 6 Sep 2011 17:42:01 3,788 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I stepped on my old PS2 pad, so I do happen to have a new one; it's one of the motion control models with the longer grips. Official, though it feels a bit light and plasticky.

I'll be fine though. I don't get abuse controllers when I play games.

• 1Dgaf 13 Sep 2011 08:49:22 3,788 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Game turned up, complete with Grainger Games stickers on the disc and inside of the box and the manual with a tear at the back. Some scratches on disc, but I played the first level OK and am into the second level. Seller told me she'd give me a 2 refund. I don't normally buy games in that condition, knowingly, so better the devil one knows, I suppose.

Pow pow!

• simiankid 13 Sep 2011 16:51:56 594 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    FFS, that's not good condition. Least it works though. I'm now stuck on the five power-ranger dwarves, having righteously kicked the gorillas ass. I love playing games sometimes.

Worryingly, having all but given up caffeine, I've discovered that a caffeine rush is exactly what you need to play this game, and I've been dosing up on espresso before playing. God only knows what I'd be like if I ever got my hands on some amphetamine.

/goes to buy amphetamine
  • Deleted user 13 September 2011 19:03:07
    Unlucky with the dodgy copy 1Dgaf.

God Hand is too good to be hidden away on the shelves, it deserves to be in pristine condition to take pride of place at the front of any collection for all to see.

It also pays to have a spare sleeve for when you want to show how much you love it. :o
  • simiankid 16 Sep 2011 11:14:20 594 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Properly getting into the swing of changing up my combo mid-level now, it really does make a huge difference (something I wasn't sure about when I started the game) especially if you stick a guard breaker in the second or third combo slot. Made all the difference against the circus magician lady.

This game's sense of humour is awesome though a bus!?
  • Load_2.0 16 Sep 2011 11:48:56 18,918 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Great game huh!

There are some rock hard battles to come but once you get a feel for the combo's it becomes more bearable!
  • simiankid 20 Sep 2011 10:05:40 594 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    Great game huh!

There are some rock hard battles to come but once you get a feel for the combo's it becomes more bearable!

GAH, you've clearly cursed me - I'm utterly stuck on Elvis's demon form. I suspect I'm just being rubbish, even following Gamefaq's advice of punching and nipping in, combo/roulette/GH and nipping out, I'm still getting smushed. Might have to persevere with the chihuahua racing and get myself some some extra damage moves for me combo.
  • Load_2.0 20 Sep 2011 11:27:40 18,918 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Haha Yeah I racked up some serious coin with that, always go green dog! (Not really)

Is that the fight in the graveyard? If so you really have to keep moving, wait till he attacks and nip in with a quick combo then run like a coward!

• simiankid 20 Sep 2011 12:00:08 594 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Nope, I smashed him first time in the graveyard fight. This is the Elvis uber-demon fight in the church (level 5), after you've pushed that $&^%$ metal ball up the ramp.

Your advice still helps though, I'm just being rubbish. Cheers Load!
  • dwalker109 26 Jan 2012 15:03:50 23 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just signed up to the US store for this (and some NTSC PSone games), fuck me it is good. I'm very impressed!
  • Page

of 10 First / Last